chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favourite WM opening Match.

Go down 
+5
Master Of Destruction
Sykesy
Concrete Jesus
Y2J X
Black Dagger
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Black Dagger
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Black Dagger

Male Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2007-11-20

Favourite WM opening Match. Empty
PostSubject: Favourite WM opening Match.   Favourite WM opening Match. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 6:17 am

With Wrestlemania coming up very very shortly I will be asking today what stand's out as everybodies favourite opening match at the grandest stage of them all.

Mine would have to be the wrestlemania twenty one match between the tag champions at that time rey Mysterio and Eddie Guerrero this match was a start of an emotional rollercoaster which would lead to Eddie turning on Rey and setting up a great fued. What happens to be your's?
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwe.com
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Favourite WM opening Match.   Favourite WM opening Match. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 3:29 pm

I would have to say the Wrestlemania 23 Money in the Bank. I love that match, and it's fresher in my mind more than any of the other openers as I watched it a few days ago.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Favourite WM opening Match.   Favourite WM opening Match. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 6:31 pm

MITB is a great way to start Mania because that always leave the "chance" that the winner could show up at the end and cash in the shot, even if there is no real chance that will happen. It keeps that door open and I like seeing it at the begining.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Favourite WM opening Match.   Favourite WM opening Match. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 10:40 pm

Great topic Luke, You gotta start posting more Very Happy

Anyway, Two come to mind for me.

Wrestlemania X:

This was Owen Hart getting the win over his Brother Bret is a true classic. One of the best matches of the ninties and maybe his best match against Bret.

Wrestlemania XX:

10 years later we saw John Cena in a very entertaining fashion defeat The Big Show for the US Title. It was a very fun match to watch and both competitors did a fine job.
Back to top Go down
Master Of Destruction
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Master Of Destruction

Male Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Favourite WM opening Match.   Favourite WM opening Match. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 11:15 pm

The very first MITB match at 21.
Back to top Go down
That-Damn-Good
Mid-Carder
Mid-Carder
That-Damn-Good

Male Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Favourite WM opening Match.   Favourite WM opening Match. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 12:09 am

^ Wasn't an opener. Will say that Eddie vs Rey was a solid match though, got the crowd really into it and was just a good wrestling match. So I'd have to give it to them as well.
Back to top Go down
Straight-Edge Zach
The Enforcer
The Enforcer
Straight-Edge Zach

Other / Decline to state Number of posts : 3563
Registration date : 2007-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Favourite WM opening Match.   Favourite WM opening Match. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 12:17 am

OMG...I got 3 in mind.

Cena/Show at XX, ask Sykes why.

Wrestlemania 23 MITB, ask Y2J X why.

But personally for me...

RVD vs William Regal from Wrestlemania 18. What can I saw, it was an epic encounter during an epic as hell show. When RVD kicked the Brass Knucks out of Regal's hand then beat him with the Frog Splash I marked out so hard. That match set the standard for the rest of the show. So sooo epic.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Favourite WM opening Match.   Favourite WM opening Match. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 1:05 am

Hands down, Wrestlemania X with Bret vs Owen. Probably their best match one against the other.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Favourite WM opening Match.   Favourite WM opening Match. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 2:18 am

^ Amen, Surprised everybody did not mention this.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Favourite WM opening Match.   Favourite WM opening Match. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 9:52 am

EdgeHead wrote:
Hands down, Wrestlemania X with Bret vs Owen. Probably their best match one against the other.

I was talking in general terms, I was not thinking of a specific match. They obviously can't have that match every year.
Back to top Go down
Affy
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Affy

Male Number of posts : 810
Registration date : 2010-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Favourite WM opening Match.   Favourite WM opening Match. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 7:36 pm

John Cena/Big Show
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite WM opening Match.   Favourite WM opening Match. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favourite WM opening Match.
Page 1 of 1