chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!!

Go down 
+5
Sykesy
CMHL_Is_Legend
Y2J X
babaganoosh
stl311
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Did you like the article?
Yes
Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!! Vote_lcap71%Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!! Vote_rcap
 71% [ 5 ]
No
Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!! Vote_lcap29%Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!! Vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

Male Number of posts : 3627
Registration date : 2007-11-21

Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!! Empty
PostSubject: Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!!   Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 6:22 pm

Post To See Article.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ecw.com
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!!   Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 6:24 pm

The post to see article thing might not work out that well in this case. If you want them to vote and leave a response about it, they'd have to read the article first before even a yes/no answer.
Back to top Go down
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

PostSubject: Re: Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!!   Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 6:26 pm

babaganoosh wrote:
The post to see article thing might not work out that well in this case. If you want them to vote and leave a response about it, they'd have to read the article first before even a yes/no answer.

That's why they post, then vote, then edit the post to leave a response.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!!   Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 6:27 pm

It was a pretty great read. I learned something new, never knew JR or Heyman were in WCW. You made pretty good points, with Goldberg, nWo, and stables. Their is only one problem with the entire article, Ric Flair is actually a twenty time world heavyweight champion but, thats probably not the most common of knowledge. That being said, it only proved your point more.

Last edited by Y2J X on Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I voted yes)
Back to top Go down
CMHL_Is_Legend
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
CMHL_Is_Legend

Male Number of posts : 1548
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!!   Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 6:59 pm

Posting to read
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!!   Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 7:06 pm

Sorry but i voted no and ill tell you why, 80% of this is just points from ECW:rise and Fall. As much as that DVd is a good watch it is clogged with absolute bullshit and WCW got no rebuttle just like on the monday night wars DVD. Sorry STL but most of your points are just from that one DVD
Back to top Go down
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

PostSubject: Re: Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!!   Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 7:09 pm

Sykesy wrote:
Sorry but i voted no and ill tell you why, 80% of this is just points from ECW:rise and Fall. As much as that DVd is a good watch it is clogged with absolute bullshit and WCW got no rebuttle just like on the monday night wars DVD. Sorry STL but most of your points are just from that one DVD

How the fuck do you figure this is from The Rise and Fall of ECW? This shit is from my mind, the shit I watched on WCW weekly...I was actually watching wrestling when they were around, and I didn't even use the DVD in this one, all of it is fact and if you don't believe me Wikipedia it.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!!   Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 7:13 pm

stl311© wrote:
Sykesy wrote:

How the fuck do you figure this is from The Rise and Fall of ECW? This shit is from my mind, the shit I watched on WCW weekly...I was actually watching wrestling when they were around, and I didn't even use the DVD in this one, all of it is fact and if you don't believe me Wikipedia it.

I never said this wasnt facts did i. I never said you never came up with stuff but so much of this is backed up by ECW:Rise and Fall. Lastly why would i check wiki for "facts"
Back to top Go down
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

PostSubject: Re: Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!!   Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 7:15 pm

Sykesy wrote:
stl311© wrote:
Sykesy wrote:

I never said this wasnt facts did i. I never said you never came up with stuff but so much of this is backed up by ECW:Rise and Fall. Lastly why would i check wiki for "facts"

The only thing mildly mentioned in the Rise and Fall of ECW was the fucking budget of Ted Turner and The Roster Rummaging. Other then that, ECW didn't talk about WCW. Sykesy you need to pay more attention.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!!   Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 7:26 pm

stl311© wrote:
Sykesy wrote:
stl311© wrote:
Sykesy wrote:

The only thing mildly mentioned in the Rise and Fall of ECW was the fucking budget of Ted Turner and The Roster Rummaging. Other then that, ECW didn't talk about WCW. Sykesy you need to pay more attention.

I have watched the DVD over at least 15 times. The whole thing is Paul not shutting his yap about how ECW had there talent stolen from bishoff and WCW just cause WCW were canvasing for real talent. They were getting paid shit all because at the time ECW was going poor and they went to WCW. Now does that sound familiar.

Or maybe Stevie Richards going with Raven to WCW, Not familiar yet? Raven coming back because he wasnt happy. Heyman even had the hide to say that Raven wasnt getting payed enough at WCW, Yet the whole fucking ECW roster was getting cheques which were bouncing.

And you tell me i should pay more attention
Back to top Go down
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

PostSubject: Re: Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!!   Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 7:28 pm

First off, I never mentioned Stevie Richards going to WCW.
Second off, I never mentioned Raven going back to ECW.
Third off, I just made a point of both WWF talent and ECW talent going there. I didn't bitch or moan, I said the talent went over there. If you notice I gave a list of WCW talent that went over there as well.

Thus proving my point of you paying attention.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!!   Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:12 pm

Did i ever say you did say those things.. No for the love of god, And you say i dont pay attention. Im just stating that the influence of this arguemnt was a DVD which has about 80% complete bullshit in it. and any LOYAL ECW fan will tell you that. Go on OWW and ask Joey idol if ECW rise and fall is full of bullshit.
Back to top Go down
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

PostSubject: Re: Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!!   Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 9:27 pm

Sykesy wrote:
Did i ever say you did say those things.. No for the love of god, And you say i dont pay attention. Im just stating that the influence of this arguemnt was a DVD which has about 80% complete bullshit in it. and any LOYAL ECW fan will tell you that. Go on OWW and ask Joey idol if ECW rise and fall is full of bullshit.

Fuck OWW, Fuck Joey Idol, and Fuck You...I don't give a damn about the fucking DVD, and this article has nothing to do with the fucking DVD. Dickhead.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!!   Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 9:35 pm

stl311© wrote:
Sykesy wrote:

Fuck OWW, Fuck Joey Idol, and Fuck You...I don't give a damn about the fucking DVD, and this article has nothing to do with the fucking DVD. Dickhead.

So much for not bitching about it, You know im right. Your backing your statements from a DVD. Your in denial
Back to top Go down
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

PostSubject: Re: Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!!   Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 9:54 pm

Sykesy wrote:
stl311© wrote:
Sykesy wrote:

So much for not bitching about it, You know im right. Your backing your statements from a DVD. Your in denial

TIC the odds of you (a 14 year old boy that never watched WCW Live) being right against me (a 19 male who has watched WCW/ECW since 1995) is very unlikely.

Especially considering the fact that I've read Jericho's book, I've watch the Monday Night Wars DVD, I've read Eric Bischoffs book...this isn't about The Rise and Fall of ECW, this about WCW...Jim Crockett Promotions. You act like ECW had something to do with this when in reality it was about World Championship Wrestling. You're wrong, and you and I both know it...and if you don't think so I'm sure Y2J X, Baba, Inah, hell maybe even MF will tell you you're pulling more shit out of your ass then a gay man in a dildo factory.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!!   Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 10:02 pm

First of all im 15 and ive seen WCW twice. once in sydney and once in melbourne in 2000 so yeah.

I have not read Y2Js book so i cant really comment there except for one thing, Guess who its published by .. WWE. WWE hate WCW because they were a threat. Anyone who thinks that ECW were are just fucking stupid thats why WWE live back on all the history of ECW with DVDs and such cause there not a threat. Why do you think your lead to believe that WCW was a shit hole. I have met certain guys such as Jeff Jarrett, raven, Sabu etc. and guess what. WCW got them a stable job with sustaintial pay. Yet not according to your little friend heyman. Why because he is a jealous guy.

Bring on Baba, MF, SOL even. i dont care to be honest because in the end. Your backing your points from what WWE has told you. its so bloody obvious. maybe you might wanna check out some shoots and then state your opinions hey!
Back to top Go down
Straight-Edge Zach
The Enforcer
The Enforcer
Straight-Edge Zach

Other / Decline to state Number of posts : 3563
Registration date : 2007-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!!   Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 1:48 am

STL brings up some vaild points. The whole traing/retirment ground thing, I agree with, I mean as you said Foley, Undertaker, Austin, HHH. They got their first breaks in WCW, they got over, then they left and made it BIG in WWE. I don't think WCW is overated, it's really a matter of opinion, some people watch it and go "This is crap, why are these dinosaurs in the spotlight?" Others love it cause their favorite talents were showcased when WWE couldn't afford/keep them.

All in all, great post STL.

David...just leave it, this ain't about Rise and Fall...

Last edited by Straight-Edge Zach on Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bolty B
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
Bolty B

Male Number of posts : 1889
Registration date : 2008-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!!   Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 1:49 am

I'm posting...on a side note, Sykesy vs. STL, FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!!   Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 4:15 am

Straight-Edge Zach wrote:

David...just leave it, this ain't about Rise and Fall...

Did i say it was .. NO!

i said that this post is based of Rise And fall and in a way is a motivation from it
Back to top Go down
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

PostSubject: Re: Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!!   Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 4:22 am

Its ok Dave, I still love you Razz
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!!   Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 5:35 am

STL im still waiting for a reply on my most recent post about the topic (First of this page)
Back to top Go down
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

PostSubject: Re: Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!!   Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 6:01 am

Yeah and you keep forgetting I'm good friends with Mr. Fullington and Jerry Lynn. Younger guys didn't like getting buried, and Bischoff's book is something different that gives you that perspective. I don't believe WWE as far as I can throw them, and I'm telling you WCW was obviously a shitty place to work...if it wasn't then how come so many people left?
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!!   Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 6:11 am

How come so many people left ECW, How come so many people left WWF. This happens. they want a higher position or just better pay. That point jusst is nonscense. Its not like if you leave ECW its fine cause you need the money, but if you leave WCW its because it was a shitty place.

90% of the people left because they were the big time in there other promotions and when they went to WCW they were mid carders. For example raven, he is a perfect example.

If it was sooo shitty how come low carders stayed there like Crowbar etc. They could of got a job someowhere else but they didnt, So you cant say it was a shit place to work.
Back to top Go down
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

PostSubject: Re: Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!!   Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 6:17 am

Sykesy wrote:
How come so many people left ECW, How come so many people left WWF. This happens. they want a higher position or just better pay. That point jusst is nonscense. Its not like if you leave ECW its fine cause you need the money, but if you leave WCW its because it was a shitty place.

90% of the people left because they were the big time in there other promotions and when they went to WCW they were mid carders. For example raven, he is a perfect example.

If it was sooo shitty how come low carders stayed there like Crowbar etc. They could of got a job someowhere else but they didnt, So you cant say it was a shit place to work.

I can say it was a shitty place to work. Where has Crowbar worked since? Exactly. When people left ECW it was because ECW was an indy promotion that didn't get big until 1997. The reason people left WWF was there spotlight was being taken away.

Jeff Jarrett-Lost the IC Belt to Chyna.
Hulk Hogan- Thing of the 80s
Randy Savage- Was an announcer, wanted to wrestle some more.
Hall- Was losing his big push to Shawn Michaels
Nash- Had a shitty run as Champion, wasn't going to get the belt again.
Piper- Older Vet who lost his limelight
Hacksaw- Same shit.

Then you look at the reasons Sabu left, he left because he had other bookings for more money. Sandman left because he had a wife and a kid to feed. Raven left because he had a family to care for. Notice something about all three? They came back to ECW. Bam Bam Bigelow has said on Shoot DVDs that WCW had shitty booking and that they didn't have shows done on time.

I don't know about you but that sounds like a crappy work enviroment to me.
Back to top Go down
Bek
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
Bek

Female Number of posts : 1602
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!!   Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 6:29 am

I liked this article, STL brings up some very valid points, and it does seem like WCW was a crappy place to work. I wasn't watching WCW back when it was around, so I don't know the full story, but STL definitely raises strong points, no denying that.

Last edited by Bek on Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!!   Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Behind The Barbed Wire SPECIAL EDITION!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next