chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Edge Suffers Serious Injury At House Show Friday Night

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tiff
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
Tiff

Female Number of posts : 1929
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Edge Suffers Serious Injury At House Show Friday Night Empty
PostSubject: Edge Suffers Serious Injury At House Show Friday Night   Edge Suffers Serious Injury At House Show Friday Night Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 1:53 pm

Edge suffered what is believed to be a torn Achilles tendon during his match with Jeff Hardy at last night's SmackDown/ECW live event in San Diego. The injury occurred five minutes into the match and had to be stopped. Edge apologized to the fans by saying "sorry" on the mic before being taken out.

The match started with much posturing as Edge was going around the ring taunting fans so they were only a minute into the actual action when the injury took place. It appeared he planted his foot wrong and went down with his leg at a bad angle when he attempted to leapfrog Hardy's charge. The match was immediately called off and EMTs came assist him before he was taken from the ring.

This is a very serious injury that would likely require surgery and a long period of down time, perhaps up to a year.

The rest of the SmackDown/ECW crew left this morning for a flight to Honolulu, Hawaii.

- - - - - - -

You know, every damn time I go to a show one of my favourites gets injured. I thought I was doing pretty well so far.. but here we go again.

Anyway, SD has just lost it's biggest star IMO. If he is going to be out for an entire year, well, I think they're gonna be in serious trouble.

Last edited by Tiff on Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwe.com
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Edge Suffers Serious Injury At House Show Friday Night   Edge Suffers Serious Injury At House Show Friday Night Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 2:15 pm

This sucks! I was becoming a big Edge fan again too (hard to stay a fan since he has been win/losing the belt every month, exculding one which lasted two months). I was really looking forward to the Jericho and Edge team. Hopefully for Smackdown's sake, Taker will be back soon because Edge getting injured is big (although I wouldn't call him SD's biggest). So right now, Smackdown has about three main eventers, Punk, Hardy, and Jericho. Maybe Rey and Kane everyone in awhile. On the positive side, this leaves a perfect spot for Matt to move up to the top.
Back to top Go down
ladymahogany
The Legend
The Legend
ladymahogany

Female Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Edge Suffers Serious Injury At House Show Friday Night   Edge Suffers Serious Injury At House Show Friday Night Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 2:59 pm

This is a shame as Edge is clearly one of WWE's top stars and a fan favorite for many. I hope that the injury is not as serious as they think. I think that Smackdown will be fine regardless though. They have other top level stars and will be able to make it work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Edge Suffers Serious Injury At House Show Friday Night   Edge Suffers Serious Injury At House Show Friday Night Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Edge Suffers Serious Injury At House Show Friday Night
Page 1 of 1