chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Men who held the ECW & NWA World Heavyweight Championship

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2467
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Men who held the ECW & NWA World Heavyweight Championship Empty
PostSubject: Men who held the ECW & NWA World Heavyweight Championship   Men who held the ECW & NWA World Heavyweight Championship Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 1:27 am

Hey guys,

Now there have been men who have held Multiple World Heavyweight Titles in different companies, but there have been several men who have held the ECW & NWA World Heavyweight Championship

Shane Douglas
Terry Funk
Raven
Rhino
Christian

Shane Douglas won the NWA World Heavyweight Championship in ECW and won the ECW World Heavyweight Championship 4 times for a combined total of 5 times

Terry Funk held the NWA World Championship (once) and that's when he def. Jack Brisco and he won the ECW World Heavyweight Championship (twice) def. Sabu and Raven for a total of 3 times

Raven held the ECW World Heavyweight Championship (twice) when he def. The Sandman on 2 ocassions and on Father's Day 2005 @ TNA's very 1st Slammiversary PPV, Raven won the NWA World Heavyweight Championship in the 2nd King of the Mountain Match @ the age of 40 when he def. AJ Styles, Abyss, Monty Brown and X-Pac Sean Waltman for a total of 3 times

Rhino has held the ECW World Heavyweight Championship (once), in fact, during the Paul Heyman Era he was the last man to hold the ECW World Heavyweight Championship and the ECW World Television Championship when he won a Unification Match when he def. The Sandman @ ECW Guilty as Charged in New York City and in 2005 @ TNA's very 1st Bound For Glory PPV, Rhino won 3 matches that night, winning the 2nd Monster's Ball, a Gauntlet Match and def. Jeff Jarrett to win the NWA World Heavyweight Championship just days after his 30th Birthday for a total of 2 times

and as for Christian, he won both belts from 2 different companies:

He won the NWA World Heavyweight Championship (twice) in TNA def. Jeff Jarrett @ Against All Odss 2006 and Final Resolution 2007 and in the WWE, he won the ECW World Heavyweight Championship (twice) def. Jack Swagger @ Backlash and Tommy Dreamer @ Night of Champions III for a total of 4 times

and that's your look @ the 5 men who have held the ECW & NWA World Heavyweight Championship

Shane Douglas, Terry Funk, Raven, Rhino and Christian

The ECW World Heavyweight Champions
Men who held the ECW & NWA World Heavyweight Championship 25-5
Men who held the ECW & NWA World Heavyweight Championship 10-3
Men who held the ECW & NWA World Heavyweight Championship 28
Men who held the ECW & NWA World Heavyweight Championship 14-1
Men who held the ECW & NWA World Heavyweight Championship 017

The NWA World Heavyweight Champions
Men who held the ECW & NWA World Heavyweight Championship 200px-ShaneDouglasNWA
Men who held the ECW & NWA World Heavyweight Championship 05-2
Men who held the ECW & NWA World Heavyweight Championship 70
Men who held the ECW & NWA World Heavyweight Championship Rhino
Men who held the ECW & NWA World Heavyweight Championship 41-2
Back to top Go down
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

Male Number of posts : 3627
Registration date : 2007-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Men who held the ECW & NWA World Heavyweight Championship   Men who held the ECW & NWA World Heavyweight Championship Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 1:32 am

I tell you, Shane Douglas is one hell of a wrestler. I really enjoyed his work. I thought Funk was good too, even though he was overlooked a lot. Raven is one of the best talkers in wrestling history, however I wasn't fond of Rhyno and Christian's runs at the belt. Maybe because they both beat ECW alumni to win them, even though Christian beat Swagger once before to get the belt. Rhyno defeated the Sandman if I am not mistaken to win his belt, either way though all these men have had impressive wrestling careers, its just a shame Vince will never induct Douglas and Raven into the WWE Hall of Fame like he did Funk.

I kind of wish Douglas would of got a long run in TNA the second time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ecw.com
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Men who held the ECW & NWA World Heavyweight Championship   Men who held the ECW & NWA World Heavyweight Championship Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 1:38 am

I don't think that Vince would ever put Douglas or Raven in. I think that he might see a spot for Taz somewhere way on down the line though.
Back to top Go down
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2467
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Men who held the ECW & NWA World Heavyweight Championship   Men who held the ECW & NWA World Heavyweight Championship Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 1:38 am

You're right about Rhino

He was the last man to unify the ECW World Heavyweight Championship and the ECW World Television Championship

and also, when Shane Douglas 1st went to NWA-TNA, he was a wrestler, but then when he got injured, he became a Backstage Interviewer on iMPACT! during the FSN Days and then during the Early Days on SPIKE TV and then, he became a manager and then when he returned, he got hurt.

But when Rhino won the NWA World Heavyweight Title from Jeff Jarrett, I was impressed and I was also impressed when Christian won the NWA World Heavyweight Championship from Jarrett as well and Raven winning the NWA World Heavyweight Championship was his lifelong dream of doing.

Now those were some guys who made history holding the ECW and NWA World Heavyweight Championship

The only thing is this:

When Terry Funk went back to WCW in the year 2000, he only won the infamous WCW Hardcore Championship and when Douglas, Raven, Rhino and Funk went to the WWE, they never held the WWE Heavyweight Championship and as for Christian, I don't know if he's going to hold the WWE Heavyweight Championship as well.

But also, Raven, Douglas and Rhino never held the WCW World Heavyweight Championship, but they did hold the WCW U.S. Heavyweight Championship.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Men who held the ECW & NWA World Heavyweight Championship   Men who held the ECW & NWA World Heavyweight Championship Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 1:40 am

I also think that Funk in the HOF was long over due.
Back to top Go down
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

Male Number of posts : 3627
Registration date : 2007-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Men who held the ECW & NWA World Heavyweight Championship   Men who held the ECW & NWA World Heavyweight Championship Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 1:44 am

Raven is a great draw as well as Christian, but unless Rhyno is brawling with someone he isn't really to entertaining.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ecw.com
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Men who held the ECW & NWA World Heavyweight Championship   Men who held the ECW & NWA World Heavyweight Championship Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 2:23 am

stl311 wrote:
Raven is a great draw as well as Christian, but unless Rhyno is brawling with someone he isn't really to entertaining.
I liked Rhino in the "hardcore" type of matches, but he really isn't very entertaining in regular/non-gimmick matches....I watched his Impact match this week and it was just blah.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Men who held the ECW & NWA World Heavyweight Championship   Men who held the ECW & NWA World Heavyweight Championship Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Men who held the ECW & NWA World Heavyweight Championship
Page 1 of 1