chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

UFC 113: Machida vs. Shogun 2

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

UFC 113: Machida vs. Shogun 2 Empty
PostSubject: UFC 113: Machida vs. Shogun 2   UFC 113: Machida vs. Shogun 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 5:14 pm

Main Card
Light Heavyweight Championship bout: Lyoto Machida (c) vs. Mauricio Rua
Welterweight bout: Josh Koscheck vs. Paul Daley
Lightweight bout: Sam Stout vs. Jeremy Stephens
Heavyweight bout: Kimbo Slice vs. Matt Mitrione
Middleweight bout: Patrick Côté vs. Alan Belcher

Preliminary Card
Middleweight bout: Joe Doerksen vs. Tom Lawlor
Welterweight bout: Marcus Davis vs. Jonathan Goulet
Welterweight bout: TJ Grant vs. Johny Hendricks
Heavyweight bout: Tim Hague vs. Joey Beltran
Welterweight bout: Yoshiyuki Yoshida vs. Mike Guymon
Middleweight bout: Jason MacDonald vs. John Salter

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: UFC 113: Machida vs. Shogun 2   UFC 113: Machida vs. Shogun 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 6:07 pm

Josh Koscheck and Paul Daley talked a lot of shit in the UFC 113 Preview show. I think they really do not like each other and that will make for a good fight.

How will Machida get past Rua's sic leg kicks this time? Rua's strategy might be full proof.

There was bad blood with Mitrione and Kimbo on TUF, so that should make for go theater, if not a good fight.
Back to top Go down
Straight-Edge Zach
The Enforcer
The Enforcer
Straight-Edge Zach

Other / Decline to state Number of posts : 3563
Registration date : 2007-12-02

PostSubject: Re: UFC 113: Machida vs. Shogun 2   UFC 113: Machida vs. Shogun 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 1:31 am

I hope Kimbo dies.

Shogun should definatly take the title this time around. Machida cannot beat him. I tells ya.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: UFC 113: Machida vs. Shogun 2   UFC 113: Machida vs. Shogun 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 4:45 pm

Koscheck is the shit. Cannot wait for that bout.

But I also see Shogun walking over Machida. Looks like a great card
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: UFC 113: Machida vs. Shogun 2   UFC 113: Machida vs. Shogun 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 7:04 pm

This is one of the few cards where I actually have an interest in every single fight on the main card. Tack on a couple on the undercard that I'm hoping they'll show, and this is a pretty stacked event for me at least.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: UFC 113: Machida vs. Shogun 2   UFC 113: Machida vs. Shogun 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 11:51 am

Some of this may seem stupid after I post another topic, but I wrote this up last night before the article I'm about to post was written.

Cote/Belcher
Cote looked pretty good considering that he was fighting for the first time in like 20 months. Belcher was definitely a tough fight for him to return to, but I felt like he held his own. The biggest surprise for me I guess would be his cardio which is really hard to regain when you're only training and not actually fighting. It was only 1 and a half rounds, but he looked good and active the whole way. Obviously it was that huge slam by Belcher that pretty much finished off Cote, but I'm sure Cote will be back and even better next time. Meanwhile, Belcher continues to call out Anderson Silva, but I'll continue to doubt his chances against Silva especially since he wasn't really able to even control Cote who has been out of action for so long.

Kimbo/Mitrione
Wow...Mitrione's leg kicks were impressive. Or maybe Kimbo's inability to check them was just that bad. I don't think it's any surprise that kicks to Kimbo's legs are one of the ways to beat him (i.e. Houston Alexander), but Mitrone didn't strike me as a guy that would go out there and chop him down with kicks. I really thought he was more of a boxer type striker (well...boxer without the fancy footwork). It was a great start to the fight with those huge slams by Kimbo, but it quickly got sloppy on the ground. Mitrione wasn't able to really put on any tight submission attempts and Kimbo just tried to power out of them instead of defending himself intelligently. There's still a lot of work to be done by both fighters, but at this point in time, it looks like Mitrione has surpassed Kimbo in terms of skill.

Stout/Stephens
I really enjoy watching Sam "Hands of Stone" Stout fight. He's not the most powerful striker, but he's very good technically and is always active. He uses good angles and combinations and he'll just bang with you. It was a great back and forth fight for all 3 rounds, a fight worthy of fight of the night. I'm fairly surprised at the decision though, especially the 30-27 score by one of the judges. I thought Stout won that last round hands down. Personally, I had Stephens with the first round and Stout with the last 2 rounds for Stout winning 29-28.

Koscheck/Daley
Koscheck is one of the better overall fighters in the UFC. World class wrestling, everything else is pretty much above average, so it wasn't surprising to see him just go out and wrestle with Daley when he's at a disadvantage in the striking game. For the first round, that potential illegal knee was a little puzzling to me. After the knee when Kos was just laying there, it seemed like there was blood on the bridge of his nose, which I'm wondering where that came from as I don't recall Daley doing much at all while on his back. Not too sure what to make of the first round other than that Kos won 10-9. More of the same in the next 2 rounds and Kos is now the next TUF coach opposite GSP. And that punch by Daley after the fight...not cool. I'm kind of hoping Dana White releases Daley now because of that. He's a good talent and may light it up in another organization, but there's no room for that kind of stuff in MMA and more specifically the UFC.

Shogun/Machida
The only thing I liked about Machida was his entrance music, so yeah...obviously cheering for Shogun to win. And you know what, Shogun delivered again. Absolutely no doubt about it this time around as he handed it to Machida. Once he knocked Machida down, he just started raining down the punishment and even knew it was over before the referee stopped it. Great sportsmanship by getting off Machida once he knew he was out and I'm looking forward to Shogun's reign. I wonder if Anderson Silva might move up to fight at LHW now that Machida is no longer champ. In conclusion, SHO-FUCKIN-GUN!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC 113: Machida vs. Shogun 2   UFC 113: Machida vs. Shogun 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UFC 113: Machida vs. Shogun 2
Page 1 of 1