chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin Medical Suspensions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin Medical Suspensions Empty
PostSubject: UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin Medical Suspensions   UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin Medical Suspensions Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 6:22 pm

Quote :

Posted by: Corey Santiago

The Nevada State Athletic Commission have released the medical suspensions for the UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin event that took place this past weekend in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Here is the list of medical suspensions:

Brock Lesnar is suspended until Aug. 18 with no contact until Aug. 3 due to right eyelid and left eyebrow lacerations.

Shane Carwin until Sept. 2 with no contact until Aug. 18.

Yoshihiro Akiyama until Aug. 18 with no contact until Aug. 3 due to having a tough fight.

Chris Leben is suspended until Aug. 3 with no contact until July 25 due to having a tough fight.

Krzysztof Soszynski is suspended until Sept. 2 with no contact until Aug. 18 at a minimum. He must have his left thumb cleared by a doctor or he is suspended until Dec. 31.

Stephan Bonnar is suspended until Aug. 18 with no contact until Aug. 3 due to facial lacerations.

Kurt Pellegrino is suspended until Aug. 18 with no contact until Aug. 3 at a minimum. He must clear his left knee with an orthopedic doctor or he is suspended until Dec. 31.

Chris Tuchscherer is suspended until Sept. 2 with no contact until Aug. at a minimum due to a right cheek laceration. He must clear his left ear with an ear, nose, and throat doctor or he is suspended until Dec. 31.

Seth Petruzelli is suspended until Sept. 2 with no contact until Aug. 18 at a minimum. He must clear a right elbow strain with an orthopedic doctor or he is suspended until Dec. 31.

Ricardo Romero is suspended until Sept. 2 with no contact until Aug. 18 at a minimum. He must have a broken left lower jaw cleared by oral, maxillary, facial surgeon or he is suspended until Dec. 31.

David Branch is suspended until Sept. 2 with no contact until Aug. 18.

It appeard that Petruzelli was injuried, after that arm bar. But hey, at least Leben will be able to fight on the UFC 117 card. Smile
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Cain Velasquez Won't Be Fighting Brock Lesnar At UFC 119   UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin Medical Suspensions Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 6:25 pm

Quote :

Posted by: Corey Santiago

Number one contender for the UFC Heavyweight championship, Cain Velasquez is reportedly ready to take on UFC Heavyweight champion, Brock Lesnar whenever the UFC wants to do so, but it wont be at UFC 119 in Indianapolis Indiana.

Posting via his Twitter Page, Yahoo!Sports.com writer, Kevin Iole said:

“Lesnar will not be fighting Velasquez on Sept 25 in Indianapolis.”
Quote :
UFC President, Dana White has confirmed the rumors that UFC Heavyweight champion, Brock Lesnar would be defending his championship against Cain Velasquez at UFC 119 in Indianapolis, Indiana are completely false.

Talking to MMAFighting.com, Dana said:

“Reports that Brock is fighting in Indy Sept. 25 are false.”
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin Medical Suspensions   UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin Medical Suspensions Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 6:29 pm

Random note, I don't have a source, but Lesnar won't face Velasquez in September anymore like it was rumored. No reason given at the time (though Sable is pregnant, so maybe Brock wants a little time off), but yeah. I'm sure the medical suspension didn't really change anything in terms of his fight with Cain.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin Medical Suspensions   UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin Medical Suspensions Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 6:29 pm

I just posted about this in the medical suspensions thread Razz
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin Medical Suspensions   UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin Medical Suspensions Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 7:14 pm

Oh well, I guess we could merge them or close this one. I have a source and confirmation from Dana White, sooooo. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin Medical Suspensions   UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin Medical Suspensions Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 9:05 pm

Show-off Razz
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin Medical Suspensions   UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin Medical Suspensions Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 4:30 pm

Here is even more conformation that Lesner vs. Cain will not happen at UFC 119. Baba, you called the baby thing.
Quote :
Dana White rules out Brock Lesnar vs. Cain Velasquez as UFC 119 headliner
John Morgan, MMAjunkie.com
Jul 7, 1:55 pm EDT

Email Print The UFC's first fight card in Indianapolis is still without a main event.

MMAjunkie.com's (www.mmajunkie.com) Dann Stupp first reported on Monday that both Brock Lesnar (5-1 MMA, 4-1 UFC) and Shane Carwin had been approached prior to their UFC 116 headlining contest (won by Lesnar) about the possibility of returning to action at UFC 119, which takes place Sept. 25, to face top contender Cain Velasquez (8-0 MMA, 6-0 UFC).

UFC president Dana White has since informed multiple outlets that the Lesnar vs. Velasquez bout will not take place at UFC 119, though he has yet to name an official date for the heavyweight title fight.

Prior to UFC 116, White confirmed that Velasquez would receive first crack at winner of the Lesnar-Carwin title unification matchup. Velasquez has been sidelined since February while waiting on the results of the contest, and White said he hoped to get the American Kickboxing Academy standout back in action as quickly as possible.

"Cain fights the winner of this fight, probably as soon as possible," White said. "Cain's been waiting a long time."

But at UFC 116's post-event press conference, Lesnar didn't appear too hurried to return to the cage.

"I'm expecting a baby in two weeks," Lesnar said. "My wife's been a trooper. She's been pregnant for 18 months these past two years.

"I'm going home tonight. I'm going to visit some family when I get home, and I've got some combining. I'm a farmer now, and I'm doing what I love to do. I've got some combining to do this fall, and I want to shoot a white-tailed deer and spend time with my family."

Although this will not happen in Sept, I think it needs to happen by the end of the year. Both Carwin and Cain had to wait a long time, due to Brock's illness. It is about time that Cain gets his shot...and his beat down.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin Medical Suspensions   UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin Medical Suspensions Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 6:47 pm

Concrete Jesus wrote:
Baba, you called the baby thing.
I'm so good, I could've called it about 9 months ago Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin Medical Suspensions   UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin Medical Suspensions Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 10:27 pm

With Sable as his wife, you might be able to call it a few more times. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin Medical Suspensions   UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin Medical Suspensions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin Medical Suspensions
Page 1 of 1