chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tons Of A-List Celebs Confirmed As RAW Hosts

Go down 
+6
TheWittyTwit
Ex-Mattitude Follower
StuffOfLegends
Affliction
TheRealFan
Concrete Jesus
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Tons Of A-List Celebs Confirmed As RAW Hosts Empty
PostSubject: Tons Of A-List Celebs Confirmed As RAW Hosts   Tons Of A-List Celebs Confirmed As RAW Hosts Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 11:44 pm

Quote :
Posted by: Wrestling-Radio.com

A Monday report in entertainment trade journal Variety discusses WWE's guest hosting gimmick on RAW, noting that WWE RAW has effectively become part of the "talkshow circuit" for celebrities to promote projects.

The article, which acknowledges the mainstream publicity WWE has already received for episodes featuring Jeremy Piven and Seth Green, quotes Stephanie McMahon in saying that the program raises the company's awareness in Hollywood and will hopefully translate to new viewers

The Variety report deems the program successful thus far, saying that RAW viewership is up 10% since introducing the program.

Planned to last until early next year--possibly through WrestleMania 26--the program has attracted many recognizable Hollywood and sports names. According to the article, Bob Barker, Al Sharpton, Nancy O'Dell, Floyd Mayweather and LeBron James have been booked for future episodes. Freddie Prinze, Jr. hosts Monday's edition.

Meanwhile, Pete Wentz, Ashlee Simpson, the Osbournes, Danny DeVito, Regis Philbin, Kelly Ripa, Jimmy Fallon, Rachael Ray, MC Hammer, Woody Harrelson, Serena Williams and Ashton Kutcher are all in talks to host.

A. How is getting C list "stars" goping to get viewers and B. UGH!!!!!!!!! Mad
Back to top Go down
TheRealFan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
TheRealFan

Female Number of posts : 3217
Location : With Corey Taylor in his closet... And not wanting to come out. <3
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Tons Of A-List Celebs Confirmed As RAW Hosts   Tons Of A-List Celebs Confirmed As RAW Hosts Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 9:20 am

Ewww, most of these celebs suck. Except for a few like Danny DeVito and Serena Williams. The others pretty much suck.
Back to top Go down
Affliction
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Affliction

Male Number of posts : 3093
Registration date : 2007-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Tons Of A-List Celebs Confirmed As RAW Hosts   Tons Of A-List Celebs Confirmed As RAW Hosts Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 12:21 pm

Al Sharpton? WTF. I would mark if Lebron and the Osbournes guest host. This whole guest GM thing has become the only reason I watch Raw now.
Back to top Go down
StuffOfLegends
Slim Shady
Slim Shady
StuffOfLegends

Male Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2007-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Tons Of A-List Celebs Confirmed As RAW Hosts   Tons Of A-List Celebs Confirmed As RAW Hosts Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 2:09 pm

Rachel Ray, Kelly Ripa, MC Hammer, Ashton Kutcher = Awesome

Ashton Kutcher was on something once where he met Edge and Christian. He always has WWE people on Punk'd. He can finally show off his move in the WWE, THE FARM HAND!
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Tons Of A-List Celebs Confirmed As RAW Hosts   Tons Of A-List Celebs Confirmed As RAW Hosts Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 2:18 pm

StuffOfLegends wrote:
Rachel Ray, Kelly Ripa, MC Hammer, Ashton Kutcher = Awesome

Ashton Kutcher was on something once where he met Edge and Christian. He always has WWE people on Punk'd. He can finally show off his move in the WWE, THE FARM HAND!

What would Rachel Ray and Kelly Ripa have to sell to WWE fans?
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

Male Number of posts : 4927
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Tons Of A-List Celebs Confirmed As RAW Hosts   Tons Of A-List Celebs Confirmed As RAW Hosts Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 3:14 pm

Most of these 'celebs' I have no interest in or have barely even heard of. However, Ashton Kutcher, MC Hammer, Floyd Mayweather, Pete Wentz and Ashlee Simpson as Raw GMs = win.
Back to top Go down
TheWittyTwit
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion

Male Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2007-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Tons Of A-List Celebs Confirmed As RAW Hosts   Tons Of A-List Celebs Confirmed As RAW Hosts Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 5:40 am

Nobody else would mark out for Bob Barker? As soon as I find out which date he will be hosting, I will be making as much of an effort as possible to get to that show (which would be my first WWE event).
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Tons Of A-List Celebs Confirmed As RAW Hosts   Tons Of A-List Celebs Confirmed As RAW Hosts Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 6:14 am

TheWittyTwit wrote:
Nobody else would mark out for Bob Barker? As soon as I find out which date he will be hosting, I will be making as much of an effort as possible to get to that show (which would be my first WWE event).

I would not. I would like to see a full on heel guest host. I would like to see Bischoff be the guest host.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Tons Of A-List Celebs Confirmed As RAW Hosts   Tons Of A-List Celebs Confirmed As RAW Hosts Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 8:43 pm

Besides Ashton Kutcher, I don't really want to see anyone mentioned as the guest host. I never really cared for this concept so, it doesn't really matter. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I want JBL as GM of Raw or at least guest host.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Tons Of A-List Celebs Confirmed As RAW Hosts   Tons Of A-List Celebs Confirmed As RAW Hosts Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 9:17 pm

Y2J X wrote:
Besides Ashton Kutcher, I don't really want to see anyone mentioned as the guest host. I never really cared for this concept so, it doesn't really matter. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I want JBL as GM of Raw or at least guest host.

JBL would be awesome heel guest host. Ashton Kutcher seemed to know a little about wrestling when he was on The Jimmy Fallon Show, the night that HHH was on.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Tons Of A-List Celebs Confirmed As RAW Hosts   Tons Of A-List Celebs Confirmed As RAW Hosts Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 9:29 pm

^In Ashtons defense he didn't really talk about wrestling that much. All I recall him saying was that his dog barks everytime Triple H comes on the TV.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Tons Of A-List Celebs Confirmed As RAW Hosts   Tons Of A-List Celebs Confirmed As RAW Hosts Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 10:07 pm

Y2J X wrote:
^In Ashtons defense he didn't really talk about wrestling that much. All I recall him saying was that his dog barks everytime Triple H comes on the TV.

OK, but at least he knew who the hell HHH was. I have a feeling that Jeremy Piven had no idea who anyone was. He was as clueless as Adamle. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tiff
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
Tiff

Female Number of posts : 1929
Registration date : 2007-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Tons Of A-List Celebs Confirmed As RAW Hosts   Tons Of A-List Celebs Confirmed As RAW Hosts Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 7:23 am

Hmm, I still don't know half of those people, haha.

Anyway, I think The Osbournes hosting would be interesting. I like Ashton Kutcher and Pete Wentz too, so I'd look forward to seeing them host if they do. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwe.com
The Legend Killer
Wrestling Student
Wrestling Student

Male Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Tons Of A-List Celebs Confirmed As RAW Hosts   Tons Of A-List Celebs Confirmed As RAW Hosts Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 9:43 pm

Most of those names are pretty boring. Raw is bad enough without seeing Pete Wentz, or Ashlee Simpson, or Al Sharpton host Raw! The Osbournes...that'd be pretty damn funny actually. Ashton Kutcher...maybe. Danny DeVito...yeah! I just want Eric Bischoff to host!!!! That would be beyond epic!!!
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Tons Of A-List Celebs Confirmed As RAW Hosts   Tons Of A-List Celebs Confirmed As RAW Hosts Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 9:48 pm

Pete Wentz for Host!!!

Other then that, no one really stands out.

But DeVito or even ... the Rock would be sweet. Rock we would never see though ... sadly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tons Of A-List Celebs Confirmed As RAW Hosts   Tons Of A-List Celebs Confirmed As RAW Hosts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1