chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Breaking News: Umaga Released By WWE

Go down 
+3
ladymahogany
TheWittyTwit
Y2J X
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

Breaking News: Umaga Released By WWE Empty
PostSubject: Breaking News: Umaga Released By WWE   Breaking News: Umaga Released By WWE Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 5:42 pm

Quote :
WWE just announced the following on their official website:

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of SmackDown Superstar Umaga as of today, June 8, 2009. WWE wishes Umaga the best in all future endeavors.

Umaga (real name Edward Fatu) had been with WWE since 2006 and is a two-time Intercontinental champion.

Here's the link...

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/10461872

I didn't see this coming and I'm not happy about it, I've always been a fan of Umaga and I thought he was doing good on Smackdown. For me (might change when I hear the reason), this is just another mistake by WWE...
Back to top Go down
TheWittyTwit
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion

Male Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2007-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Umaga Released By WWE   Breaking News: Umaga Released By WWE Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 7:15 pm

There HAS to be more than meets the eye to this one. I saw absolutely nothing wrong with Umaga, unless...

Could this have something to do with his weight? I noticed him looking even chunkier than normal in recent weeks.
Back to top Go down
ladymahogany
The Legend
The Legend
ladymahogany

Female Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Umaga Released By WWE   Breaking News: Umaga Released By WWE Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 8:35 pm

I am completely surprised by this news. I haven't seen any weight problems since I haven't seen any WWE programming in ages, but I thought he was a pretty solid star on the program. I would really need to know more about the reason he was released before commenting further.
Back to top Go down
Tiff
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
Tiff

Female Number of posts : 1929
Registration date : 2007-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Umaga Released By WWE   Breaking News: Umaga Released By WWE Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 8:45 am

I wasn't a big fan of Umaga's, but from what I saw, there was no need for him to be released. I've never really heard of him getting into trouble backstage, though..

Anyway, I wish him all the best for whatever he decides to do in the future.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwe.com
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

Male Number of posts : 4927
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Umaga Released By WWE   Breaking News: Umaga Released By WWE Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 8:53 am

Umaga was never someone I especially enjoyed watching on TV, but he had talent. Not many 300+ wrestlers can move around with his agility, and I liked the way he utilized his strength in the ring too. He was a good mid-card heel and added some variety to the Smackdown roster. I see no reason for his release but I'm not too bothered about it either.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Umaga Released By WWE   Breaking News: Umaga Released By WWE Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 6:22 pm

A little update on this...

source: www.f4wonline.com

-- Regarding Umaga's release from World Wrestling Entertainment yesterday, he has been telling family and friends he quit the company. However, that doesn't necessarily mean it's true as there's said to be a lot more to the story. Stay tuned.
Back to top Go down
TheRealFan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
TheRealFan

Female Number of posts : 3217
Location : With Corey Taylor in his closet... And not wanting to come out. <3
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Umaga Released By WWE   Breaking News: Umaga Released By WWE Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 6:48 pm

I'm surprised by this. I never really liked Umaga but I thought he was doing good. His matches were entertaining and he was different.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Umaga Released By WWE   Breaking News: Umaga Released By WWE Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 8:19 pm

Umaga was awesome for a big man. If the WWE ever wanted to build a monster, Umaga was the perfect candidate for it. I would hope weight wasn't an issue because he was never that buff to begin with and as long as he was performing in the ring, I don't think the WWE should care.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Umaga Released By WWE   Breaking News: Umaga Released By WWE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Breaking News: Umaga Released By WWE
Page 1 of 1