chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lesnar vs Machida, 5 fights later?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

Lesnar vs Machida, 5 fights later? Empty
PostSubject: Lesnar vs Machida, 5 fights later?   Lesnar vs Machida, 5 fights later? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 7:34 pm

Quote :
Light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida spoke on fighting Brock Lesnar recently. The 205 pound Machida would like to face the 285 pound Lesnar, but would likely have to dominate the light heavyweight division for some time before moving up to the heavyweight weight class. Machida’s next bout is at UFC 104 against Mauricio “Shogun” Rua.

And during the video interview it was mentioned that he wanted to defend his title 5 times first before moving up. Of the fight, Machida said:

Quote :
I have the personal desire of testing myself against Brock Lesnar, who is haunting. He’s a monster of strength, but is technical, too. My tactic would be to keep him at distance, not to let him get a hold on me. Otherwise, the punishment would be enormous.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs Machida, 5 fights later?   Lesnar vs Machida, 5 fights later? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 7:50 pm

I think that he would be mauled by Brock. Brock domintated 3 fighters that have been in the heavy weight division for some time. It would end very badly for him if he got in front of Brock and there are plenty of light heavyweights yet for him to fight.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs Machida, 5 fights later?   Lesnar vs Machida, 5 fights later? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 9:19 pm

If Lesnar ever took down Machida during the fight, I think he would definitely pound him into the ground. However, I wouldn't count Machida out because he hasn't fought at the HW division. Silva dominated the MW division and any move he made to the LHW division was pretty flawless. His punch evasion should still be effective against Lesnar.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs Machida, 5 fights later?   Lesnar vs Machida, 5 fights later? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 10:23 pm

Soe punch and move, don't get caught. If he took a shot from Brock's giant fist, he would go down and then be pounded out. Maybe I am still riding the hype of Lesnar, but he looked unstoppable in his last 3 fights.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs Machida, 5 fights later?   Lesnar vs Machida, 5 fights later? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 10:42 pm

^^Same can be said for Machida though and for much more than 3 fights too.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs Machida, 5 fights later?   Lesnar vs Machida, 5 fights later? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 11:01 pm

For me, I go for overwhelming power and that is what Brock has. It is like fighting a bear, you can run, but if that bear catches you, you are screwed.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs Machida, 5 fights later?   Lesnar vs Machida, 5 fights later? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 11:12 am

IF that bear catches you Very Happy He could also run downhill in a zig-zag pattern and escape the bear Razz

I know it looks like I'm for Machida, but really I'm in the middle. Machida's preparation and trained technique is far superior to Lesnar, but Lesnar's physique and natural ability put him right in the mix. I'm not really sure who the favourite would be.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs Machida, 5 fights later?   Lesnar vs Machida, 5 fights later? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 2:15 pm

I see what you are saying, but Lesnar caught Couture with a glancing shot to the temple and then he was on him in the blink of an eye. I can't remember anyone getting on a downed oppent faster then Brock does. That is why I give him the edge in any fight he is in. If he hits you or you slip, you are screwed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs Machida, 5 fights later?   Lesnar vs Machida, 5 fights later? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lesnar vs Machida, 5 fights later?
Page 1 of 1