chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Raven/TNA Part Ways, Backstage TNA News, Contracts

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2467
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Raven/TNA Part Ways, Backstage TNA News, Contracts Empty
PostSubject: Raven/TNA Part Ways, Backstage TNA News, Contracts   Raven/TNA Part Ways, Backstage TNA News, Contracts Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 11:18 pm

» Interesting note regarding the TNA Slammiversary PPV in Detroit, MI. The company flew in Jeff Jarrett's doctor for the event who is a kinesiologist that does non-traditional therapy. The doctor reportedly fixed everyone up and Kurt Angle was overheard saying that he never felt better getting out of bed Monday morning.

» As reported on last weekend, it has been confirmed that Sheik Abdul Bashir (Shawn Daivari) has signed a new three-year contract with TNA Wrestling.

» Raven was not used at the iMPACT! TV tapings two weeks ago following TNA's Slammiversary PPV and it doesn't appear the company has any interest in using him from this point on. His name was pulled from the "TNA Roster" page over on TNAwrestling.com this week along with others such as Shane Douglas, No Limit and Jacqueline. As noted back in June, Raven and Douglas were only scheduled in the month leading into the Slammiversary PPV with the theme being stars of the past taking on stars of the present.

credit: wrestlingattitude.com
Back to top Go down
Affliction
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Affliction

Male Number of posts : 3093
Registration date : 2007-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Raven/TNA Part Ways, Backstage TNA News, Contracts   Raven/TNA Part Ways, Backstage TNA News, Contracts Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 4:08 pm

That was quick. I was actually enjoying his run in TNA.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Raven/TNA Part Ways, Backstage TNA News, Contracts   Raven/TNA Part Ways, Backstage TNA News, Contracts Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 11:35 pm

I bet that Vince McMahon would love to have Jeff Jarrett's doctor on his staff right now! :p
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

Male Number of posts : 4927
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Raven/TNA Part Ways, Backstage TNA News, Contracts   Raven/TNA Part Ways, Backstage TNA News, Contracts Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 5:39 am

While I think Shane Douglas is washed-up and unnessecary in TNA 09, Raven should have stayed employed in my opinion. Sure, he's far past his prime these days but he can still cut an awesome promo and could be a good manager (and occasional wrestler).

Sheik Abdul Bashir has never really impressed me. He does okay, and can be vaguely entertaining, but I've never been a fan. I guess resigning him as a mid-card filler guy is fine, but he's not got the ability for more than that at this time.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Raven/TNA Part Ways, Backstage TNA News, Contracts   Raven/TNA Part Ways, Backstage TNA News, Contracts Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 11:38 pm

I agree with your point of view about Raven but I can understand why from a creative standpoint, they decided not to keep him on their roster. The fact being that Dr. Stevie is the main heel in the feud with Abyss, keeping Raven with him in angles would've ultimately caused the fans to keep thinking of Stevie as Raven's lackey back in the ECW days, which TNA isn't intending to do. So, instead of risking the feud with Abyss to sidetrack, they just brought Raven for a short-term angle, making sure that everyone is portrayed on-screen as they should be.

I don't compliment TNA creative a whole lot as of late but I can't go against their reasoning for this angle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raven/TNA Part Ways, Backstage TNA News, Contracts   Raven/TNA Part Ways, Backstage TNA News, Contracts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raven/TNA Part Ways, Backstage TNA News, Contracts
Page 1 of 1