chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hogan Determined to Wrestle Again After Last Attempt Surgery to Save Career

Go down 
+4
Y2J X
TheRealFan
babaganoosh
Concrete Jesus
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Hogan Determined to Wrestle Again After Last Attempt Surgery to Save Career Empty
PostSubject: Hogan Determined to Wrestle Again After Last Attempt Surgery to Save Career   Hogan Determined to Wrestle Again After Last Attempt Surgery to Save Career Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 12:29 pm

Quote :
Posted by: Wrestling-Radio.com

WWE Hall of Famer Hulk Hogan is determined to wrestle again. After collapsing and being rushed to the hospital a few months ago, the Hulkster underwent laser surgery on his spine to relieve "constant" and "crushing" back pain. He had also experienced numbness in his legs and was unable to stand for more than a few minutes at a time. Hogan said he opted for laser surgery because a more invasive back surgery involving metal rods in his back would have likely killed his chances for a comeback. The whole procedure was filmed for his daughter's reality show, Brooke Knows Best, and aired last night on VH1. Hogan said he was feeling better almost immediately after the surgery.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

Hogan Determined to Wrestle Again After Last Attempt Surgery to Save Career Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hogan Determined to Wrestle Again After Last Attempt Surgery to Save Career   Hogan Determined to Wrestle Again After Last Attempt Surgery to Save Career Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 2:15 pm

What better way to celebrate him relieving constant and crushing back pain than to start wrestling again.
Back to top Go down
TheRealFan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
TheRealFan

Female Number of posts : 3217
Location : With Corey Taylor in his closet... And not wanting to come out. <3
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Hogan Determined to Wrestle Again After Last Attempt Surgery to Save Career   Hogan Determined to Wrestle Again After Last Attempt Surgery to Save Career Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 2:35 pm

Please, tell me he's not coming back. How many more "lmas match" is he planning to do? I respect what he's done for wrestling in the past, but still, enough is enough. We need new stars to be made, not old stars making comeback after comeback and hogging the spotlight.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Hogan Determined to Wrestle Again After Last Attempt Surgery to Save Career   Hogan Determined to Wrestle Again After Last Attempt Surgery to Save Career Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 7:46 pm

TheRealFan wrote:
Please, tell me he's not coming back. How many more "lmas match" is he planning to do? I respect what he's done for wrestling in the past, but still, enough is enough. We need new stars to be made, not old stars making comeback after comeback and hogging the spotlight.

Maybe he wants to come back and put somone new over, like Ted Dibiase Jr.? Of course, it being Hogan I doubt it but, I won't oppose him coming back if that was what he planned to do. I also wouldn't mind if he came back to have a Match at Mania against King, but thats just because King never wrestled at Wrestlemania.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Hogan Determined to Wrestle Again After Last Attempt Surgery to Save Career   Hogan Determined to Wrestle Again After Last Attempt Surgery to Save Career Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 8:00 pm

Hogan has had many "last matches" and unlike Flair, he can't physically perform any more. The only match I really want to see from Hogan is Austin vs. Hogan and that is not going to happen
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Hogan Determined to Wrestle Again After Last Attempt Surgery to Save Career   Hogan Determined to Wrestle Again After Last Attempt Surgery to Save Career Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 8:58 pm

Hogan Vs HBK or as CJ mentioned Austin Vs Hogan are the only two matches I want to see.

Hogan puts on good entertainment, But his wrestling is nothing special. SS 06 with HBK was a good match and I would pay to see that again but that and Austin is about it.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Hogan Determined to Wrestle Again After Last Attempt Surgery to Save Career   Hogan Determined to Wrestle Again After Last Attempt Surgery to Save Career Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 9:16 pm

Sykesy wrote:
Hogan Vs HBK or as CJ mentioned Austin Vs Hogan are the only two matches I want to see.

Hogan puts on good entertainment, But his wrestling is nothing special. SS 06 with HBK was a good match and I would pay to see that again but that and Austin is about it.

HBk vs. Hogan was SS 05...I am just sayin. Hell, Hogan was never a great wrestler in his physical prime
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Hogan Determined to Wrestle Again After Last Attempt Surgery to Save Career   Hogan Determined to Wrestle Again After Last Attempt Surgery to Save Career Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 9:19 pm

Sykesy wrote:

Was that the Hogan/HBK match with HBK's epic selling fail?

*EDIT* Same question, but as pointed out, SS 05.

Last edited by babaganoosh on Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Hogan Determined to Wrestle Again After Last Attempt Surgery to Save Career   Hogan Determined to Wrestle Again After Last Attempt Surgery to Save Career Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 9:20 pm

Yeah, Still a good match though Lulz
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Hogan Determined to Wrestle Again After Last Attempt Surgery to Save Career   Hogan Determined to Wrestle Again After Last Attempt Surgery to Save Career Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 9:27 pm

What I like the most about that match was the build up. I liked it when HBK did his impression on Hogan, brother.
It is hard for me to say this because I loved Hogan when I was a kid. I remember watching Hogan wrestle Slaughter at WM, but there comes a time when the body just can't go anymore and athletes have to let go. It is clear that time for Hogan was about 10 years ago. I would not object if it were a retirement match and it would infact be his last match.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Hogan Determined to Wrestle Again After Last Attempt Surgery to Save Career   Hogan Determined to Wrestle Again After Last Attempt Surgery to Save Career Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 12:21 am

Y2J X wrote:
TheRealFan wrote:

Maybe he wants to come back and put somone new over, like Ted Dibiase Jr.? Of course, it being Hogan I doubt it but, I won't oppose him coming back if that was what he planned to do. I also wouldn't mind if he came back to have a Match at Mania against King, but thats just because King never wrestled at Wrestlemania.

Putting over Ted Dibiase Jr.? He barely put his father over 20 years ago! And he didn't even wanna put Shawn Michaels over. So nothing makes me believe that he would put over a young worker, unless he's related to one of his old buddies

As for a return, for the nostalgic factor, I don't mind seeing him once in a while but I'm sick of the backstage politics he spent his career doing. I just hope that he wants to leave on a good note.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Hogan Determined to Wrestle Again After Last Attempt Surgery to Save Career   Hogan Determined to Wrestle Again After Last Attempt Surgery to Save Career Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 12:25 am

I read an interview were Hogan said that he would put anyone over for a million bucks, but Vince isn't going to pay him a million to do anything for anyone.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Hogan Determined to Wrestle Again After Last Attempt Surgery to Save Career   Hogan Determined to Wrestle Again After Last Attempt Surgery to Save Career Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 12:30 am

Yeah right....The last young guy I recall Hogan put over was Brock Lesnar. And I'm even shocked that he accepted to put him over.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Hogan Determined to Wrestle Again After Last Attempt Surgery to Save Career   Hogan Determined to Wrestle Again After Last Attempt Surgery to Save Career Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 12:32 am

EdgeHead wrote:
Yeah right....The last young guy I recall Hogan put over was Brock Lesnar. And I'm even shocked that he accepted to put him over.

He went away for like 8 months afterward, so that is probably why he did it. Just a good way to write him off of TV.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Hogan Determined to Wrestle Again After Last Attempt Surgery to Save Career   Hogan Determined to Wrestle Again After Last Attempt Surgery to Save Career Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 12:38 am

Yeah, but I remember him complaining about how he didn't like the way he was treated during that last run, especially after losing the Undisputed Championship to The Undertaker at Judgment Day 2002. So, if he wants a full comeback, unless he's being put in the spotlight as a main event, I don't see he could end up being happy unless he gets the Shawn Michaels or Undertaker light schedule treatment.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Hogan Determined to Wrestle Again After Last Attempt Surgery to Save Career   Hogan Determined to Wrestle Again After Last Attempt Surgery to Save Career Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 12:45 am

EdgeHead wrote:
Yeah, but I remember him complaining about how he didn't like the way he was treated during that last run, especially after losing the Undisputed Championship to The Undertaker at Judgment Day 2002. So, if he wants a full comeback, unless he's being put in the spotlight as a main event, I don't see he could end up being happy unless he gets the Shawn Michaels or Undertaker light schedule treatment.

Flair is in much better condition and he could wrestle full time, but the WWE doesn't want him back for that, so, there is no way that they would give that to Hogan.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Hogan Determined to Wrestle Again After Last Attempt Surgery to Save Career   Hogan Determined to Wrestle Again After Last Attempt Surgery to Save Career Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 3:24 am

EdgeHead wrote:
Y2J X wrote:
TheRealFan wrote:

Putting over Ted Dibiase Jr.? He barely put his father over 20 years ago! And he didn't even wanna put Shawn Michaels over. So nothing makes me believe that he would put over a young worker, unless he's related to one of his old buddies.

For the record, in fact I've stated it in that post, I doubt it. Which for me, typically means it won't happen...period.

Concrete Jesus wrote:
EdgeHead wrote:

Flair is in much better condition and he could wrestle full time, but the WWE doesn't want him back for that, so, there is no way that they would give that to Hogan.

I don't want Flair back either... Flair honestly needs to move on with his life (assuming he is still do wrestling stuff) in my opinion, going back to wrestling (unless in a temp GM role; even though, I still wouldn't feel right about that) because theirs no point in ruining his send off.
Back to top Go down
Tiff
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
Tiff

Female Number of posts : 1929
Registration date : 2007-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Hogan Determined to Wrestle Again After Last Attempt Surgery to Save Career   Hogan Determined to Wrestle Again After Last Attempt Surgery to Save Career Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 7:17 am

Seriously, why doesn't the guy just give it up already? I know it must be hard when you love something so much.. but after all this surgery, especially on something as serious as his spine, he'd be jeopardizing his life if he wrestled again.

Besides, it isn't like he'd be able to do much. Wouldn't he rather stick with the accomplishments that he's already made, rather than coming back and embarassing himself and everything he'd ever done?
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwe.com
Master Of Destruction
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Master Of Destruction

Male Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Hogan Determined to Wrestle Again After Last Attempt Surgery to Save Career   Hogan Determined to Wrestle Again After Last Attempt Surgery to Save Career Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 8:35 am

I agree, if Hogan were to comeback it wouldn't be very good. or for very long. I mean, it's like Sting, I mean i respect what Sting did for WWE, WCW and TNA but he overstayed his welcome and unless Hogan is gong to have one last match like Flair did at WM XXIV, then there is no point to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hogan Determined to Wrestle Again After Last Attempt Surgery to Save Career   Hogan Determined to Wrestle Again After Last Attempt Surgery to Save Career Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1