chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Japanese Wrestling better then American Wrestling?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Yoda
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
Yoda

Male Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Japanese Wrestling better then American Wrestling? Empty
PostSubject: Japanese Wrestling better then American Wrestling?   Japanese Wrestling better then American Wrestling? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 4:27 am

sunny

Now I have been wondering this for a while. I have heard that wrestling is big over in the land of the rising sun. I also heard that Japanese wrestling focuses more on completion then the entertainment aspect even though there is some entertainment in it. Wrestling in America always seems like everyone knows it's staged and enjoys the silly little things like Hornswoggle taking a ride on the Ho Train and the divas prancing around in their half naked clothes.

If you noticed, I noticed this from playing Fire Pro Wrestling Returns (game that came from Japan) that woman in their culture of wrestling are more about completion then being a complete whore and showing off their bodies like they are meat to hungry connivers. They make wrestling look real and makes you believe it's real. You feel like these athletics are seriously fighting and hurting each other. This is cool and this is great for the franchise. Instead of America where everyones knows it's staged. So what do you think, is Japanese wrestling better then that you will find in American wrestling?
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwe.com
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

Male Number of posts : 4927
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Wrestling better then American Wrestling?   Japanese Wrestling better then American Wrestling? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 4:54 am

Yes, the actual wrestling is Japan is superior to the US. It's hard hitting and more action packed. The wrestlers in Japan generally have larger movesets than Americans. But the overall product is better in the states. The storylines and gimmicks are better and the wrestlers have more psychology in their matches. It all depends on which you prefer sports entertainment (US) or pro wrestling (Japan).
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Wrestling better then American Wrestling?   Japanese Wrestling better then American Wrestling? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 11:43 am

Just so you know, the debate league runs a little differently than the other parts of this board. If you want to join up, just take a look at some of the rules.

And to respond to your post, I think the Japanese fans are generally smarter wrestling wise. Every country and culture value different thing, and in America, that would be more generally entertainment.
Back to top Go down
Yoda
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
Yoda

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Wrestling better then American Wrestling?   Japanese Wrestling better then American Wrestling? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 1:26 am

Well Japan always seems to be doing everything right. They always have original ideas for video games instead of releasing a rehashed version of the same sporting games. Anime is really cool, although it has to be really good like Blood Plus. Not to mention wrestling, I seriously want to visit Japan before I die. The United Kingdom and Canada are also on my list as well.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Wrestling better then American Wrestling?   Japanese Wrestling better then American Wrestling? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 1:29 am

It does seem like a very nice place to visit, probably not to live there and work though. Talk about overworked...yeesh.
Back to top Go down
Yoda
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
Yoda

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Wrestling better then American Wrestling?   Japanese Wrestling better then American Wrestling? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 4:25 am

Well it will probably be better then all of the crap going on in the United States at the moment. I also want to visit Canada and Britain as well. Britain is an older more experience nation and they know exactly what to do with their government at the time even though they did have some troubles in the past.
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Wrestling better then American Wrestling?   Japanese Wrestling better then American Wrestling? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 4:29 am

Britain is pretty awesome, apart from the lousy weather and the way stuff comes out way later over here.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Wrestling better then American Wrestling?   Japanese Wrestling better then American Wrestling? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 12:34 pm

Ahhh, yes. Britain, the land of no dentists Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Wrestling better then American Wrestling?   Japanese Wrestling better then American Wrestling? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 1:46 pm

Hey, that's not true lol!
Back to top Go down
ladymahogany
The Legend
The Legend
ladymahogany

Female Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Wrestling better then American Wrestling?   Japanese Wrestling better then American Wrestling? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 7:52 pm

I loved England when I visited. I haven't had the pleasure of traveling to Japan but I've wanted to pretty much my whole life.

Back on topic a little, which Japanese promotion do you think is the best? I've never seen any so if anyone has recommendations for youtube and dailymotion, let me know. And can MF or anyone else explain what you mean by more psychology in the matches?[/img]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Wrestling better then American Wrestling?   Japanese Wrestling better then American Wrestling? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Japanese Wrestling better then American Wrestling?
Page 1 of 1