chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What If Kurt Angle never jumped ship to TNA?

Go down 
+3
Y2J X
Straight-Edge Zach
Sykesy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

What If Kurt Angle never jumped ship to TNA? Empty
PostSubject: What If Kurt Angle never jumped ship to TNA?   What If Kurt Angle never jumped ship to TNA? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 4:26 am

In mid 2006, A month or so after the rebirth Kurt angle jumped ship to TNA. Not many people expected it and it was a massive boost for TNA. So lets say Angle stuck with ECW & WWE and never jumped ship. Where would he and TNA be these days, Would anything be different?

In my opinion, Angle was so big of a jump that if he stayed with TNA, TNA would have been finished 1 1/2 years ago. TNA had Christian Cage and Jeff Jarrett as their main guys with AJ and Daniels. they had the talent but not the draw power.

Angle brang in the likes of Booker T, Hogan, Lashley, Tara, Jeff Hardy, Bishoff etc. not directly but through the draw he got when he jumped ship.
Back to top Go down
Straight-Edge Zach
The Enforcer
The Enforcer
Straight-Edge Zach

Other / Decline to state Number of posts : 3563
Registration date : 2007-12-02

PostSubject: Re: What If Kurt Angle never jumped ship to TNA?   What If Kurt Angle never jumped ship to TNA? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 8:09 am

If Kurt had stayed with WWE then I don't think he'd be alive today. At the time his neck was in constant pain from the shedual that WWE had, he was wrestling 300+ days a year without much of a break and it was getting to him. He was at a point where he was thinking of retiring. Not to mention his drug addiction that was steadily getting worse. So yeah if Kurt stayed with WWE he may have died or been paralyzed.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: What If Kurt Angle never jumped ship to TNA?   What If Kurt Angle never jumped ship to TNA? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 2:20 pm

If Kurt Angle never jumped ship to TNA he'd be retired from wrestling right now. I don't think that he would stayed with WWE for much longer and if he wasn't going to TNA, he was going home. All for the reasons SEZ stated above.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: What If Kurt Angle never jumped ship to TNA?   What If Kurt Angle never jumped ship to TNA? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 5:22 pm

Angle did not "jump" to TNA, Angle was released by WWE and then went to TNA. TNA was his only major option left because WWE did not want him there, if he did not go to rehab and take time off. He was suspended, then cameback, and was then asked to take time off and get his personal life in order. He did not want to do that, so he was released. Angle did not chose TNA over WWE. TNA was his best option, after WWE released him. Had he done what WWE asked and took time off, I think he would still be on SD and he would get the same type of schedule Taker and HBK get.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: What If Kurt Angle never jumped ship to TNA?   What If Kurt Angle never jumped ship to TNA? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 10:11 pm

Concrete Jesus wrote:
Angle did not "jump" to TNA, Angle was released by WWE and then went to TNA. TNA was his only major option left because WWE did not want him there.

that is so wrong. He JUMPED to TNA.

He did not choose to resign with WWE. His excuse for this was 'Family Issues' as it said when he was released on WWE.com

Three weeks later, Where do we see Angle?

He jumped ship. WWE NEVER stated they did not want Angle in WWE. Why would of they been giving Angle a massive push at the time and make Angle lead ECW if they did not want him?
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: What If Kurt Angle never jumped ship to TNA?   What If Kurt Angle never jumped ship to TNA? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 3:44 pm

Sykesy wrote:
Concrete Jesus wrote:
Angle did not "jump" to TNA, Angle was released by WWE and then went to TNA. TNA was his only major option left because WWE did not want him there.

that is so wrong. He JUMPED to TNA.

He did not choose to resign with WWE. His excuse for this was 'Family Issues' as it said when he was released on WWE.com

Three weeks later, Where do we see Angle?

He jumped ship. WWE NEVER stated they did not want Angle in WWE. Why would of they been giving Angle a massive push at the time and make Angle lead ECW if they did not want him?

Angle got suspended right in the middle of his ECW push and that was his downfall in the WWE. Angle has had an outstanding second career in TNA and I think that he will be in the WWE HOF one day. It will take time for Vince to "forgive" him for being the top star in another promotion, but I think it will happen.
Back to top Go down
Affliction
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Affliction

Male Number of posts : 3093
Registration date : 2007-10-13

PostSubject: Re: What If Kurt Angle never jumped ship to TNA?   What If Kurt Angle never jumped ship to TNA? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 3:47 pm

I'd seriously thinking he'd go into MMA because when he left WWE it was pretty set in stone he wouldn't come back. I thought he would go to Strikeforce or maybe even UFC...Lesnar and Angle would have been sick as fuck.
Back to top Go down
free fallin(The Sorrow)
Dark Match Wrestler
Dark Match Wrestler
free fallin(The Sorrow)

Male Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2010-03-13

PostSubject: Re: What If Kurt Angle never jumped ship to TNA?   What If Kurt Angle never jumped ship to TNA? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 6:41 pm

If he never jumped ship TNA would be in preety bad shape,along with kurts neck.....I am a huge kurt angle fan and im very happy that he mad the switch
Back to top Go down
I Am Rocco
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler
I Am Rocco

Male Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2010-02-20

PostSubject: Re: What If Kurt Angle never jumped ship to TNA?   What If Kurt Angle never jumped ship to TNA? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 12:43 pm

he would be dead.
#
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What If Kurt Angle never jumped ship to TNA?   What If Kurt Angle never jumped ship to TNA? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What If Kurt Angle never jumped ship to TNA?
Page 1 of 1