chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anime

Go down 
+5
Affy
Guilha
Y2J X
stl311
[SM]The Supreme One[SM]
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
[SM]The Supreme One[SM]
Heat Wrestler
Heat Wrestler

Male Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2009-06-17

Anime Empty
PostSubject: Anime   Anime Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 11:56 am

Okay I am a Naruto and Bleach addict, I just wanna know if there is anyone that appreciate either of the two
Back to top Go down
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

Male Number of posts : 3627
Registration date : 2007-11-21

Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 12:00 pm

Bolton does.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ecw.com
[SM]The Supreme One[SM]
Heat Wrestler
Heat Wrestler

Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 12:09 pm

Who is Bolton?[i]
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 12:13 pm

Bleach is awful, in my opinion. It started off really good, but it soon just became to boring and repitative, and it just seems to drag on for eternity. I stopped liking it during the whole Save Rukia thing, it was pretty entertaining, but it went on for way too long, and I stopped caring. Of course, compared to this most recent arc, it's nothing. Bleach seems to be a fan of dragging things on, and when it keeps doing such, it tends to make me lose interest. I really no longer cares what happens to any of the characters, maybe outside Cone and Rukia.

Naruto, on the other hand, was pretty awesome. I watched it and loved it, I took a few breaks in between, but it's very easy to get back into. I stopped watching sometime after Sasuke and Naruto's epic battle, and it just became fillers. Never watched Shippudden, might have to start.

Other animes I like are, Full Metal Alchemist (NOT Botherhood), Dragon Ball Z, Black Cat, and Yu Yu Hakusho. I've seen others that were pretty good, but I really only got into deep with those, I think.
Back to top Go down
[SM]The Supreme One[SM]
Heat Wrestler
Heat Wrestler

Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 12:22 pm

Well I guess I haven't watched Bleach enough, lol.. I am like getting a comic collection, saving the comic from manga and man about 412 episodes....Same with Naruto, and yeah Naruto is crazy awesome but one of my best battles was Sasuke and Itachi(his senior brother). Also Naruto and Pain. I always loved Dragon Ball Z but never had the media to follow it.
Back to top Go down
Guilha
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
Guilha

Male Number of posts : 1842
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 4:25 pm

Ew ew ew!! .. "Bleach" and "Naruto" = blagh!

My 3 faves and a small summary of each:

Death Note - The main character is Light Yagami, a high school student who discovers a supernatural notebook, the "Death Note", dropped on Earth by a death god named Ryuk. It centers around Light's attempt to create and rule a world cleansed of evil using the notebook and the efforts of a detective known as L, and subsequently his successors, Near and Mello, to stop him. The Death Note grants its user the ability to kill anyone whose name they know, by writing the name in the notebook while picturing their face.

Gantz - Gantz tells the story of Kei Kurono and his friend Masaru Kato who die in a train accident and become part of a semi-posthumous "game" in which they and several other recently deceased people are forced to hunt down and kill aliens armed with a handful of futuristic items of equipment and weaponry.

Elfen Lied - Elfen Lied revolves around the interactions, views, emotions, and differences between humans and the Diclonius, a mutant species similar to humans in build but distinguishable by two horns on their head and "vectors", transparent telekinetically controlled arms that have the power to manipulate and cut objects within their reach. The series is centered on the teenage Diclonius girl "Lucy" who was rejected by humans and subsequently wants revenge.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 5:24 pm

^Death Note's pretty good, based off the one/two episode(s) I saw. It's nothing I could get into full time though. Never heard of the other two, Gantz at the very least, seems pretty entertaining. Elfen Lied seems pretty damn stupid and boring to me. Not that the concept of an anime has to be brillant to be enjoyable, as some are pretty ridiculous, but I have no interest in ever watching that one.
Back to top Go down
Guilha
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
Guilha

Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 9:23 pm

Y2J X wrote:
^Death Note's pretty good, based off the one/two episode(s) I saw. It's nothing I could get into full time though.

"Death Note" is the best anime i've seen, by far. You should really watch it. It has 2 seasons (37 episodes in a whole) and it's just so unique. Recommend Wink I think you'll like it full time. You get pretty hooked after a couple episodes.

Y2J X wrote:
Never heard of the other two, Gantz at the very least, seems pretty entertaining.

"Gantz" is pretty cool, also pretty unique. It has a nice plot and gets your adrenaline sorta going. (2 seasons, 26 episodes)

Y2J X wrote:
Elfen Lied seems pretty damn stupid and boring to me. Not that the concept of an anime has to be brillant to be enjoyable, as some are pretty ridiculous, but I have no interest in ever watching that one.

"Elfen Lied" is actually pretty cool (1 season, 13 episodes). It's really interesting if you look at it as more than just an anime. I can't really explain. By the plot summary I posted it sounds like some sort of alien revenge, but it's really not. Maybe this bit of info, taken off Wiki, and which is really true, might get you more interested:

"Elfen Lied involves themes of social alienation, identity, prejudice, revenge, abuse, jealousy, regret and the value of 'humanity'. The series employs graphic violence and nudity. (...) ADV Films said the series was one of their bestselling and "most notorious" releases of 2005."

I think it's Rated R, btw

Last edited by Guilha on Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
[SM]The Supreme One[SM]
Heat Wrestler
Heat Wrestler

Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 9:29 pm

lol, flex only 37 episodes of deathnote.... Naruto had over 150 I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
Affy
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Affy

Male Number of posts : 810
Registration date : 2010-02-15

Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 10:02 pm

I like pokemon
Back to top Go down
Guilha
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
Guilha

Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 10:05 pm

[SM]The Supreme One[SM] wrote:
lol, flex only 37 episodes of deathnote.... Naruto had over 150 I'm sure.
Well, Doraemon has over 2000 episodes, doesn't make it the best anime ever ...

Death Note is pretty epic, to be honest .. glad it's that short though, it shouldnt be any more stretched, it has perfect size and it's an anime a person can easily follow, not those animes that have hundreds of episodes that no one watches the anime fully (unless you're a geek for that particular anime and have downloaded those hundred of episodes and have the patience to watch them all), and full of generic love stories and past stuff.
Back to top Go down
[SM]The Supreme One[SM]
Heat Wrestler
Heat Wrestler

Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 10:08 pm

^^ GO watch Naruto, its pretty Unique...About a noisy ninja Razz
Back to top Go down
Guilha
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
Guilha

Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 10:47 pm

^ I've watched like 4 or 5 episodes , a friend of mine likes it .. it's okay, tops, not captivating, especially not with it having like 160 episodes .. would never watch it all
Back to top Go down
[SM]The Supreme One[SM]
Heat Wrestler
Heat Wrestler

Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 11:36 pm

Flex don't you get that feeling like 'I never want it to finish?'. I was vexed when I finished watching the second season of Merlin cause there wasn't any more, at least for now... So yeah, its awesome that Naruto has all those episodes, always something to look forward to. IT IS CAPTIVATING IF YOU WATCH IT FROM FIRST EPISODE. It is a built up story, you'll never get any story without first episodes, I'm sure Y2J will agree
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 3:24 am

Guilha wrote:
Y2J X wrote:
^Death Note's pretty good, based off the one/two episode(s) I saw. It's nothing I could get into full time though.

"Death Note" is the best anime i've seen, by far. You should really watch it. It has 2 seasons (37 episodes in a whole) and it's just so unique. Recommend Wink I think you'll like it full time. You get pretty hooked after a couple episodes.

Y2J X wrote:
Never heard of the other two, Gantz at the very least, seems pretty entertaining.

"Gantz" is pretty cool, also pretty unique. It has a nice plot and gets your adrenaline sorta going. (2 seasons, 26 episodes)

Y2J X wrote:
Elfen Lied seems pretty damn stupid and boring to me. Not that the concept of an anime has to be brillant to be enjoyable, as some are pretty ridiculous, but I have no interest in ever watching that one.

"Elfen Lied" is actually pretty cool (1 season, 13 episodes). It's really interesting if you look at it as more than just an anime. I can't really explain. By the plot summary I posted it sounds like some sort of alien revenge, but it's really not. Maybe this bit of info, taken off Wiki, and which is really true, might get you more interested:

"Elfen Lied involves themes of social alienation, identity, prejudice, revenge, abuse, jealousy, regret and the value of 'humanity'. The series employs graphic violence and nudity. (...) ADV Films said the series was one of their bestselling and "most notorious" releases of 2005."

I think it's Rated R, btw

Well, my favorite show of all-time is an anime (Dragon Ball Z), so thinking of something more as an anime doesn't really make too much of a difference. I don't know why, but it still doesn't interest me, I might check out Gantz, and could further watch Death Note.

Affy wrote:
I like pokemon

Pokémon was amesome during the first six hundred or so episodes, when it was focused on Ash, Brock, and Misty. However, after those days, I stopped caring about it.

Flex don't you get that feeling like 'I never want it to finish?'. I was vexed when I finished watching the second season of Merlin cause there wasn't any more, at least for now... So yeah, its awesome that Naruto has all those episodes, always something to look forward to. IT IS CAPTIVATING IF YOU WATCH IT FROM FIRST EPISODE. It is a built up story, you'll never get any story without first episodes, I'm sure Y2J will agree

Well, I know what was going to happen because I read the manga (Shonen Jump) first, but yeah, basically. They had quite a few filler episodes, that really pissed me off. Loved Naruto, though. Kick ass show.
Back to top Go down
Guilha
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
Guilha

Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 8:01 am

And no, I actually never had that feeling, because stretching Death Note any further would just ruin it. It has no filler episodes, it's all pure thrilling action with an awesome plot that needs no further extension. Only thing that it's a shame was never clarified is what happens to Yagami after he dies (dies in the last episode), since the person who uses the Death Note cannot either go to Heaven or Hell.
Back to top Go down
Bastard
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Bastard

Male Number of posts : 1194
Registration date : 2009-08-07

Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 9:19 pm

#1 Afro Samurai - Samurai, kills lotsa guys, sexes lass (So it turns into hentai at some point I suppose minus the usual tentacle rape), kills dude who killed his dad, nice bloody animated fun with Samuel Jackson.

#2 Death Note
#3 One Piece Pirates with superpowers due to eating fruit... it's so shit it's awesome.

@ Flex, find the director's cut episode only released in Japan, Light (possibly) becomes a Shinigami: (Description from the wiki):
1. Wears a coat like the one Light was wearing when he died.
2. Walks up stairs to meet Ryuk, which, Light was doing when he died.
3. Has the same evil smile Light makes when he is thinking of something evil.
4. Light's red tie is wrapped around his head
5. The Shinigami walks into a bright flash of light at the top of the stairs
6. The fact that he knows Ryuk likes apples without hearing it from other Shinigami
7. The limp portrayed whilst walking is the same as the limp Light had when running from the warehouse
8. He does not stay to hear the end of Ryuk's story and is very interested
in the Human world but leaves before he hears the end. If he were Light
he knows how it ends and doesn't want to hear it.
9. He carries a "scythe", much like Light does is some of the artwork portraying him
10. The fact that Ryuk says "Light" as the Shinigami leaves
11. Light is seen in the Shinigami Realm during the second opening theme
12. He tosses the apple at Ryuk in the same mannerism as he did when he were alive.
Back to top Go down
[SM]The Supreme One[SM]
Heat Wrestler
Heat Wrestler

Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 9:22 pm

Wait!! Flex Death Note ain't that unique cause Ichigo (Bleach) is a shinigama
Back to top Go down
Bastard
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Bastard

Male Number of posts : 1194
Registration date : 2009-08-07

Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 9:31 pm

I thought he was a Soul Reaper :S
Ah whatever, never paid that much attention in all honesty to Bleach.
Back to top Go down
Guilha
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
Guilha

Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 10:19 pm

YeaI'mTheKane wrote:
@ Flex, find the director's cut episode only released in Japan, Light (possibly) becomes a Shinigami: (Description from the wiki):
1. Wears a coat like the one Light was wearing when he died.
2. Walks up stairs to meet Ryuk, which, Light was doing when he died.
3. Has the same evil smile Light makes when he is thinking of something evil.
4. Light's red tie is wrapped around his head
5. The Shinigami walks into a bright flash of light at the top of the stairs
6. The fact that he knows Ryuk likes apples without hearing it from other Shinigami
7. The limp portrayed whilst walking is the same as the limp Light had when running from the warehouse
8. He does not stay to hear the end of Ryuk's story and is very interested
in the Human world but leaves before he hears the end. If he were Light
he knows how it ends and doesn't want to hear it.
9. He carries a "scythe", much like Light does is some of the artwork portraying him
10. The fact that Ryuk says "Light" as the Shinigami leaves
11. Light is seen in the Shinigami Realm during the second opening theme
12. He tosses the apple at Ryuk in the same mannerism as he did when he were alive.

yeah, I know, i've seen it, but, like, if we knew for sure it was him, it'd be cooler Razz

Wait!! Flex Death Note ain't that unique cause Ichigo (Bleach) is a shinigama

Shad, a Shinigami is simply a Death God, I'm guessing many animes must have them, not just "Death Note" or "Bleach" .... Death Note's plot, though, is unique Wink
Back to top Go down
Schiffer
Dark Match Wrestler
Dark Match Wrestler
Schiffer

Male Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2010-03-06

Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 7:11 am

I like any anime that's insanely batshit crazy. Like One Piece for actually having a story, Yu Yu Hakusho for being a classic shonen anime, and Gurren Lagann for being so over-the-top and manly that it makes people grow hair just by saying its name.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 7:15 am

I do not watch Anime and really ... really hate it. Yet Dragon Ball Z [Not the rest] was THE SHIT. I bought Season 1,3,4,5 and 6 on DVD and such great memories. Poke'mon was great as well.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 7:31 am

Schiffer wrote:
I like any anime that's insanely batshit crazy. Like One Piece for actually having a story, Yu Yu Hakusho for being a classic shonen anime, and Gurren Lagann for being so over-the-top and manly that it makes people grow hair just by saying its name.

Never heard of Gurren Lagann, doesn't seem that interesting. One Piece is alright, the manga. The anime sucked, but I'm sure it's because the dub and censorship that I saw was just awful.

Ari Gold wrote:
I do not watch Anime and really ... really hate it. Yet Dragon Ball Z [Not the rest] was THE SHIT. I bought Season 1,3,4,5 and 6 on DVD and such great memories. Poke'mon was great as well.

Hell yeah, DBZ > every other anime in exsistence. Pokémon was great at first, but it turned to complete crap in later seasons (I loved it at first).

Have you ever seen Yu Yu Hakusho? It's kind of like DBZ, at least most people who enjoy DBZ (and that does include those who don't enjoy other anime) seem to like Yu Yu Hakusho and vise versa. Of course, I'm sure there are people who don't fit that mold, kind of assuming you wouldn't fit it but still.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 7:33 am

I'll check it out definitely.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 7:40 am

^Okay. Before you do, unlike DBZ (which jumps into it), Yu Yu Hakusho takes quite a while to get into the fighting and all that, so I wouldn't neccessarily start at the beginning. I think it takes like, six episodes of just getting to how Yusuke becomes spirit detective (it's no weirder than the plot and DBZ so...), so I definitely would suggest starting some point elsewhere within the story. I think about episode fourteen they start my favorite portion of the SD (spirit detective) arc. According to wiki, that part is only eight episodes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anime
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next