chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dead man elected as US mayor

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

Dead man elected as US mayor Empty
PostSubject: Dead man elected as US mayor   Dead man elected as US mayor Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 12:43 pm

Quote :
Carl Geary died a month ago from a heart attack as he campaigned to be selected for the small country town. Despite his sudden death he still polled over three times as many votes as his rival in the election in Tracy City, Tennessee.

His widow, Susan Geary, said his election "was not a surprise at all to me."

Geary, 55, was known for his straight talking and served on the local council. He polled 285 votes to his rival's 85.

Local business owners said the vote to elect Geary was as a protest against the current mayor, Barbara Brock.

"I knew he was deceased. I know that sounds stupid, but we wanted someone other than her," said Chris Rogers, owner of the town's Lunch Box restaurant.

"If he were to run again next week I'd vote for him again."

Town officials said four councillors will now decide who becomes mayor.

Barbara Brock, who lost out to the dead rival, had campaigned on her efforts to beautify the Tracy City which has a population of 1600 and is 80 miles from Nashville.

She said she was shocked that the town would vote for someone who is "pushing up the daisies" rather than planting them.

Brock was elected Mayor of the town 16 months ago - after the previous mayor died of a heart attack.

"The headline should say 'Mayor that filled the shoes of a dead man, beaten by a dead man,'" Mr. Rogers said.
This has got to suck if you're Barbera Brock. Rather embaressing losing to a dead man.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Dead man elected as US mayor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead man elected as US mayor   Dead man elected as US mayor Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 12:46 pm

This dead guy will probably do a better job then most US politicians.
Back to top Go down

Dead man elected as US mayor
Page 1 of 1