chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who Is The Next Face Of WWE?

Go down 
+6
doctorcube
Sydney Aradi
Tiff
Bastard
EdgeHead
IAmRuffles[Original]
10 posters
AuthorMessage
IAmRuffles[Original]
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
IAmRuffles[Original]

Male Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Who Is The Next Face Of WWE? Empty
PostSubject: Who Is The Next Face Of WWE?   Who Is The Next Face Of WWE? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 9:14 pm

It was Austin, then perhaps The Rock, It Flipped a few times to the collaborated DX, now its SuperCena, Who do you think is going to 'take over the torch'? Perhaps Orton, with his long reigns and his viper like persona, perhaps it'll be Kofi with his fun loving, Jamaican attitude, Or the Miz? If they give him a strong enough push that is.

Who Is Your Pick?

Who Is The Next Face Of WWE? Stone-cold-showing-his-trade-mark-of-fingers

Who Is The Next Face Of WWE? The_rock

Who Is The Next Face Of WWE? DX_1194910174

Who Is The Next Face Of WWE? Cenaretainsiq21_crop_340x234

Who Next.
Back to top Go down
http://www.WWE.com
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Next Face Of WWE?   Who Is The Next Face Of WWE? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 12:12 am

I think as long as John Cena is in the picture, he'll be the face of WWE no matter what because of his massive popularity with the younger audience. To a more mature audience though, I think Randy Orton could fill that role to the moment. The Miz could also fill it in the future, but he's not there yet. Once he'll get a couple of main event programs under his belt, we'll see what he's capable of. But since he seems dedicated to promote WWE the best he can, just like John Cena did in the past, I think The Miz has a bright future in the company.
Back to top Go down
Bastard
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Bastard

Male Number of posts : 1194
Registration date : 2009-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Next Face Of WWE?   Who Is The Next Face Of WWE? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 7:17 am

Nick Dinsmore (once they rehire him).
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Next Face Of WWE?   Who Is The Next Face Of WWE? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 11:15 pm

I'd like to read your explanation for that 'cause I don't see it.
Back to top Go down
Tiff
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
Tiff

Female Number of posts : 1929
Registration date : 2007-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Next Face Of WWE?   Who Is The Next Face Of WWE? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 6:53 am

I wouldn't say John is the only face of the WWE right now, and I don't think Randy will be the 'next'. Both of them are huge stars at the minute, which I see lasting for most of their careers... but if it didn't, then I'd definitely say guys like The Miz, Ted DiBiase, Drew McIntyre and Sheamus have a great chance of taking the torch.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwe.com
Bastard
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Bastard

Male Number of posts : 1194
Registration date : 2009-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Next Face Of WWE?   Who Is The Next Face Of WWE? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 11:47 am

EdgeHead wrote:
I'd like to read your explanation for that 'cause I don't see it.

Because WWE have made quite a few retarded decisions (though admittedly they've gotten a hell of a lot better as of late) and so Eugene works rather well with that image.
Back to top Go down
Sydney Aradi
Wrestling Fan
Wrestling Fan
Sydney Aradi

Female Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Next Face Of WWE?   Who Is The Next Face Of WWE? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 4:41 pm

Randy Orton, because he is popular with older wrestling fans and he has a mean streak to him that SuperCena just doesn't have.
Back to top Go down
doctorcube
Dark Match Wrestler
Dark Match Wrestler

Male Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Next Face Of WWE?   Who Is The Next Face Of WWE? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 7:38 pm

if Cena went heel then I'd say "cena will not stop being the face of the WWE"

I want to say Bryan Danielson but WWE is a personality driven company and his personality, and I don't think Danielson's gimmick will go far in the WWE though I hope I'm wrong about this.

honestly I think Wade Barrett could be a great face for the WWE, he's got a lot of charisma, great mic skills, and he's huge and as we all know: Vince is gay for giant muscledudes. He can go far in the WWE if he had the merchandise market and some good rivalries. I'd like to see him work with Sheamus and Orton a lot more, or maybe with Edge.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Next Face Of WWE?   Who Is The Next Face Of WWE? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 12:31 am

In Danielson's case, I see where you're getting at but Danielson's situation is quite unusual, when you think about it. We know WWE is all about gimmicks and character and mic skills and what makes Danielson stand out at the moment, it's the fact that he's kinda like the average guy you'd see every day while doing your grocery shopping, except he's extremely well-versed in submissions and can you make you cry uncle if you piss him off. That's not even something a wrestler as fantastic as Chris Benoit was ever had. Vince seems to be really high on Danielson anyway so I wouldn't rule out a major push for him very soon.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Next Face Of WWE?   Who Is The Next Face Of WWE? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 1:15 am

It is too soon to start talking "next" because Cena and Orton are both still in their prime and both will be a part of the WWE for the next decade or more.

Bryan is in the middle of a good push if you think about it. He went from fired to US Champion very quickly and he has had several excellent PPV and TV matches recently.

If I were to name a "next", it would be The Miz. He is breaking out right now and I don't think that there has been anyone to work the mic like he does, since The Rock. I say he is next, but WWE has several that could be next. Sheamus, McIntrye, Morrison, Bryan, or even Kofi and hopefully Kaval.
Back to top Go down
doctorcube
Dark Match Wrestler
Dark Match Wrestler

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Next Face Of WWE?   Who Is The Next Face Of WWE? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 8:56 am

EdgeHead wrote:
In Danielson's case, I see where you're getting at but Danielson's situation is quite unusual, when you think about it. We know WWE is all about gimmicks and character and mic skills and what makes Danielson stand out at the moment, it's the fact that he's kinda like the average guy you'd see every day while doing your grocery shopping, except he's extremely well-versed in submissions and can you make you cry uncle if you piss him off. That's not even something a wrestler as fantastic as Chris Benoit was ever had. Vince seems to be really high on Danielson anyway so I wouldn't rule out a major push for him very soon.

I'm not faulting Danielson's submission wrestling, He and Regal are two of my favorite in-ring workers because of their vast submission arsenal, and when Benoit was still around you know he had me glued to the TV. I'm faulting WWE because of it's focus on gimmicks and production values over match quality. Granted WWE Superstars put on house shows for most days of the week and their extensive touring schedule takes up most of their time so I can understand them not being able to put on PPV quality matches every show...

your point on his everyman gimmick and persona is correct though, it creates a great balance for him. He said it best during his promo with the Miz: "I'm kinda the Anti-Superstar". But I feel that gimmick needs a louder Miz-style gimmick to really work, it's like when Benoit fought Steve Austin and the entire point of their feud was that stone could didn't wrestle and indeed Austin is a shitty wrestler. I digress though, Vince is giving him a good push but I don't know if Danielson has what it takes to be the face of the WWE in it's current form and mindset, however I do hope that either I'm wrong or that WWE starts bringing out a more talent-based product opposed to the gimmick based stuff we've been seeing.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Next Face Of WWE?   Who Is The Next Face Of WWE? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 2:55 pm

I enjoy Bryan's self-depricating style. He sorta mocks himself, along with over the top superstars like Miz, but then he kicks their ass.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Next Face Of WWE?   Who Is The Next Face Of WWE? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 1:01 am

I think this is where I'd wish that we could've seen the 1996 version of Goldust feuding with Bryan today. This would be a perfect example of what doctorcube was stating with the clash of the personalities.

Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Next Face Of WWE?   Who Is The Next Face Of WWE? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 2:07 am

Goldust is still weird and would clash with anyone. He dry humps the Million Dollar Belt for god sake.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Next Face Of WWE?   Who Is The Next Face Of WWE? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 5:01 am

Ziggler
Sheamus
Bryan
Barrett
Back to top Go down
doctorcube
Dark Match Wrestler
Dark Match Wrestler

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Next Face Of WWE?   Who Is The Next Face Of WWE? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 3:56 pm

announce team of Taz/Foley/JBL teaming with Barrett = I came. props for JBL/Barrett since they've got both such deep manly voices but such different accents and such powerful personalities.

Sheamus VS Drew feud, they were the main event on FCW and they put on a pretty good match against each other, it'd be a good springboard to get drew into the main event and a good way to steal the show from blandly orton and the super cena

Ziggler/Rhodes = WHY THE FUCK HAVEN'T THEY TEAMED YET?! We got two guys who wear tight tights and have reputations as pretty boys. On top of that they both are remarkably skilled, Cody's got an exceptionally bright future with his Dashing gimmick and Dolph has been put over Kane before due to his mat skills and sleeper hold. I can easily see the two of them teaming up and becoming a memorable tag team if used well.

most of Nexus has potential, albeit not a lot on their own. If they gave Darren Young a push when he was kicked from Nexus, maybe teaming him up with Danielson and giving them a part in the nexus VS WWE angle. Kofi is too silly in my opinion, he's a great competitor and I can see him having a great career (Kofi VS Kaval = more kicks than jet li's career) but I cannot see him really becoming the "Face" of the WWE.

I am clearly the face of the WWE. I am Doctor Cube, the motherfucking Doctor of Danger. I'm like Cena only I have my haters gassed and ground into mulch which is used to fertilize my petunia garden.
Back to top Go down
I Am Rocco
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler
I Am Rocco

Male Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2010-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Next Face Of WWE?   Who Is The Next Face Of WWE? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 5:41 pm

Ziggler has impressed me so much as of late , reminds me of Mr Perfect.
Barret, Bryan, and Miz, the obvious basically.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Next Face Of WWE?   Who Is The Next Face Of WWE? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 6:35 pm

The very first time I saw Dolph wrestle, I thought of Mr Perfect. Not only do the have the same look, Dolph is also a great wrestler. I wanted to see Dolph go over Rey so bad last year and I was very excited when he finally won the IC Title. I also think that Dolph would work great as a face as well.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Next Face Of WWE?   Who Is The Next Face Of WWE? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 9:19 pm

Concrete Jesus wrote:
The very first time I saw Dolph wrestle, I thought of Mr Perfect

You thought of Mr Perfect when you first saw The Spirit Squad wrestle? ... Really?
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Next Face Of WWE?   Who Is The Next Face Of WWE? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 11:04 pm

No, when I saw Dolph Ziggler, not Nicky!! or even Nick Nemith. I have been watching Nemith for years, since he started out in OVW.
Back to top Go down
doctorcube
Dark Match Wrestler
Dark Match Wrestler

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Next Face Of WWE?   Who Is The Next Face Of WWE? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 1:41 pm

I was a bit more skeptical at first about dolph, when he had his "I say my name to everyone" gimmick... It was when he put on a match with Kane and busted out his extreme mat wrestling skills that I started to see him really appearing as a potential face for the WWE, also his match with danielson at Night of Champions... I suddenly started to think of him as an entirely new person.
Back to top Go down
/wooo/
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler
/wooo/

Male Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2009-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Next Face Of WWE?   Who Is The Next Face Of WWE? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 3:36 am

It's still Cena's time.

But they seem to be pushing Orton to be exactly that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who Is The Next Face Of WWE?   Who Is The Next Face Of WWE? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who Is The Next Face Of WWE?
Page 1 of 1