chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

John Cena Talks About Orton & His Beef With The Rock (Interview)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Manu Soldier
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Manu Soldier

Male Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2009-01-15

John Cena Talks About Orton & His Beef With The Rock (Interview) Empty
PostSubject: John Cena Talks About Orton & His Beef With The Rock (Interview)   John Cena Talks About Orton & His Beef With The Rock (Interview) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 4:33 pm

World Heavyweight Champion John Cena spoke to Kevin Eck of the Baltimore Sun last week about his upcoming film "12 Rounds" (opening March 27th), The Wrestler, how [color:a8f8=#fff200! important][color:a8f8=#fff200! important]acting is different than wrestling and more. You can read the entire interview at BaltimoreSun.com. Here are some of the [color:a8f8=#fff200! important][color:a8f8=#fff200! important]wrestling-related highlights:

He and Randy Orton came up through WWE's developmental system together. Did he and Orton ever think they'd be headlining WrestleMania one day?

No. As a matter of fact, when we were in OVW, we thought we wouldn’t make it out of Kentucky. I don’t want to say we were two lost souls, but we were surrounded by talent that was one of the greatest developmental units to ever be assembled. I think WWE started the developmental system in the mid ’90s, and that class of 2000 through ’02 I think is the most successful that has ever been. We were literally just two average guys among some very gifted performers, and never once did we think we’d be headlining WrestleMania.

What doess he think about Orton’s recent work?

I’ve said this before and I said this before his – what is this, his fifth or sixth “breakout?” – that he is the best guy we’ve got. He is certainly the best performer of my generation.

About a year ago, Cena made some negative comments towards The Rock, saying he hasn't given back to the business after making it in Hollywood. Does he still have beef with The Great one and did they talk about it when he was at the Hall of Fame ceremony last year?

No. I don’t want to say that you misread it; I may have been misquoted. What I actually said, and I’ll stand true to it to this day, I don’t even care, is that here’s a guy who, when he was with the WWE, pounded his chest that he really loved the WWE, and that wasn’t the truth. The truth is that Dwayne Johnson is a great actor and I think always wanted to be an actor, and there’s nothing wrong with that. It’s like an athlete saying, “Hey, I don’t do drugs,” and then getting busted for drugs. It’s not the truth. I mean here’s a guy who said he was WWE through and through, and then the first chance to take a road to a different career path, he took it. There’s nothing wrong with that. Dwayne’s one of the nicest guys you’ll ever meet. He’s one of the hardest workers you’ll ever meet, and he certainly is a great actor. The roadblock that I have, because I certainly am in love with this business and I don’t see myself leaving it any time, is when someone says that and then leaves, it cheapens our business. If he’s going to say that, then back your word. That’s the only beef that I have and that’s what I told the people at The U.K. Sun. It just cheapens that phrase: “Oh, I love this business.” So then next time I come up and say I love this business, well, the guy before me who said that left. That doesn’t look good for me or our business.
Back to top Go down
http://combatartswrestling.forumotions.net/forum.htm
Tiff
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
Tiff

Female Number of posts : 1929
Registration date : 2007-12-19

PostSubject: Re: John Cena Talks About Orton & His Beef With The Rock (Interview)   John Cena Talks About Orton & His Beef With The Rock (Interview) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 7:56 am

Ahh, I totally agree with John on both accounts here. Randy is definitely the best thing the WWE have going nowadays, and The Rock thing.. well, I won't even get started with my thoughts on that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwe.com
Manu Soldier
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Manu Soldier

PostSubject: Re: John Cena Talks About Orton & His Beef With The Rock (Interview)   John Cena Talks About Orton & His Beef With The Rock (Interview) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 11:05 am

yh randy is the best thing at the moment
Back to top Go down
TheRealFan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
TheRealFan

Female Number of posts : 3217
Location : With Corey Taylor in his closet... And not wanting to come out. <3
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: John Cena Talks About Orton & His Beef With The Rock (Interview)   John Cena Talks About Orton & His Beef With The Rock (Interview) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 11:39 am

I have to disagree witht he Randy thing. I think Edge is the best thing the WWE has right now.
Back to top Go down
Manu Soldier
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Manu Soldier

PostSubject: Re: John Cena Talks About Orton & His Beef With The Rock (Interview)   John Cena Talks About Orton & His Beef With The Rock (Interview) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 4:35 pm

well there both good in there own way, plus one good guy wwe has is on smackdown and one on raw
Back to top Go down
TheRealFan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
TheRealFan

Female Number of posts : 3217
Location : With Corey Taylor in his closet... And not wanting to come out. <3
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: John Cena Talks About Orton & His Beef With The Rock (Interview)   John Cena Talks About Orton & His Beef With The Rock (Interview) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 4:38 pm

^Yea but Cena didn't talk about Raw or Smackdown, he said in general. That's why I disagree with what he said because I think Edge is the best in the WWE right now.
Back to top Go down
Manu Soldier
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Manu Soldier

PostSubject: Re: John Cena Talks About Orton & His Beef With The Rock (Interview)   John Cena Talks About Orton & His Beef With The Rock (Interview) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 4:41 pm

kk
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: John Cena Talks About Orton & His Beef With The Rock (Interview)   John Cena Talks About Orton & His Beef With The Rock (Interview) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

John Cena Talks About Orton & His Beef With The Rock (Interview)
Page 1 of 1