chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ovechkin and Crosby rivalry heats up

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TheRealFan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
TheRealFan

Female Number of posts : 3217
Location : With Corey Taylor in his closet... And not wanting to come out. <3
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Ovechkin and Crosby rivalry heats up Empty
PostSubject: Ovechkin and Crosby rivalry heats up   Ovechkin and Crosby rivalry heats up Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 2:24 pm

From nhl.com

Ovechkin, Crosby exchange words
A few thoughts while we wonder why the cast of "The Sopranos" skipped Sunday night's ceremony:

Stars collide -- After the Washington Capitals' 5-2 win Sunday afternoon against the Pittsburgh Penguins at the Verizon Center, Alex Ovechkin shared his feelings about Sidney Crosby.

''What I can say about him?'' Ovechkin said. ''He is a good player, but he talks too much.''

After a little push-and-shove late in the second period, Crosby was seen yelling at Ovechkin, even as his helmet came off and a linesman tried to push him back toward the bench. The Caps' star responded with a dismissive, ''bye-bye'' wave of the left hand, practically taunting the Penguins' captain.

Crosby didn't appreciate the gesture.

''Like it or lump it, that's what he does,'' Crosby said. ''Some people like it, some people don't. Personally, I don't like it.''

With the Caps up by three goals, Ovechkin gave Crosby a nudge with the shoulder, and Crosby retaliated by pushing Ovechkin's upper body over the boards at the Capitals' bench. Ovechkin then took his arm and gave Crosby a squeeze around the neck, and Crosby lost his helmet as linesman Greg Devorski stepped in.

Crosby, clearly agitated, was restrained by Devorski, and Ovechkin responded with his little wave as he hopped the boards onto the bench.

''I was just skating to the bench and he pushed me from behind,'' Crosby said. ''So I just gave him a shot back. That's hockey, and he likes to run around these days, so that was it.''

Ovechkin had a message for Crosby: If you don't like it, try and do something about it. The teams will meet one more time this season on March 8 at Washington.

''I play hard. If he wants to do something like hit me again, try to hit me again -- and I'll talk to you guys (about) who plays dirty,'' Ovechkin said. ''That's my game. It's not cheap shots, it's a game moment. But he doesn't like it, it's his problem.''

Washington coach Bruce Boudreau simply hopes that Ovechkin will use the energy and feelings to his advantage on the ice. The Capitals host the Philadelphia Flyers in an Eastern Conference showdown Tuesday night.

''I think he got frustrated because he wasn't getting the freedom he's had in this building before,'' Boudreau said of Crosby's fracas with Ovechkin. ''It adds spice. It's entertainment. It gets your blood boiling a bit. And every time Alex gets a little more excitable, it can be good for us.''
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

Ovechkin and Crosby rivalry heats up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ovechkin and Crosby rivalry heats up   Ovechkin and Crosby rivalry heats up Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 7:21 pm

What can I say, Crosby is a whiny bitch with talent that relies on the refs to go his way. Ovechkin FTW!
Back to top Go down

Ovechkin and Crosby rivalry heats up
Page 1 of 1