chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Extreme Elimination Chamber; Love It or Hate It?

Go down 
+2
Y2J X
tnalockdownfan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2467
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Extreme Elimination Chamber; Love It or Hate It? Empty
PostSubject: Extreme Elimination Chamber; Love It or Hate It?   Extreme Elimination Chamber; Love It or Hate It? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 1:02 am

Hey guys,

The Elimination Chamber is this Sunday Night and so, I thought that we take a look @ the most infamous matches in the WWE

Extreme Elimination Chamber from ECW December to Dismember

Here's what happend:

Order of entry for the Elimination Chamber: Big Show (in pod with barbed wire bat), CM Punk (in pod with steel chair), Test (in pod with crowbar) and Bobby Lashley (in pod with table). Rob Van Dam and Hardcore Holly will start the match. CM Punk was the first out of a pod with a steel chair. Punk threw his chair at RVD, but RVD caught it and threw it back at Punk. Next in was Test out of a pod with a crowbar. RVD was cut open at this point and Test went after his cut with the crowbar. RVD got a steel chair and took out Hardcore Holly, Test and then Punk in the corner. RVD then hit a Five Star Frog Splash on CM Punk and got the pinfall - CM Punk is eliminated. Test then took out Hardcore Holly with a high kick and got the pinfall - Hardcore Holly is eliminated. Test then puts a steel chair on RVD, climbs up Big Show's pod, jumps off and connects with an elbow on RVD over the chair - Rob Van Dam is eliminated. Test then awaited the entry of the last two participants - Bobby Lashley and Big Show. Paul Heyman's security guards prevent Lashley's pod from opening. Lashley, who had a table inside the pod with it, makes a hole to free himself from the pod. Lashley then takes out Test with a Spear - Test is eliminated. We are now down to Bobby Lashley vs. Big Show with the ECW Title on the line. Big Show's pod opens and he enters with the barbed wire bat. Big Show swung the bat at Lashley, but Lashley blocked it with a steel chair. Lashley then threw Big Show into a pod, busting Big Show open. The finish saw Lashley block an attempted chokeslam from Big Show into a DDT. Lashley then connected with a Spear on Big Show to get the pinfall to become the NEW ECW World Heavyweight Champion.

Lashley then left the ring as some pyro went off as he celebrated with the ECW World Heavyweight Title. On a side note, the PPV ended 20 minutes into the last hour.

Winner and NEW ECW World Heavyweight Champion: Bobby Lashley

credit: Adam Martin, wrestleview.com and gerweck.net

and also, here's a note courtesy of wa.com:

Also, just to show you how much Vince cares about ECW, they were selling a t-shirt with the matches and city at the ECW PPV. The problem is that the PPV listed Sabu in the main event, Bob Holly vs. The Sandman, and Matt Striker vs. Al Snow, none of which happened. I guess if you bought the t-shirt, you got screwed.

There is definitely more as to why Sabu was pulled out of the Elimination Chamber last night. One source told us last week that he thought Sabu was actually trying to get himself fired. Don't be surprised if something happens this week. Stay tuned.

Anyone else wondering why the ECW PPV end 25 minutes early last night? Unreal.

Al Snow was originally scheduled to participate on ECW December To Dismember pay-per-view. He was scheduled to wrestle Elijah Burke in a singles match, however he missed the show due to a family emergency.

ECW’s website has announced that CM Punk will be going on tour to Iraq. CM Punk will be writing a daily blog for the ECW site.

The ECW website is also reports that Sabu was "treated and released" by a local hospital in Georgia, but not in time to appear on the PPV to follow with the storyline.

It is not expected to see Christopher W. Anderson return to ECW until after the New Year. Anderson has been out of action with a herniated disc as well as two additional bulging discs. Anderson has been undergoing physical therapy several times a week to deal with the problems.

Some people backstage are wondering if Sabu is trying to get his release with his recent behavior. As was reported here, Sabu has had major backstage heat recently for falling asleep backstage for hours at a time, and for other unprofessional behavior. "It's almost as if he's trying to get fired", one source told us.

Virtually all of the ECW "Originals" are frustrated and disappointed with the direction things have gone.

The ECW announce team had expected to be involved in some way at Survivor Series but when they arrived at the building for the show they were told they weren't going to be used.

WWE drew a live crowd of 14,400 (paid) for a gate of $931,000 at the 11/26 Survivor Series in Philadelphia.

Rob Van Dam is frustrated with his current situation in ECW and is miserable according to multiple backstage sources. His contract is set to expire in the next 6 months or so, and he is said to be counting the days until his deal is up, and also I heard that RVD might be interested in going to TNA next summer.

There is talk of Sabu being fired by WWE for recent unprofessional behavior, which would have TNA interested in the former ECW, WWE, and TNA Wrestler. However, the feeling is that despite his unprofessional conduct, WWE wants Sabu to induct his uncle The Sheik into the hall of fame during Wrestlemania weekend in Detroit.

and so, I would like to know:

What were your thoughts on The Elimination Chamber

Do you love it or do you hate it?

Please debate on this

Extreme Elimination Chamber; Love It or Hate It? W00634X

and now, here's the Video Clip to that match:

Part 1

Extreme elimination chamber (part 1 of 2)
Uploaded by swantom-bomb. - Basketball, baseball, pro wrestling and more sports videos.

Part 2

extreme elimination chamber (part 2)
Uploaded by swantom-bomb. - Basketball, baseball, pro wrestling and more sports videos.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Extreme Elimination Chamber; Love It or Hate It?   Extreme Elimination Chamber; Love It or Hate It? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 8:50 am

I'd go with love it. I don't know, I like the addition of weapons to the match. Although, I don't think this match did the concept justice. There were a few good moments in the match but it really didn't capitalized on the weapons as they could of. In fact, as the match went on, it got much worse. It's also very cool to hear all the fans cheer for CM Punk.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Extreme Elimination Chamber; Love It or Hate It?   Extreme Elimination Chamber; Love It or Hate It? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 11:34 am

I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. I think it started out pretty great with RVD starting out the match and it was awesome to see a little bit of RVD vs. Punk. It would have been better if Sabu was not replaced by Bob Holly. Where it started to turn to shit for me was the last few mins. When Lashley eliminated everyone and waited for Show to come out. Then Show would not come out, so he went into get him, blah blah blah.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: Extreme Elimination Chamber; Love It or Hate It?   Extreme Elimination Chamber; Love It or Hate It? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 11:40 am

^Yeah, the ended totally ruined what started out as great. I love Punks leg drop to Van Dam, Van Dams rolling thunder, and The elbow drop by Test. After that, it went downhill. I also think it would of been better if Sabu was in it.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Extreme Elimination Chamber; Love It or Hate It?   Extreme Elimination Chamber; Love It or Hate It? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 11:53 am

It was too damn short. Who wants to seed Lashly stalk around the ring for 3 mins, before Show's pod opened? I don't know who to blame for that crappy finish, but the rumor was, Heyman had full creative control over that PPV. That probably is not completely true, I am sure he had Vince in his ear at least a little, but whomever's fault it was, the PPV was a Disaster to Forget. Except I didn't forget it it, I bought the DVD. I buy all of the PPV DVD's so, but nevermind that.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: Extreme Elimination Chamber; Love It or Hate It?   Extreme Elimination Chamber; Love It or Hate It? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 11:58 am

I highly doubt Heyman had complete control. I'm pretty sure I read that he wasn't happy about how the Elimination Chamber went down, had something to do with Lashley. I can't remember what is was exactly. As for you buying the DVD, I assume the Hardys vs. MNM was at least good enough to rewatch the PPV. Oh, I think WWE should give the Extreme Elimination Chamber another try, just because this one wasn't anything special doesn't mean it can't be.
Back to top Go down
Master Of Destruction
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Master Of Destruction

Male Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Extreme Elimination Chamber; Love It or Hate It?   Extreme Elimination Chamber; Love It or Hate It? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 1:02 pm

Here's the deal, the idea, (along with anything about this new "ECW") sounded good to begin with. The problem is, when the ECW fans who didn't watch WWE turned on the t.v.'s their response was "What the hell is this shit?" They wanted their ECW originals, Sabu, Sandman, Dreamer, RVD, Tazz etc., etc. Who were all old at that point instead, they got Bpbby Lashley, Big Show, and a developmental program.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Extreme Elimination Chamber; Love It or Hate It?   Extreme Elimination Chamber; Love It or Hate It? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 1:20 pm

Y2J X wrote:
I highly doubt Heyman had complete control. I'm pretty sure I read that he wasn't happy about how the Elimination Chamber went down, had something to do with Lashley. I can't remember what is was exactly. As for you buying the DVD, I assume the Hardys vs. MNM was at least good enough to rewatch the PPV. Oh, I think WWE should give the Extreme Elimination Chamber another try, just because this one wasn't anything special doesn't mean it can't be.

This PPV had 2 matches worth watching. The Chamber match and the Hardy's vs. MNM, but either MNM or The Hardy's were a part of ECW at the time. That means that all of the ECW match, except the Chamber, pretty much sucked it.
Back to top Go down
free fallin(The Sorrow)
Dark Match Wrestler
Dark Match Wrestler
free fallin(The Sorrow)

Male Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2010-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Extreme Elimination Chamber; Love It or Hate It?   Extreme Elimination Chamber; Love It or Hate It? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 6:15 pm

the only match i really liked was the chamber and adding weapons to the match was pretty exciting to watch
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Extreme Elimination Chamber; Love It or Hate It?   Extreme Elimination Chamber; Love It or Hate It? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 12:19 am

I didn't actually see the utility of adding weapons to this match when it was already called the most dangerous match in WWE. The wrestlers use the chamber itself as a weapon so do you really need to add chairs and other stuff just to make it EXTREEEEEEEEME?

Thank God I never had to see that PPV.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Extreme Elimination Chamber; Love It or Hate It?   Extreme Elimination Chamber; Love It or Hate It? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 1:46 am

Yeah, the PPV was not good. The Chamber match was not bad until the end, but the rest of the PPV was just crap. They did not due too much with the weapons once they came out of the pod. Punk and RVD used a chair and the barbed wire was used a little, but adding weapons turned out to be kind of pointless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Extreme Elimination Chamber; Love It or Hate It?   Extreme Elimination Chamber; Love It or Hate It? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Extreme Elimination Chamber; Love It or Hate It?
Page 1 of 1