chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Santino Marella On His Character, Being Taken Seriously, Maria/Beth Phoenix, More

Go down 
+5
TheWittyTwit
Bolty B
Inah
Sykesy
TheWalkingDead
9 posters
AuthorMessage
TheWalkingDead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
TheWalkingDead

Male Number of posts : 3268
Registration date : 2007-06-18

Santino Marella On His Character, Being Taken Seriously, Maria/Beth Phoenix, More Empty
PostSubject: Santino Marella On His Character, Being Taken Seriously, Maria/Beth Phoenix, More   Santino Marella On His Character, Being Taken Seriously, Maria/Beth Phoenix, More Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 2:20 pm

New Zealand's NZPWI has a new interview online with WWE Intercontinental Champion Santino Marella. Below are some of the highlights:

The Santino Marella character: "It evolved very naturally. You know, they say every good character, the real person must be there. Like “Stone Cold” Steve Austin, Undertaker, Batista… you meet these people, you realise man, this is like the guy on TV. And, that’s like me! Big mouth!"

When asked if it was frustrating playing a comedy character: "Nope. Not at all. I have an intense Judo background, and when the time is right, and I’m able to unleash my skills, people are going to accept it, they have to accept it, because it’s real."

On working with Maria and Beth Phoenix: "Ah, both girls are very professional, both girls are chicks, you know, they come with their goods and bads, they a little bit crazy, but, you got to love them, you know? You can’t live with them, can’t live without them, right?"

His pick for his opponent at Cyber Sunday: "Oh, good question! You see I have some unfinished business with Roddy “The Piper” but I would like to smash the Honky Tonky Man because I’m gonna beat his record. What better to pair it up with, than to beat him as well?"
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Santino Marella On His Character, Being Taken Seriously, Maria/Beth Phoenix, More Empty
PostSubject: Re: Santino Marella On His Character, Being Taken Seriously, Maria/Beth Phoenix, More   Santino Marella On His Character, Being Taken Seriously, Maria/Beth Phoenix, More Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 2:38 pm

Marella = Awesomeness

LOL i loved he he didnt stay fully in character and was funny at the same time. Good interview IMO!
Back to top Go down
Inah
Head Bitch In Charge
Head Bitch In Charge

Female Number of posts : 4534
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Santino Marella On His Character, Being Taken Seriously, Maria/Beth Phoenix, More   Santino Marella On His Character, Being Taken Seriously, Maria/Beth Phoenix, More Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 6:10 pm

"And, that’s like me! Big mouth!"

Love him.
Back to top Go down
Bolty B
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
Bolty B

Male Number of posts : 1889
Registration date : 2008-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Santino Marella On His Character, Being Taken Seriously, Maria/Beth Phoenix, More   Santino Marella On His Character, Being Taken Seriously, Maria/Beth Phoenix, More Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 6:11 pm

Santino is awesome, Santino FTW!!
Back to top Go down
TheWittyTwit
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion

Male Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2007-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Santino Marella On His Character, Being Taken Seriously, Maria/Beth Phoenix, More   Santino Marella On His Character, Being Taken Seriously, Maria/Beth Phoenix, More Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 9:25 pm

I cannot wait to see the day that Santino Marella actually begins to show us his intense Judo background... as long as he maintains his personality.

Santino Marella vs. The Rock has been my dream feud in recent months.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Santino Marella On His Character, Being Taken Seriously, Maria/Beth Phoenix, More   Santino Marella On His Character, Being Taken Seriously, Maria/Beth Phoenix, More Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 8:35 pm

Probably the only one who thinks this but, I hate Santino's character. Although, he can be funny, I don't watch WWE for a laugh, I watch it for wrestling so, I just want to see Santino's intense judo backgroundd.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Santino Marella On His Character, Being Taken Seriously, Maria/Beth Phoenix, More   Santino Marella On His Character, Being Taken Seriously, Maria/Beth Phoenix, More Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 10:19 pm

No one will actually flame you for this so don't feel bad. Personally, I always look forward to seeing Santino on TV every week because of his antics. Besides, you need a little bit of everything to make RAW good and guys with Santino's wit and sense of comedy don't come along too often
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

Male Number of posts : 4927
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Santino Marella On His Character, Being Taken Seriously, Maria/Beth Phoenix, More   Santino Marella On His Character, Being Taken Seriously, Maria/Beth Phoenix, More Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 10:28 pm

I don't hate Santino's character but it's overrated in my opinion. He gets up to some vageuly amusing antics but a lot of the humour is pretty cheap really. Sure it can get a laugh but people hype him up loads and it gets on my nerves. I don't like it when wrestlers are over praised, Jeff Hardy or Brian Kendrick for example. People rate them really highly or get all amped over them when there's plenty of wrestlers with more ability. Santino is a good character but he's not the second coming or anything close.
Back to top Go down
Bek
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
Bek

Female Number of posts : 1602
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Santino Marella On His Character, Being Taken Seriously, Maria/Beth Phoenix, More   Santino Marella On His Character, Being Taken Seriously, Maria/Beth Phoenix, More Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 10:46 pm

I love Santino's character, in my opinion, one of the best comedic heels WWE has had for a long time, but that's just my opinion.
And I like the interview, it was almost like he was half way between being in character, and not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Santino Marella On His Character, Being Taken Seriously, Maria/Beth Phoenix, More   Santino Marella On His Character, Being Taken Seriously, Maria/Beth Phoenix, More Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Santino Marella On His Character, Being Taken Seriously, Maria/Beth Phoenix, More
Page 1 of 1