chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WWE's 'Smackdown' moving to Syfy(Updated)

Go down 
+2
tnalockdownfan
spursgalea
6 posters
AuthorMessage
spursgalea
Mid-Carder
Mid-Carder

Male Number of posts : 437
Registration date : 2008-05-23

WWE's 'Smackdown' moving to Syfy(Updated) Empty
PostSubject: WWE's 'Smackdown' moving to Syfy   WWE's 'Smackdown' moving to Syfy(Updated) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 9:50 am

i don't post in the news section but i came across this http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2010/04/wwes-smackdown-moving-to-syfy-.html what do us wwe fans think
Back to top Go down
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2467
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: WWE's 'Smackdown' moving to Syfy(Updated)   WWE's 'Smackdown' moving to Syfy(Updated) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 1:51 pm

I say, I LOVE IT!

I mean, what was the WWE thinking about putting it on MyNetworkTV? a network that we never even HEARD about?

But I say that it is a GREAT move for the WWE
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: WWE's 'Smackdown' moving to Syfy(Updated)   WWE's 'Smackdown' moving to Syfy(Updated) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 3:17 am

tnalockdownfan wrote:
I say, I LOVE IT!

I mean, what was the WWE thinking about putting it on MyNetworkTV?

Beats that WGN America
Back to top Go down
K.Smoke
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
K.Smoke

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: WWE's 'Smackdown' moving to Syfy(Updated)   WWE's 'Smackdown' moving to Syfy(Updated) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 9:35 am

cool but it doesn't make or break anything.
Back to top Go down
http://WWE.com
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: WWE's 'Smackdown' moving to Syfy(Updated)   WWE's 'Smackdown' moving to Syfy(Updated) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 12:05 pm

Quote :
A report by the LA Times suggests WWE is days away from announcing a network change for WWE Smackdown. Over the past decade Smackdown has been a mainstay on UPN and CW Network before making the move to MyNetworkTV in 2008. LA Times sources say Smackdown is moving to NBC Universal's Syfy, the same network that carries WWE NXT. The move could usher in a new partnership between NBC's Dick Ebersol and the upcoming WWE Network.

"Although terms were not disclosed, My Network TV was shelling out roughly $20 million a year for "Smackdown." Syfy's price tag is believed to be closer to $30 million a year.

Although "Smackdown" is more than 10 years old, it still does very well with men, particularly the 18-34 demographic, and generally averages about 3.5 million viewers overall. "Smackdown" will continue to air on Friday nights when it moves to Syfy later this year, most likely in either late September or early October." -LA Times
Quote :
- It would appear WWE NXT is being cancelled as of this posting. WWE Released a press statement today stating WWE Smackdown is moving to SyFy in October and NXT will be "leaving" SyFy. It is possible that they could try and find a new network for the show however it seems doubtful as ratings have not been that much of an improvement on ECW's and moving channel would not help.

UPDATE: New Reports Suggest WWE is looking for a new home for WWE NXT. There is also the possibility that the show could become a WWE.com exclusive.

SD has been on network TV for over 10 years, so, even when I could not afford cable, I could always watch SD. For that reason, I am a little unhappy with this news, but, it makes total since for WWE. MyNetwork has been struggling since it became MyNetwork and they probably can't afford to keep SD. WWE has a great relationship with NBC Universal, they own USA Network, so this is great for business. It doesn't say when it will happen, but I don't think it will happen until Oct because WWE and MyNetwork have a contract.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: WWE's 'Smackdown' moving to Syfy(Updated)   WWE's 'Smackdown' moving to Syfy(Updated) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 3:58 pm

Quote :
Posted by: Wrestling-Radio.com

- The New York Times is reporting that WWE's deal with Syfy to broadcast Friday Night SmackDown is for two years, with an option for a third year

WWE is still looking for a broadcaster to pick up WWE NXT.
Back to top Go down
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2467
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: WWE's 'Smackdown' moving to Syfy(Updated)   WWE's 'Smackdown' moving to Syfy(Updated) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 11:48 pm

Sykesy wrote:
Beats that WGN America

Well I LOVE WGN America, but I don't watch Superstars that much, but I do watch Classic TV Shows and plus, I like it better than TBS nowadays.

Concrete Jesus wrote:
SD has been on network TV for over 10 years, so, even when I could not afford cable, I could always watch SD. For that reason, I am a little unhappy with this news, but, it makes total since for WWE. MyNetwork has been struggling since it became MyNetwork and they probably can't afford to keep SD. WWE has a great relationship with NBC Universal, they own USA Network, so this is great for business. It doesn't say when it will happen, but I don't think it will happen until Oct because WWE and MyNetwork have a contract.

Yes it's true, and also, USA Network created Sci-Fi Channel now known as SyFy even before NBC-Universal owned both networks, but I only watched Sci-Fi/SyFy for Classic Sci-Fi Shows including NBC-Universal owned shows like Knight Rider, Airwolf, Amazing Stories, Quantum Leap, etc.

But still, putting SD! on SyFy is a SMART Move
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: WWE's 'Smackdown' moving to Syfy(Updated)   WWE's 'Smackdown' moving to Syfy(Updated) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 12:18 am

I was hoping SD would go to NBC. What else do they have on Friday night? I also think that NXT should stay on SyFy and it should lead into SD. NXT airs Friday at 8, then SD airs at 9-11.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: WWE's 'Smackdown' moving to Syfy(Updated)   WWE's 'Smackdown' moving to Syfy(Updated) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 10:39 pm

I don't think that NBC would take a chance on Smackdown, unless they were sure that they could get some big ratings. Of course, only CBS really seems to give a shit on Friday night programming with their lineup but I don't think that wrestling is the coolest thing to put on TV anymore. Hell, they gave up on Saturday Night Main Event after only a couple of shows so I don't see why they'd go back on their decision and give a primetime slot to Smackdown on NBC.

But I'll admit that I'd take any WWE programming on cable TV now since Global in Canada stupidly decided to stop showing RAW and Smackdown right after Wrestlemania. I got to settle on taping NXT who airs at 3 AM in the morning in the weekend and the program's so shitty lately.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: WWE's 'Smackdown' moving to Syfy(Updated)   WWE's 'Smackdown' moving to Syfy(Updated) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 10:58 pm

SNME did not last because the last 2 were not very good. The 06 SNME was awesome. Matter of fact, the 2 in 06 were awesome. The first one had a really fun main event featuring HHH/Cena vs. Mysterio/Angle/Orton and an apperance by Austin. The one that happened in the summer had an awesome Triple Threat WWE Championship match. The last SNME I remember was cut to only 1 hour and it was not very good. Why it went from being great show and a great way to promote a PPV to crap, I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWE's 'Smackdown' moving to Syfy(Updated)   WWE's 'Smackdown' moving to Syfy(Updated) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWE's 'Smackdown' moving to Syfy(Updated)
Page 1 of 1