chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

John Cena Future Hall of Famer?

Go down 
+5
Ex-Mattitude Follower
donbozzini
babaganoosh
ladymahogany
Yoda
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Yoda
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
Yoda

Male Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2007-10-06

John Cena Future Hall of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: John Cena Future Hall of Famer?   John Cena Future Hall of Famer? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 12:32 am

In years time, does anyone think John Cena deserves to be in the Hall of Fame? I am beginning to think he probably does, remember he was a rising star within one year. Held both the WWE and US championships. Who knows what more he will accomplish in his future career. Do not forgot that he defeated both members of Degeneration X and other legendary superstars. I think Cena is a legend in his own right.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwe.com
ladymahogany
The Legend
The Legend
ladymahogany

Female Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: John Cena Future Hall of Famer?   John Cena Future Hall of Famer? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 1:00 am

He would have to do a lot and I mean A LOT to improve just about everything about himself as a wrestler for me to think he was a legend.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: John Cena Future Hall of Famer?   John Cena Future Hall of Famer? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 1:58 am

You may not think he's a legend in the ring, but WWE has their own criteria for their HOF. Don't piss them off and make them money.
Back to top Go down
Yoda
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
Yoda

PostSubject: Re: John Cena Future Hall of Famer?   John Cena Future Hall of Famer? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 2:25 am

Now I realize how hard it is to view someone as a legend, but I have a feeling that someday when Cena retires. We will all look back and say that Cena truly was a legend. Of course we know who isn't going to be entering the Hall of Fame. One by the name of Chris Benoit.
Back to top Go down
ladymahogany
The Legend
The Legend
ladymahogany

Female Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: John Cena Future Hall of Famer?   John Cena Future Hall of Famer? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 2:39 am

babaganoosh wrote:
You may not think he's a legend in the ring, but WWE has their own criteria for their HOF. Don't piss them off and make them money.
Yeah that's true. I just don't think he deserves it.

Bumi wrote:
Of course we know who isn't going to be entering the Hall of Fame. One by the name of Chris Benoit.
Also true, but I understand why they aren't going to honor him. Just like babaganoosh just mentioned the business aspect of WWE, it would probably be bad for business to put him in the HOF. Whether or not he deserves it anyway is up for debate, one that I'm not getting sucked into again.
Back to top Go down
Yoda
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
Yoda

PostSubject: Re: John Cena Future Hall of Famer?   John Cena Future Hall of Famer? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 2:55 am

Well this issue is almost as similar to the "Toronto Screw Job," this was an incident that no body ever talked about and seemed taboo to even discuss it. However now, everything is being patched up. Rather not the Chris Benoit issue is going to end up like this famous incident, only time will tell. However in another decade or so, it may become a more discussed topic once the media forgets who Chris Benoit was. There will always be wrestling fans that goes back in time and watches videos and other media that has Benoit. They will probably be responsible for getting Benoit into the Hall of Fame if anything else.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: John Cena Future Hall of Famer?   John Cena Future Hall of Famer? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 1:48 pm

ladymahogany wrote:
Whether or not he deserves it anyway is up for debate, one that I'm not getting sucked into again.
Yes he does! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
donbozzini
Wrestling Student
Wrestling Student

Male Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-11-23

PostSubject: Re: John Cena Future Hall of Famer?   John Cena Future Hall of Famer? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 12:35 am

if they can et john cena in the hof they can let in hornswoggle
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

Male Number of posts : 4927
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: John Cena Future Hall of Famer?   John Cena Future Hall of Famer? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 7:17 am

donbozzini wrote:
if they can et john cena in the hof they can let in hornswoggle

Well that was a ridiculous thing to say. John Cena is pretty good on the mic, has had several very good matches against Umaga, Edge, Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho and many others. He's incredibly popular and has had three WWE Title reigns, no doubt we'll see more in the future. He's also held a World Tag Team Title and the US Title. Compare all that stuff with Hornswoggle who isn't really over and has held only the worthless Cruiserweight Title which he really didn't deserve in the place. John Cena has earned his spot and titles. He doesn't politic and is a reliable performer. One day, John Cena will be in the WWE HOF. WWE push him so much that it would stupid not too put him in there. Personally I feel that's he's not up to HOF standard but WWE's criteria is very different to mine. There's is if they pushed them loads then they qualify. Hornswoggle has had a slight push but he will never, ever be inducted into the HOF. Think how much of an insult that would be to people like Bret Hart, Dusty Rhodes and Ric Flair?
Back to top Go down
donbozzini
Wrestling Student
Wrestling Student

Male Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-11-23

PostSubject: Re: John Cena Future Hall of Famer?   John Cena Future Hall of Famer? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 7:50 am

thats your opinion
Back to top Go down
TheRealFan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
TheRealFan

Female Number of posts : 3217
Location : With Corey Taylor in his closet... And not wanting to come out. <3
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: John Cena Future Hall of Famer?   John Cena Future Hall of Famer? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 12:31 pm

John Cena is a bad wrestler and he would need to improve a lot to go into the HOF. His mic skills are okay but he pulls the same thing over and over again. He needs to reinvent himself.
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

PostSubject: Re: John Cena Future Hall of Famer?   John Cena Future Hall of Famer? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 1:57 pm

TheRealFan wrote:
John Cena is a bad wrestler and he would need to improve a lot to go into the HOF. His mic skills are okay but he pulls the same thing over and over again. He needs to reinvent himself.

*rolls eyes* no, John Cena is not as good as Chris Benoit or Triple H but he's still pretty decent in the ring. Look at his matches over the past year or so? He's had countless good matches. Cena vs. Umaga at Royal Rumble 06 was great. Edge vs. Cena at Unforgiven 06 was top notch. Cena vs. HBK on Raw and at WM24 were very good. Yes they were against good workers but that's irrelevant. He's still had way more good PPV matches than bad ones. I don't care what you say, he is a good wrestler. I agree he should reinvent himself but he doesn't need to do more to get into the HOF because WWE have pushed him so much, it would look stupid if he didn't go in. You people have to realise that the HOF is judged on how much WWE have pushed you not your wrestling ability.
Back to top Go down
TheRealFan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
TheRealFan

Female Number of posts : 3217
Location : With Corey Taylor in his closet... And not wanting to come out. <3
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: John Cena Future Hall of Famer?   John Cena Future Hall of Famer? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 9:03 am

John Cena had good matches everytime he was carried by somebody else, like HBK or Edge, who are great wrestlers. He's probably had one good match where he wasn't carried by someone and that's his match against Umaga. Except that, he's always needed somene to make him look good.
Back to top Go down
deadman 58
Wrestling Fan
Wrestling Fan

Male Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: John Cena Future Hall of Famer?   John Cena Future Hall of Famer? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 11:59 pm

John Cena is the shit hes never had to have any one make him look good
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

PostSubject: Re: John Cena Future Hall of Famer?   John Cena Future Hall of Famer? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 11:13 am

deadman 58 wrote:
John Cena is the shit hes never had to have any one make him look good

Lmao. ^ This guy need's his username changed to "Mark 58". Cena is a decent wrestler but he was carried by Chris Jericho, The Undertaker, Kurt Angle and quite a few others so much in his early years on Smackdown and Raw.
Back to top Go down
IAmRuffles[Original]
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
IAmRuffles[Original]

Male Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: John Cena Future Hall of Famer?   John Cena Future Hall of Famer? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 5:05 am

This was a dead old topic why is it brought back?
Back to top Go down
http://www.WWE.com
money
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
money

Male Number of posts : 1057
Registration date : 2008-07-10

PostSubject: Re: John Cena Future Hall of Famer?   John Cena Future Hall of Famer? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 8:00 am

RUFFLES wrote:

Yeah I agree get rid of it. (we all know Cena doesnt deserve a place yet)
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

PostSubject: Re: John Cena Future Hall of Famer?   John Cena Future Hall of Famer? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 8:03 am

RUFFLES wrote:

Because I felt like posting on it. What's wrong with restating discussion on a topic? I see no problem in reviving dead threads.

And to money, I ain't gonna delete this thread. There is no reason too.
Back to top Go down
money
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
money

Male Number of posts : 1057
Registration date : 2008-07-10

PostSubject: Re: John Cena Future Hall of Famer?   John Cena Future Hall of Famer? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 5:14 am

Now that I think of it I was wrong about the restating old topics.
Sorry Man.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: John Cena Future Hall of Famer?   John Cena Future Hall of Famer? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

John Cena Future Hall of Famer?
Page 1 of 1