chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bruno Sammartino shoots on Ric Flair

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2467
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Bruno Sammartino shoots on Ric Flair Empty
PostSubject: Bruno Sammartino shoots on Ric Flair   Bruno Sammartino shoots on Ric Flair Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 9:52 am

Hey guys, check this out:

Check it out:

One major topic with Bruno is Ric Flair. Many have spoken about the infamous backstage "snub" where Flair claims that Sammartino refused to shake his hand at a live event. During the ClubWWI.com interview, James asked about it. Bruno finds this story laughable and explains his side of what happened. He tells what happened that day, why Ric Flair is "a liar," and why Flair's reasoning doesn't even make sense.

From there, Bruno speaks about Ric's criticisms in his book. Flair called Sammartino a Northeast star who couldn't draw fans outside New York. This statement upsets the Living Legend. Off the top of his head, he runs down over a dozen cities outside the area that he sold out and the opponents he faced. Besides the false statements themselves, Bruno also explains to ClubWWI.com another aspect of the whole thing that angered him:

"Who is this guy to say a stupid statement like that? I resented him for that because who the heck is he? What's he talking about?"

Guttman says that it seems like a conflict of interest when WWE wrestlers write autobiographies because, in many cases, their views seem to shadow those of the promotion. Ric's book seemed to take aim at many who were on the outs with the McMahons at the time. Sammartino responded:

"Well, that's the kind of people they are. What can I tell you? That speaks volumes about the guy. But let me go a little bit further. No, I don't respect Ric Flair. I don't respect him at all. Here's a guy we all heard about, which I couldn't believe, he exposes himself on an airplane! He got sued for it. Remember that? He used to get a kick out of jumping on a bar (at) saloons and mooning everybody in the joint. Here's a guy who almost got arrested and went to jail 25 years ago for not paying income taxes and Crocket Sr. worked out a deal with the IRS to take so much out of his pay to do it. Then I found out a year ago, the same thing happened all over again. What is this a guy to be looked up to? Give me a break! Sounds to me like he's a real misfit."

credit: lordsofpain.net

I agree with Bruno completely!
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Bruno Sammartino shoots on Ric Flair   Bruno Sammartino shoots on Ric Flair Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 5:04 pm

How can you agree with him? You weren't even there, so how do you know whether he's telling the truth or Flair is when it comes to that situation.

Also, HE did not sell out the events, in case his head has gotten too big, there are other wrestlers on the card. Pretty damn arrogant to think that he's the only reason people would watch wrestling.
Back to top Go down
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Bruno Sammartino shoots on Ric Flair   Bruno Sammartino shoots on Ric Flair Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 5:22 pm

I'm not going to argue with you babaganoosh.

and besides, I support Bruno, but not Flair.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: Bruno Sammartino shoots on Ric Flair   Bruno Sammartino shoots on Ric Flair Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 5:30 pm

So I take it you disagree...which I can't see why you would unless you really think there's only 1 wrestler on an entire show.
Back to top Go down
Tory88
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Tory88

Male Number of posts : 516
Registration date : 2007-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Bruno Sammartino shoots on Ric Flair   Bruno Sammartino shoots on Ric Flair Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 5:30 pm

I dunno - Bruno does make some sense, but we have no way of telling who is right. Personally, I think he is just ranting about the WWE ust like everyone else not employed by the WWE does - that's not to say his points aren't valid, however. As to the selling out thing, as baba has allready said, there was more than one match those nights, so it is egotistical to consider it his accomplishment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwe.com
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: Bruno Sammartino shoots on Ric Flair   Bruno Sammartino shoots on Ric Flair Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 5:59 pm

When you consider the incident, think about which is more likely.

1) Flair walks up to Bruno and wants to shake his hand and he declines.
2) Bruno says Flair saw him and ran away from him so he wouldn't have to talk to him.

Yeah, I think it's safe to bet on Flair's side. And because of that, I don't bother to take Bruno's comments seriously at all, true or not, because quite frankly they don't mean anything to me.
Back to top Go down
Tory88
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Tory88

PostSubject: Re: Bruno Sammartino shoots on Ric Flair   Bruno Sammartino shoots on Ric Flair Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 6:11 pm

babaganoosh wrote:
I don't bother to take Bruno's comments seriously at all, true or not, because quite frankly they don't mean anything to me.

Well, the point about the autobiographies seems true enough...
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Bruno Sammartino shoots on Ric Flair   Bruno Sammartino shoots on Ric Flair Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 1:56 pm

babaganoosh wrote:
How can you agree with him? You weren't even there, so how do you know whether he's telling the truth or Flair is when it comes to that situation.

Also, HE did not sell out the events, in case his head has gotten too big, there are other wrestlers on the card. Pretty damn arrogant to think that he's the only reason people would watch wrestling.

That is what TNAguy does.

I also agree with you that what he says, doesn't mean anything to me and is he really whining about someone not shaking his hand? Are you fucking kidding me?
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: Bruno Sammartino shoots on Ric Flair   Bruno Sammartino shoots on Ric Flair Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 3:10 pm

Tory88 wrote:
babaganoosh wrote:
I don't bother to take Bruno's comments seriously at all, true or not, because quite frankly they don't mean anything to me.

You mean the whole paragraph he ranted on about why he doesn't respect Flair?

Quote :

Well, that's the kind of people they are. What can I tell you? That speaks volumes about the guy. But let me go a little bit further. No, I don't respect Ric Flair. I don't respect him at all. Here's a guy we all heard about, which I couldn't believe, he exposes himself on an airplane! He got sued for it. Remember that? He used to get a kick out of jumping on a bar (at) saloons and mooning everybody in the joint. Here's a guy who almost got arrested and went to jail 25 years ago for not paying income taxes and Crocket Sr. worked out a deal with the IRS to take so much out of his pay to do it. Then I found out a year ago, the same thing happened all over again. What is this a guy to be looked up to? Give me a break! Sounds to me like he's a real misfit.

I highlighted 6 words, and that says it all. Flair says he wouldn't shake his hand? Well I just showed you why Flair's story was right, because Bruno didn't respect the guy. So for Bruno to say that Flair is lying and that he wants to shake Flair's hand is ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Bruno Sammartino shoots on Ric Flair   Bruno Sammartino shoots on Ric Flair Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 3:19 pm

Read Flair's book and it has made alot of people mad.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: Bruno Sammartino shoots on Ric Flair   Bruno Sammartino shoots on Ric Flair Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 3:21 pm

So he made people mad and that's suddenly a bad thing now? But when Bruno makes people mad with every single interview he does, that's ok with you?
Back to top Go down
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Bruno Sammartino shoots on Ric Flair   Bruno Sammartino shoots on Ric Flair Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 3:48 pm

That's right!
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: Bruno Sammartino shoots on Ric Flair   Bruno Sammartino shoots on Ric Flair Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 3:57 pm

Wow...just wow. Admitting to being a hypecrit...that is kind of sad...

This is exactly the reason nobody bothers to take anything you say seriously.
Back to top Go down
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Bruno Sammartino shoots on Ric Flair   Bruno Sammartino shoots on Ric Flair Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 5:08 pm

I am NOT being a Hypocrite babaganoosh, I'm speaking about Bruno.

I'm just not a WWE Fan.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: Bruno Sammartino shoots on Ric Flair   Bruno Sammartino shoots on Ric Flair Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 5:23 pm

Do you even know what a hypocrite is?

Because both Bruno and Flair are pissing people off and you think it's fine for Bruno to do it, but not Flair.
Back to top Go down
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Bruno Sammartino shoots on Ric Flair   Bruno Sammartino shoots on Ric Flair Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 5:25 pm

I'm not trying to say that babaganoosh, I misunderstood you.

No hard feelings.
Back to top Go down
Tory88
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Tory88

PostSubject: Re: Bruno Sammartino shoots on Ric Flair   Bruno Sammartino shoots on Ric Flair Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 7:00 am

babaganoosh wrote:
Tory88 wrote:
babaganoosh wrote:

You mean the whole paragraph he ranted on about why he doesn't respect Flair?

NO, just the one sentance about autobiographies being biassed if you work for the company - the rest is crap.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Bruno Sammartino shoots on Ric Flair   Bruno Sammartino shoots on Ric Flair Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 10:48 am

babaganoosh wrote:
So he made people mad and that's suddenly a bad thing now? But when Bruno makes people mad with every single interview he does, that's ok with you?

A lot of the WWE Biography's have pissed some poeple off, that will happen when you tell the truth. Some people can't handle the truth, just ask Jack Nickelson...TNAguy should has a lot to learn, he doesn't know the difference between a fact and his opinion, he doesn't know what hypocrite means...Even Canadians have grammar and spelling text books Laughing I'm kidding....USA USA USA USA
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bruno Sammartino shoots on Ric Flair   Bruno Sammartino shoots on Ric Flair Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1