chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

This is why they won their Slammy awards

Go down 
+4
Sykesy
CMHL_Is_Legend
DJ Hipp
K.Smoke
8 posters
AuthorMessage
K.Smoke
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
K.Smoke

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2008-11-22

This is why they won their Slammy awards Empty
PostSubject: This is why they won their Slammy awards   This is why they won their Slammy awards Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 7:20 pm

Backstage Update on the WWE Slammys & Some Winners
Posted by Marc Middleton in WWE News on Wednesday, December 10th, 2008
This post was viewed 127 total times, 127 views were today.
- The creative process behind WWE’s Slammy Awards was described by one source as if they were writing a regular WWE television show as there were various ideas of what would work on the show and what would not work.

For example, Santino Marella couldn’t win any awards because it played into the angle that he would have bragged about winning and his role is to be a comedy guy who gets laughed at all the time and is always failing at something.

WWE wanted to put Chris Jericho over strong since he’s challenging John Cena for the World Title in Armageddon’s main event, which is why he won the Superstar of the Year. Basically they wanted to put as much behind Jericho going into the match with Cena, where he will likely lose.

The Slammy Award given to Shawn Michaels for his match with Ric Flair at WrestleMania 24 was done to have an opening to further the storyline with JBL.
Back to top Go down
http://WWE.com
DJ Hipp
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
DJ Hipp

Male Number of posts : 864
Registration date : 2008-10-27

PostSubject: Re: This is why they won their Slammy awards   This is why they won their Slammy awards Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 7:41 pm

well thats dumb. Jericho sucked ass this year. definately didnt deserve that award.
Back to top Go down
CMHL_Is_Legend
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
CMHL_Is_Legend

Male Number of posts : 1548
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: This is why they won their Slammy awards   This is why they won their Slammy awards Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 7:41 pm

I knew most of these reasons.
Back to top Go down
K.Smoke
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
K.Smoke

PostSubject: Re: This is why they won their Slammy awards   This is why they won their Slammy awards Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 8:12 pm

I really do think that Jericho deserved his award but this kinds of take away from the Slammys totally. At the same time this is an unofficial report. Though its more than likely true.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: This is why they won their Slammy awards   This is why they won their Slammy awards Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 8:14 pm

I disagree, This is fair enough IMO.

It adds to the show for example look at Owen Hart when he had his Slammy. It was fucking annoying but you cant deny it kept intrest in his fueds. he would Brag about his slammy and his opponents would get pissed.

So to be honest, Doing this is a pretty good idea
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: This is why they won their Slammy awards   This is why they won their Slammy awards Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 8:30 pm

BEAST wrote:
I really do think that Jericho deserved his award but this kinds of take away from the Slammys totally. At the same time this is an unofficial report. Though its more than likely true.

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

-- At Monday's Raw, the wrestlers spent all day rehearsing their lines for the Slammy Awards, with virtually no time working on the wrestling aspects of the show. Most of the awards given were as a result of the ongoing storylines, but some were shoots. They were described as not meaning to be credible as creative didn't really sit down to think of people's qualifications and who deserved to win certain awards. For example, they didn't have Santino Marella win any awards because because it played into his storyline of bragging he'd win and his role in WWE is to be laughed at and always failing. Jericho received "Superstar of the Year" because they wanted to put him over strong since he's challenging John Cena for the World Heavyweight Championship at this Sunday's Armageddon pay-per-view. It also gave him a reason to cut a big promo promoting the match, so he got the award. Match of the Year going to Shawn Michaels vs. Ric Flair was done to continue the JBL vs. Michaels storyline

Anyway, I'm not going to share my views, I never liked the slammies and this honestly is probably a good way to use them, if you're going to make those awards look nothing credible go ahead, WWE doesn't win my vote for it.
Back to top Go down
K.Smoke
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
K.Smoke

PostSubject: Re: This is why they won their Slammy awards   This is why they won their Slammy awards Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 9:53 pm

I agree that if they're not going to be credible then use them for a purpose. My point was that I wanted them to be credible. I just don't think everything should be made up. Spilled milk though. Anyway, I still think that Y2J deserved Superstar of the year.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: This is why they won their Slammy awards   This is why they won their Slammy awards Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 9:57 pm

The HOF is credible is nto not, Do what TNA does and have an end of year Awards. The Slammy's should be to build fueds IMO
Back to top Go down
K.Smoke
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
K.Smoke

PostSubject: Re: This is why they won their Slammy awards   This is why they won their Slammy awards Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 10:09 pm

Yes but the HOF is mostly at the end of your career. If you notice in sports there is awards every end season. Movies every year. Music every year. And then these all have a general Hall of Fame. Making the Slammys a joke takes away from fun of argueing who is going to win or who won and did they deserve it. Now it will be predictable as we would just have to watch current fueds and anticipate fueds. So when I say Y2J deserved the award and he gets it, now someone will just say, "Well you know its all just to set something up or to keep something going." It just steals the fun of it for me. I can care less about the Slammys now. Just like I don't care about the draft since it isn't real.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: This is why they won their Slammy awards   This is why they won their Slammy awards Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 10:15 pm

Yeah, Umm hence why i said they should have an End of the year awards like i said.

At the end of the year it should be hosted like the HOF is while the salammies should be to further fueds
Back to top Go down
K.Smoke
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
K.Smoke

PostSubject: Re: This is why they won their Slammy awards   This is why they won their Slammy awards Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 10:48 pm

I miss read.
Back to top Go down
Ashley
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Ashley

Female Number of posts : 2536
Registration date : 2008-11-21

PostSubject: Re: This is why they won their Slammy awards   This is why they won their Slammy awards Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 11:18 pm

Well, most of the awards some people actually deserved.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: This is why they won their Slammy awards   This is why they won their Slammy awards Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 12:38 am

Even if it wasn't meant to be a reward, you're right. Chris Jericho deserved his Superstar of the Year award, just like HBK deserved his match of the year. But in the optic that WWE creative used, I think it did his job. Jericho could not have headed into Armageddon with better momentum than if he hadn't won. Basically, I think that only Edge would've deserved the award legitimately if Jericho didn't win it.

For HBK's angle, I'm really intrigued as how it will play out and for long. I was surprised that given how the promo with JBL ended last week, that he was so upbeat coming into his Slammy acceptance speech (until JBL arrived of course).
Back to top Go down
K.Smoke
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
K.Smoke

PostSubject: Re: This is why they won their Slammy awards   This is why they won their Slammy awards Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 1:04 am

The only thing that keeps me from agreeing with you about edge is my practice of disqualifying participants that come back so close to the award ceremony but Edge did have a great year. And I can't for the life of me tie it in.
Back to top Go down
money
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
money

Male Number of posts : 1057
Registration date : 2008-07-10

PostSubject: Re: This is why they won their Slammy awards   This is why they won their Slammy awards Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 5:48 am

Tya Kannelis wrote:
Well, most of the awards some people actually deserved.

Yeah I agree. Michaels did deserve his award for Match of the year with Ric Flair.
Back to top Go down
K.Smoke
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
K.Smoke

PostSubject: Re: This is why they won their Slammy awards   This is why they won their Slammy awards Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 8:53 am

See now that's my point some one can argue with u and say no Undertaker's match with Big Show at SS deserved it and can even say because Flair couldn't wrestle anymore. Now I agree with you that the Flair HBK match deserved it but if we say he won a slammy for it. Someone can say that so those aren't real. You know we should do our own Slammys with polls lasting about a week using who they use.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is why they won their Slammy awards   This is why they won their Slammy awards Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This is why they won their Slammy awards
Page 1 of 1