chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Breaking News: WWE Star Released Today

Go down 
+2
Concrete Jesus
EdgeHead
6 posters
AuthorMessage
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Breaking News: WWE Star Released Today Empty
PostSubject: Breaking News: WWE Star Released Today   Breaking News: WWE Star Released Today Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 11:51 pm

- WWE announced today that Matt Hardy has been officially released from the company. Their statement reads:

"WWE has come to terms on the release of Matt Hardy, effective as of October 15, 2010. WWE wishes Matt Hardy the best in his future endeavors.:

WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross commented on the situation, writing on Twitter:

"WWE has come to terms on the release of Matt Hardy. Know no details just that fact. Good luck to Matt. Probably best 4 all involved."
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: WWE Star Released Today   Breaking News: WWE Star Released Today Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 1:32 pm

Thank God. I am so tired of seeing Matt's stupid little Tweets and seeing him bitch about WWE. Now he can go to TNA and do what TNA does best and that is stuff the WWE has already done. Except TNA will do it in a much less entertaining way.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: WWE Star Released Today   Breaking News: WWE Star Released Today Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 4:16 pm

Not really breaking news, this was bound to happen. Anyways, I always wished Matt would get a big push, but seeing as it appears he probably wouldn't of won another championship in WWE, I'm more than fine with this. Although, I'm definitely not going to be following his career anymore.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: WWE Star Released Today   Breaking News: WWE Star Released Today Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 6:01 pm

You don't have to follow it, I will tell you how it is going to go. Think of The Hardy Boys in the WWE. Now, think of that if it was absolute shit. That is what his TNA career will be like.
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

Male Number of posts : 4927
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: WWE Star Released Today   Breaking News: WWE Star Released Today Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 6:05 pm

I hope he goes to TNA and beats heel Jeff for the World Title. That would be a really cool angle.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: WWE Star Released Today   Breaking News: WWE Star Released Today Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 6:50 pm

I was actually thinking it would be cool to see The Hardy Boys as a heel tag team, but that is just me and it might be cool, if it wasn't in TNA.
Back to top Go down
Bastard
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Bastard

Male Number of posts : 1194
Registration date : 2009-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: WWE Star Released Today   Breaking News: WWE Star Released Today Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 12:47 pm

Concrete Jesus wrote:
You don't have to follow it, I will tell you how it is going to go. Think of The Hardy Boys in the WWE. Now, think of that if it was absolute shit. That is what his TNA career will be like.

This implies that it wasn't absolute shit in WWE. :P
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: WWE Star Released Today   Breaking News: WWE Star Released Today Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 2:43 pm

The Hardy's always entertained me when they did something crazy with a ladder or got put through a table. Other then that, not so much.
Back to top Go down
I Am Rocco
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler
I Am Rocco

Male Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2010-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: WWE Star Released Today   Breaking News: WWE Star Released Today Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 3:00 pm

Would really like to see him in TNA, where he can get the chance to be himself and not some corporate created character.

just a matter of time before we see him in TNA and I think it would be a great thing, you cant deny that he has a massive following and a show off with Jeff would be great as I think it would be done so much better than it has been done already before in WWE (thats if they go for a face matt hardy).

Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: WWE Star Released Today   Breaking News: WWE Star Released Today Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 7:20 pm

He has a huge following, but has done anything in a wrestling ring, worth speaking of, since he lost the US Championship. To blame that all on the WWE is not fair. They gave him a chance when he had that feud with Jeff and the fans did not react to him that well. I am glad he is gone from WWE because I am tired of seeing his tweets. Now it is time for him to prove that he is better then the WWE let him be, but I don't see it. TNA is terrible right now and will he make them better? No way, because the problem is Bisch and Hogan ripping off what they did in WCW. We have seen this "hostile take over" by Bisch and Hogan before, it was called the NWO and there is nothing orginal about what they are doing. Not only is not orginal, it is not even a cool remake of a successful angle. It is complete bullshit and Matt Hardy can't do anything about that. All he can do is show up there in 90 days and be a part of it.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: WWE Star Released Today   Breaking News: WWE Star Released Today Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 10:48 pm

I think the reason why Matt vs Jeff didn't work is because somehow, there was some sort of disparity in terms of talent and charisma between both guys. Also, the way the first time they turned him heel, there wasn't really anything other than Jeff making a stupid decision in the Cage Match to unify the WCW and WWF Tag Team Championships at Survivor Series. If you look at how it began for Bret and Owen Hart in 1993, it evolved in a couple of months up from Bret causing Owen's elimination at the Survivor Series until the Harts lost at the Royal Rumble to the Quebecers with Owen kicking Bret in his injured knee and having a temper tantrum. Fans would really think that there was a genuine hatred between Bret and Owen and that added a lot to the feud and that's what drove WWF in 1994. With Matt and Jeff, it just fell flat on both occasions they had a PPV showdown (Vengeance 2001 and Wrestlemania 25). When you think about the fact that Vince almost thought of getting rid of the Hardys following the disaster at Vengeance, who knows if Matt and Jeff (well, at least Jeff) would be today.

My point is that truth be told, Matt Hardy is a good worker but not great. I don't see him breaking the singles glass ceiling, wherever he'll go. Reuniting Matt and Jeff Hardy in TNA would generate some buzz like Team 3D did when they started with TNA, feuding with AMW over the TNA World Tag Team Championship, but I still believe that because of his more massive following, the result would still be Jeff Hardy being more valuable to TNA than Matt Hardy. I'm sure that Bischoff & Hogan will definitely try to get their hands on Matt Hardy, especially with everything that leaked between Matt Hardy and WWE creative in the last couple of weeks and they'll try to milk stuff as much as they can out of it. However, if this fails, it's gonna be extremely hard for Matt Hardy to get an enviable spot on the TNA roster for the foreseeable future.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: WWE Star Released Today   Breaking News: WWE Star Released Today Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 10:55 pm

Also, I think they went away from the heel turn way too quickly. At Mania and Backlash, they wanted to destroy each other, but just weeks later, Matt was apologizing and talking about how important family is blah blah blah. The dude burned down Jeff's house for god sake and then they make up 6 months later? Really? Since Jeff's time in the WWE was coming to an end anyway, they should have had Matt be invovled in ending Jeff's WWE career. If you recall, Jeff's last WWE match was the Steel Cage Match, for the WHC. Matt could have A. cause him to lose the match and his WWE career or B. given Jeff a beat down after he lost the match and his WWE career.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: WWE Star Released Today   Breaking News: WWE Star Released Today Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 11:21 pm

That would've been a good way to make Matt still relevant in the picture. Even when he was in the Cruiserweight division with the Mattitude gimmick, he was often given opportunities to work on parallel angles and he always did well. I remember him having a few matches on Smackdown with Brock Lesnar or The Undertaker (sorry, can't remember for the life of me which one was face at that period of time) and he was fun to watch. I don't know why in the hell they didn't keep up with the gimmick, giving it a little tweek to make it more actual. It worked; why giving it up?
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: WWE Star Released Today   Breaking News: WWE Star Released Today Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 1:15 am

Well, around that time, he had matches against both Taker and Brock, on SD. It was pretty much him getting his ass beat and then throwing his MFer in there to get his ass beat, but it was fun. Matt Hardy was actually part of the ruse that allowed Brock to break Taker's hand, before their HIAC match. Matt went from being malled by Brock to be part of the team in a way. I don't really know why they dropped it, but maybe they should have picked it up again when Matt turned on Jeff. Matt and Jeff eventually found their way back to each other and won the tag titles in 07. I guess that they had to drop the Mattitude thing in order for that to happen. I think they should have made that feud happen after the brand split and the Mattitude thing started up. I am remembering a PPV where Jeff lost his match and had a confrontation with Matt back stage. Matt told him that he needed some "Mattitude" and maybe then he would stop losing matches. Then, Jeff slapped the taste out of Matt's mouth and walked away. Those Mattitude facts were sooooo annoying, they made me always want to see him get his ass whipped. Smile

That whole "who attacked Jeff" thing would have worked out better if it had been Christian behind that stuff. I read that idea was scrapped because it had already spread throughout the net and they wanted the angle to surprise people. I was surprised, but it ultimately fell flat.
Back to top Go down
I Am Rocco
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler
I Am Rocco

Male Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2010-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: WWE Star Released Today   Breaking News: WWE Star Released Today Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 12:36 pm

"Everything done in the wrestling biz is a variation of something that already has been done before"
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: WWE Star Released Today   Breaking News: WWE Star Released Today Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 1:00 pm

A variation yes, but they are doing exactly the same thing. It isn't even an old angle with a new spin on it. It is a blatant and obvious rip off of WCW. They even used the same verbage to describe what is happening. Bisch called it a "hostile takeover" which is what he called the nWo when that went down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: WWE Star Released Today   Breaking News: WWE Star Released Today Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Breaking News: WWE Star Released Today
Page 1 of 1