chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

UFC 104: Machida vs Shogun

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

UFC 104: Machida vs Shogun Empty
PostSubject: UFC 104: Machida vs Shogun   UFC 104: Machida vs Shogun Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 6:06 pm

Main card
Light Heavyweight Championship bout: Lyoto Machida (c) vs. Mauricio Rua
Heavyweight bout: Cain Velasquez vs. Ben Rothwell
Lightweight bout: Gleison Tibau vs. Josh Neer
Lightweight bout: Joe Stevenson vs. Spencer Fisher
Welterweight bout: Anthony Johnson vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida

Preliminary card
Heavyweight bout: Antoni Hardonk vs. Patrick Barry
Middleweight bout: Yushin Okami vs. Chael Sonnen
Middleweight bout: Jorge Rivera vs. Rob Kimmons
Light Heavyweight bout: Ryan Bader vs. Eric Schafer
Light Heavyweight bout: Kyle Kingsbury vs. Razak Al-Hassan
Heavyweight bout: Stefan Struve vs. Chase Gormley

Thoughts? Does anybody out there not named CJ care? Razz Get back soon CJ!
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: UFC 104: Machida vs Shogun   UFC 104: Machida vs Shogun Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 9:47 am

I don't think that they do baba so I will have to take up the slack. Joe Stevenson should win his fight. Cain has great wrestling, but his punches don't have much power. I watched his fight at UFC 99 just the other day, so I could have some thing to go on with him. I don't know much about Rothwell though.

Machida wins his fight in highlight reel fashion, I think
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: UFC 104: Machida vs Shogun   UFC 104: Machida vs Shogun Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 4:07 pm

I'm always rooting for Joe Daddy purely because of his nickname. Who's your daddy!

In terms of Velasquez and Rothwell, I think Velasquez is strong than some people may give him credit for. I haven't really looked closely at his punching power, but watching him drag around Kongo on the ground like he was nothing was pretty awesome.

In terms of Machida's fight, I would love to see him lose. Do I think it'll happen against Shogun? Nah...he hasn't been all that impressive since his return and if it wasn't for his name, he probably wouldn't even have the title shot in the first place. I'll probably still root for Shogun though. BTW, Machida drinks his own urine because he claims it clenses his body or some shit like that...nothing to do with anything...just find him odd.

From the prelim card, I can't believe Okami/Sonnen is down there. Definitely a main card match IMO.

And last note, stoked to see Darth Bader coming back. Hope he knocks Schafer the fuck out.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: UFC 104: Machida vs Shogun   UFC 104: Machida vs Shogun Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 9:28 pm

That dude that lost to Mayweather did the same thing I think. Maybe piss drinkers will have a run of bad luck.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: UFC 104: Machida vs Shogun   UFC 104: Machida vs Shogun Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 6:17 pm

Random notes:

Anthony Johnson's knockout...wow.

Remember the strength of Cain Velasquez that I talked about earlier, it happened again. He just absolutely powered through Rothwell just lifting his lower body up at will and getting the takedown. Keep in mind Rothwell is a big dude, like 30 pounds heavier than Cain and he just pulled his legs from under him. Obviously Lesnar is bigger, but his mass is really around his back and shoulders, so Cain could still get Lesnar on his back the same way.

Oh and SHOGUN GOT ROBBED!!! No fuckin way Machida should've won that. I had Shogun at either 49-46 or 48-47 at worst with the second and possibly 4th round going to Machida. Shogun returned to form last night and I was very impressed with his stamina and how he stuck to his game plan. Shogun is back and I shall continue to fanboy for him. SHOGUN FOR NEXT LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!!!
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: UFC 104: Machida vs Shogun   UFC 104: Machida vs Shogun Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 7:26 pm

Cain is a great wrestler, but he has never been met with those lunch box fist of Lesnar's and I think that Brock is just as good a wrestler. There is still no reason I would pick Cain over Brock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC 104: Machida vs Shogun   UFC 104: Machida vs Shogun Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UFC 104: Machida vs Shogun
Page 1 of 1