chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gimmicks that died before they ever got started

Go down 
+2
Slegna
Concrete Jesus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Gimmicks that died before they ever got started Empty
PostSubject: Gimmicks that died before they ever got started   Gimmicks that died before they ever got started Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 11:21 am

Kizarny was released yesterday, after weeks of dumbass vignettes and just a couple of SD matches. I will not miss Kizarny, but that made me think about all of the failed gimmicks we are forced to see hyped. Help me compile a list of gimmicks that died before they got started.
Kizarny
Mordeci
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Dark Match Wrestler
Dark Match Wrestler
Slegna

Male Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Gimmicks that died before they ever got started   Gimmicks that died before they ever got started Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 5:59 pm

Hade Vansen

There's so many more that I can't think of right now...
Back to top Go down
Ashley
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Ashley

Female Number of posts : 2536
Registration date : 2008-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Gimmicks that died before they ever got started   Gimmicks that died before they ever got started Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 7:00 pm

Kizarny and Scotty Goldman BOTH released? Wow, I thought Kizarny would actually go somewhere tbh.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Gimmicks that died before they ever got started   Gimmicks that died before they ever got started Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 9:58 pm

You would because being a close friend to Edge, maybe he would've had the chance to go far. But with Vince being in a shitty mood recently and a lot less tolerant with wrestlers having bad matches, it's not that surprising.

I've read that Eric Escobar had some troubles during his first house show stints but he apparently pulled very solid efforts recently so perhaps he'll have the chance to ply his trade with Smackdown.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Gimmicks that died before they ever got started   Gimmicks that died before they ever got started Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 10:12 am

EdgeHead wrote:
You would because being a close friend to Edge, maybe he would've had the chance to go far. But with Vince being in a shitty mood recently and a lot less tolerant with wrestlers having bad matches, it's not that surprising.

I don't think the problem with Kizarny is that Vince is in a bad mood, the problem is that the gimmick is retarded as hell. It is even more retarded then Eugne Dinsmore's retarded gimmick.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Gimmicks that died before they ever got started   Gimmicks that died before they ever got started Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 3:39 pm

Concrete Jesus wrote:
EdgeHead wrote:

I don't think the problem with Kizarny is that Vince is in a bad mood, the problem is that the gimmick is retarded as hell. It is even more retarded then Eugne Dinsmore's retarded gimmick.

Not to mention, from what I read, Vince and creative wasn't pleased with Kizarny's debut or in ring work in general.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Gimmicks that died before they ever got started   Gimmicks that died before they ever got started Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 10:22 am

I think that he was way over hyped with those stupid vignettes and he couldn't deliver. I was not impressed at all with the one SD TV match I saw and when the company is cutting long proven talent, what the hell were they thinking with this guy?
Back to top Go down
TheWittyTwit
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion

Male Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2007-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Gimmicks that died before they ever got started   Gimmicks that died before they ever got started Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 3:32 pm

A couple people still with WWE come to mind for me.

Paul Burchill's pirate gimmick. The crowd was waaaay behind it. Vince wasn't. THE END.

Vladimir Kozlov. Anybody remember his appearances on practically every show in the crowd, saying he could beat everybody in broken up English, followed by "I love double-double-e"? Would have been golden, in my opinion.

I guess Kozlov got there in the end anyway, but I think he'd be doing much better with his original gimmick.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gimmicks that died before they ever got started   Gimmicks that died before they ever got started Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gimmicks that died before they ever got started
Page 1 of 1