chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who is your favorite WCW wrestler?

Go down 
+5
minasauce
stl311
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Y2J X
Concrete Jesus
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Who is your favorite WCW wrestler? Empty
PostSubject: Who is your favorite WCW wrestler?   Who is your favorite WCW wrestler? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 1:59 pm

I just finished watching The Rise and Fall of WCW and that got me to wondering, who is your favorite WCW wrestler? When answering this you should only think about their WCw career. Most every huge WCW star spent time in the WWE, so try and leave the WWE out of it.

I am going to go with Goldberg. I know that he is was not a great wrestler, but either was Nash. Goldberg brought some of the most impressive power moves ever.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite WCW wrestler?   Who is your favorite WCW wrestler? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 8:52 pm

Tough considering that a lot of my favorites have worked for WCW. Ignoring those people whose biggest success came from WWE, I'll go with Sting. Flair and Goldberg are honorable mentions. Goldberg is much like Batista for me, sometimes I like him and sometimes I hate him. Depends on how their being used really.
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

Male Number of posts : 4927
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite WCW wrestler?   Who is your favorite WCW wrestler? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 9:23 pm

I always liked Scott Hall a lot. He oozed charisma and for his size was a real mobile guy. I think if his attitude was better and he had more self-control, he could have won numerous World Titles. He had everything needed to succeed, the full package for back then. I found him hugely entertaining.

Chris Jericho is a personal favourite of mine, had some hilarious moments in WCW and some great matches too but he only really started excelling once he'd made the move to WWE. So including him seems a little off. Shouts out to Kevin Nash, Raven and Sting though.
Back to top Go down
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

Male Number of posts : 3627
Registration date : 2007-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite WCW wrestler?   Who is your favorite WCW wrestler? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:13 pm

Ultimo Dragon. He was called Ultimate Dragon in WCW. He was really one of the first men to crossbreed Lucha Libre and Strong Style. It was at his disadvantage as he was putting a lot of guys over but he really was a great Cruiserweight Champion. I'd take him over a lot of guys just because of his ability in the ring and how he as well as a few others (Malenko, Jericho, Mysterio) formed the WCW Cruiserweight Division into an image the WWE could not form it into.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ecw.com
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite WCW wrestler?   Who is your favorite WCW wrestler? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:26 pm

Y2J X wrote:
Tough considering that a lot of my favorites have worked for WCW. Ignoring those people whose biggest success came from WWE, I'll go with Sting. Flair and Goldberg are honorable mentions. Goldberg is much like Batista for me, sometimes I like him and sometimes I hate him. Depends on how their being used really.

I also have a love/hate thing for Goldberg because most of his matches were the same, especially in the WWE. For me the good out weighs the bad. I marked out like crazy when he hit the Jackhammer on The Giant.

Sting is probably the better choice because his career has stood the test of time and is a great wrestler.
Back to top Go down
minasauce
Heat Wrestler
Heat Wrestler
minasauce

Female Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2009-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite WCW wrestler?   Who is your favorite WCW wrestler? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:45 pm

I loved Crow-Sting.
Back to top Go down
Bastard
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Bastard

Male Number of posts : 1194
Registration date : 2009-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite WCW wrestler?   Who is your favorite WCW wrestler? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 10:09 am

Phantismo or something like that, he only ever had one match, and because of that I never got pissed off at him =P
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite WCW wrestler?   Who is your favorite WCW wrestler? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 11:24 pm

He was in WWE, not in WCW.
Back to top Go down
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2467
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite WCW wrestler?   Who is your favorite WCW wrestler? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 11:31 pm

Well here's my list:

STING
Goldberg
Lex Luger-His Battles with the nWo were AWESOME
The Steiner Brothers
Booker T.
Vader
Ron Simmons
The Giant-Before he was the Big Show in the WWE
Arn Anderson
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite WCW wrestler?   Who is your favorite WCW wrestler? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 8:44 pm

My favourite was probably Goldberg as well. His character just really got me into him when I was a kid and the way they built him up as a monster helped too.

A close second would be Sting.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite WCW wrestler?   Who is your favorite WCW wrestler? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:41 pm

babaganoosh wrote:
My favourite was probably Goldberg as well. His character just really got me into him when I was a kid and the way they built him up as a monster helped too.

A close second would be Sting.

He was not the best wrestler, but the presentation of Goldberg was great and he brought some of the sickest power offense ever. A move that he used that impressed me every time is the Gorrila Press into the Power Slam. Mark Henry should "borrow" some Goldberg offense because his is just blah.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite WCW wrestler?   Who is your favorite WCW wrestler? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who is your favorite WCW wrestler?
Page 1 of 1