chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

All Time: Best Mr. Wrestlemania Mania Match?

Go down 
+3
That-Damn-Good
Concrete Jesus
Y2J X
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

All Time: Best Mr. Wrestlemania Mania Match? Empty
PostSubject: All Time: Best Mr. Wrestlemania Mania Match?   All Time: Best Mr. Wrestlemania Mania Match? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 6:03 pm

As you all know, Mr. Wrestlemania is none other than Shawn Michaels. A lot of the times, people say that Shawn usually steals the show (and he usually does) but which of his many encounters would you say is his best? I'll say mine after a few responses.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: All Time: Best Mr. Wrestlemania Mania Match?   All Time: Best Mr. Wrestlemania Mania Match? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 6:27 pm

It is nearly impossible for me to pick out his best. HBK has had a long and brilliant career and he always brings it big at WM. I can't think of any HBK Mania matches that suck or was even just OK. I am going to pick out a few right now and in no particular order, here they are.
Micheals vs. Taker
Micheals vs. Angle
Micheals vs. Bret Hart in the 60 min Iron Man Match.

Yes, there are many that I have left off, but I am sure you all will do just fine adding them in and I will be back to add some more.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: All Time: Best Mr. Wrestlemania Mania Match?   All Time: Best Mr. Wrestlemania Mania Match? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 9:24 pm

I was hoping for more posts before I said my favorite. Anyways, Shawn vs. Angle definitely, that match kicked so much ass. I can't believe I forgot it when I listed my favorite Shawn matches. That was definitely one of their bests. I also enjoyed Shawn vs. Jericho at Mania and vs. Cena at Mania will probably be added when I get around to watching it. As I've seen all their other one-on-one encounters and all those have been great, especially the one hour classic.

I found Shawn vs. Taker and Shawn vs. Flair both pretty overrated and neither that great of a match. Shawn vs. Taker was one of the saving points of a rather meh Wrestlemania but I wouldn't praise it nearly as much as most do. Especiall when Shawn and Taker have fought eachother before and had much better matches together. Shawn vs. Flair was emotional due to it being Flairs last match before he took his vacation from wrestling and then crapped on the retirement show where WWE threw all the stops to giving his in ring career a very fitting and sentimental end, but that's another thread for another time. The match wasn't that great bar the emotion.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: All Time: Best Mr. Wrestlemania Mania Match?   All Time: Best Mr. Wrestlemania Mania Match? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 10:08 pm

HBK vs. Y2J is a classic match too.
Back to top Go down
That-Damn-Good
Mid-Carder
Mid-Carder
That-Damn-Good

Male Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: All Time: Best Mr. Wrestlemania Mania Match?   All Time: Best Mr. Wrestlemania Mania Match? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 11:48 pm

There isn't really a dud in the list of Shawn's mania matches. But I think you'd have to give it to Shawn vs Taker. Most people would. That's pretty much the cream of the crop but everything else is amazing as well. But something being called the greatest match of all time, that's a pretty big statement. So Shawn vs Taker is pretty hard to top.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: All Time: Best Mr. Wrestlemania Mania Match?   All Time: Best Mr. Wrestlemania Mania Match? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 12:16 am

One of the reason I would like to see HHH vs. HBK at WM is they will want to be the absolute best match on the card. I loved the feud and I would love to see it happen at WM.

One I forgot is HBK vs. Austin.
Back to top Go down
Straight-Edge Zach
The Enforcer
The Enforcer
Straight-Edge Zach

Other / Decline to state Number of posts : 3563
Registration date : 2007-12-02

PostSubject: Re: All Time: Best Mr. Wrestlemania Mania Match?   All Time: Best Mr. Wrestlemania Mania Match? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 2:43 am

My favorite three (in order):
HBK vs Angle
HBK vs HHH vs Benoit
HBK vs Jericho

On a side note, HBK vs Taker was horrible, their worst match ever and HBK vs Flair was actually a good match, the emotion was icing on the cake.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: All Time: Best Mr. Wrestlemania Mania Match?   All Time: Best Mr. Wrestlemania Mania Match? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 5:07 am

I cannot believe that I missed this thread. A few matches stick out to me as his 'Best'.

HHH (c) Vs HBK Vs Benoit

We all knew this match was guaranteed to be a classic. You have the Greatest Heel of the decade, Arguably the best Technician of all time and you have the Greatest Showman of all time in the one ring. But 10 minutes before hand Kurt Angle took on Eddie Guerrero in a true classic for the WWE title and to me, This match had to beat it or it would not be right. These men walked out and put on one of the best matches Wrestlemania has ever witnessed. Nothing was poor in the contest (Apart from HBK's visible blading) and the contest was a 35 minute classic. HBK and Benoit's mat wrestling was great and HHH was just icing on the cake. There were some solid spots in the match where I genuinely thought that it was over. The best would the perfect Moonsault from Shawn of the top rope to the Outside on top of Benoit and Hunter. After watching the match, It is one of the moments where you are proud to be a wrestling fan.

Angle Vs HBK

The Angle/Shawn match was just brilliant. Angle and Shawn proved at the time that they were the best in the world. I have not watched this match in two years but from what I remember it made Mania. The feud was set up perfectly and Angle's selling was excellent. The hole spectacle and atmosphere of the contest was of the charts. There was a lot of great spots in this contest and I do believe both men deliver impressive moonsault's if I am right.

Y2J Vs HBK

What a feud and contest. It all started at the rumble and just got better as weeks went on. Mania was the climax of it all though. Y2J was a former Undisputed Champion before this but in recent times before the contest he would have been a mid-carder. After this match he really proved that he could still go toe to toe and maybe even out perform the likes of 'The Showstopper'. The match was just a bunch of solid faced pace great wrestling. If you have not seen this then get WM 19 and watch it! definitely worth it.

Bret Hart Vs HBK [60 Minute Iron Man Match]

This would have to be Wrestlemania's greatest match apart from Benoit Vs Angle WM 17 in my opinion. Just trying to explain this contest does no justice. Hart was the Champion and HBK came in from the ceiling on the Flying Fox thingy. But as soon as that bell rang we got a classic. 60 minutes of just brilliant wrestling. High-Flying, Technical, Chain wrestling galore as these men went at it.

It was a draw after the bell and Bret had to get back in that ring for sudden death as Shawn took the gold. Definitely one of the greatest WWE matches of all time.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: All Time: Best Mr. Wrestlemania Mania Match?   All Time: Best Mr. Wrestlemania Mania Match? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 11:52 am

I can't believe I missed Benoit vs. HHH vs. Shawn. I absolutely love that match and have watched it over and over again. Add that to my list. I wouldn't put it over Angle vs. Shawn yet, as I also haven't watched that match and a year or two, so I'll have to rewatch it before deciding which one I'll choose.
Back to top Go down
Master Of Destruction
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Master Of Destruction

Male Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: All Time: Best Mr. Wrestlemania Mania Match?   All Time: Best Mr. Wrestlemania Mania Match? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 7:24 pm

HBK vs. Jericho. Loved the match, loved the promo.
Back to top Go down
Affy
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Affy

Male Number of posts : 810
Registration date : 2010-02-15

PostSubject: Re: All Time: Best Mr. Wrestlemania Mania Match?   All Time: Best Mr. Wrestlemania Mania Match? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 7:45 pm

Angle/HBK
Cena/HBK
Flair/HBK

Top three.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All Time: Best Mr. Wrestlemania Mania Match?   All Time: Best Mr. Wrestlemania Mania Match? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All Time: Best Mr. Wrestlemania Mania Match?
Page 1 of 1