chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Greatest Rapper Alive Today ?

Go down 
+7
StuffOfLegends
Kayla
Inah
Guilha
Straight-Edge Zach
Ex-Mattitude Follower
C-Makaveli
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

The Greatest Rapper Alive
Eminem
Greatest Rapper Alive Today ? Vote_lcap63%Greatest Rapper Alive Today ? Vote_rcap
 63% [ 5 ]
Jay Z
Greatest Rapper Alive Today ? Vote_lcap0%Greatest Rapper Alive Today ? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
50 Cent
Greatest Rapper Alive Today ? Vote_lcap0%Greatest Rapper Alive Today ? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Nas
 0% [ 0 ]
The Game
 0% [ 0 ]
Kanye West
 0% [ 0 ]
Lil Wayne
 0% [ 0 ]
Ludacris
 0% [ 0 ]
T.I
 0% [ 0 ]
Other
Greatest Rapper Alive Today ? Vote_lcap37%Greatest Rapper Alive Today ? Vote_rcap
 37% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
C-Makaveli
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
C-Makaveli

Male Number of posts : 758
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Greatest Rapper Alive Today ? Empty
PostSubject: Greatest Rapper Alive Today ?   Greatest Rapper Alive Today ? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 9:47 am

Since Em & Jay retired in 2005 , Lil Wayne suddenly (according to him) became the greatest rapper alive , when i could name 50 rappers better than him. But now both Em and Jay are back , Hip Hop is slowly coming back to life. VIBE magazine did a couple poll's , asking a) Whos the Greatest Rapper ever b) Whos the Greatest Rapper Alive.

2Pac won the Greatest Rapper Ever Poll with Eminem coming in second.

Eminem won the Greatest Rapper Alive Poll , demolishing Jay Z in the final with 86 % of the votes to Jay Z's 24 %.

So Who Do You think is the Greatest Alive? , I'll List the best of the best and you choose , one vote per person.
Back to top Go down
http://WWE.com
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

Male Number of posts : 4927
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Rapper Alive Today ?   Greatest Rapper Alive Today ? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 9:56 am

The best rappers right now are Eminem and Lil' Wayne, in my opinion. But that doesn't mean they are the best rappers alive today. It just means that lately Em and Weezy have been putting out the strongest material in the game. I'd say the best rapper alive today is Em, followed by Jay, Nas and Snoop. Wayne, 50, Kanye, Immortal Technique and others would follow. The best rapper of all-time is undoubtedly 2Pac.
Back to top Go down
C-Makaveli
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
C-Makaveli

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Rapper Alive Today ?   Greatest Rapper Alive Today ? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 10:01 am

But I could argue that by simply saying look at what Em has done in career.

Gone Diamond with 2 albums.

Won an Oscar for a song.

Highest Selling artist of the 2000's. Compare what he and Jay and Nas have done in their career and nobody really comes close to them.
Back to top Go down
Straight-Edge Zach
The Enforcer
The Enforcer
Straight-Edge Zach

Other / Decline to state Number of posts : 3563
Registration date : 2007-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Rapper Alive Today ?   Greatest Rapper Alive Today ? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 10:04 am

Em...nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Rapper Alive Today ?   Greatest Rapper Alive Today ? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 10:06 am

^ What is considered good is subjective though, Cal. Statistics just show that a lot of people enjoyed the music. It doesn't mean it's officially the best. A lot of people believe in God. Does that make it true that God exists as an all powerful being? Nope. And why are you saying that anyway? There is no argument nessecary, I said Em is the best rapper alive today, followed by Jay, Nas and Snoop.
Back to top Go down
C-Makaveli
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
C-Makaveli

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Rapper Alive Today ?   Greatest Rapper Alive Today ? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 10:10 am

I aint arguing like getting all bitchy and having a hissy fit lol , just saying i could counter you by saying that in a discussion.

I could also counter you with the entire sales statistics. Sure it doesnt mean they are the best but look at it like this.

Souja Boy Tell Em sold alot of records , but he is terrible.

But Souja Boy isnt ever gonna sell as much as Eminem or Jay Z. Hell Em's let 6 albums out and outsold Jay's eleven. So those who are indeed great will sell more than others.
Back to top Go down
Guilha
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
Guilha

Male Number of posts : 1842
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Rapper Alive Today ?   Greatest Rapper Alive Today ? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 10:16 am

Eminem is hands down the best rapper alive ...

The Game, DMX and Nas follow him, IMO ...
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Rapper Alive Today ?   Greatest Rapper Alive Today ? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 10:40 am

C-Makaveli wrote:
I aint arguing like getting all bitchy and having a hissy fit lol , just saying i could counter you by saying that in a discussion.

I could also counter you with the entire sales statistics. Sure it doesnt mean they are the best but look at it like this.

Souja Boy Tell Em sold alot of records , but he is terrible.

But Souja Boy isnt ever gonna sell as much as Eminem or Jay Z. Hell Em's let 6 albums out and outsold Jay's eleven. So those who are indeed great will sell more than others.

Yeah but there's no need to counter me at all as I agreed that Eminem is the best rapper alive today.

Soulja Boi being terrible is only an opinion though. Clearly many people think he's good as otherwise he wouldn't have sold that amount of records. And those who are perceived great don't always out-sell others. What about Immortal Technique? In my opinion, he's one of the top rappers in ages but he doesn't sell much. Rick Ross sells more than I-Tech and I'd say Tech is clearly superior. But that's an opinion so whatever.
Back to top Go down
Inah
Head Bitch In Charge
Head Bitch In Charge

Female Number of posts : 4534
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Rapper Alive Today ?   Greatest Rapper Alive Today ? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 10:46 am

Eminem. ;D
Back to top Go down
Kayla
Dark Match Wrestler
Dark Match Wrestler
Kayla

Female Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Rapper Alive Today ?   Greatest Rapper Alive Today ? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 3:46 pm

Can I vote 'other' and say Alexem? ;P
Back to top Go down
StuffOfLegends
Slim Shady
Slim Shady
StuffOfLegends

Male Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2007-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Rapper Alive Today ?   Greatest Rapper Alive Today ? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 3:49 pm

Since I have not officially released anything as of late. I'll vote for my man Eminem. Followed by Jay-Z then Lil Wayne. IMO. Cuz Empire State of Mind > Everything.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Rapper Alive Today ?   Greatest Rapper Alive Today ? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 3:52 pm

Mike Shinoda ... Obviously
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Rapper Alive Today ?   Greatest Rapper Alive Today ? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 6:28 pm

^^aka God

Papoose Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

Male Number of posts : 3627
Registration date : 2007-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Rapper Alive Today ?   Greatest Rapper Alive Today ? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 6:47 pm

Tech N9ne

Period.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ecw.com
Affliction
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Affliction

Male Number of posts : 3093
Registration date : 2007-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Rapper Alive Today ?   Greatest Rapper Alive Today ? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 9:35 pm

I hate half the guys on there except Kanye West and The Game and possibly Eminem. Out of there though I'd choose Kanye West he is as he says he is..."the voice of his generation". Hate him or love him he is a music and producing god.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Rapper Alive Today ?   Greatest Rapper Alive Today ? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 9:37 pm

^^You can just choose "Other"
Back to top Go down
C-Makaveli
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
C-Makaveli

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Rapper Alive Today ?   Greatest Rapper Alive Today ? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 1:25 pm

Affliction wrote:
I hate half the guys on there except Kanye West and The Game and possibly Eminem. Out of there though I'd choose Kanye West he is as he says he is..."the voice of his generation". Hate him or love him he is a music and producing god.

Voice of his generation my ass. Sure he was good back in the day , but now he is riding the autotune dicktrain and has just lost it. He's become some little attention seeking punk. He didnt pull that stunt at the VMA's for Beyonce , he did it because no one was looking at him.
Back to top Go down
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Rapper Alive Today ?   Greatest Rapper Alive Today ? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 1:31 pm

I chose basically based off skill...Tech N9ne has thrown out some fire in the past couple of years...and he's been doing it for a while as well. He isn't as mainstream, but he sure as fuck is better than some of the other shit I've had to listen to.
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Rapper Alive Today ?   Greatest Rapper Alive Today ? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 2:54 pm

C-Makaveli wrote:
Affliction wrote:

Voice of his generation my ass. Sure he was good back in the day , but now he is riding the autotune dicktrain and has just lost it. He's become some little attention seeking punk. He didnt pull that stunt at the VMA's for Beyonce , he did it because no one was looking at him.

I'd say Ye is back on form. He's stopped using auto-tune, he's rapping verses again, he's not wearing those lame clothes anymore and he's cut down on the ridiculous comments about 'pop art' and other such trash. I'm thinking he'll bring out another rap classic album soon.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Rapper Alive Today ?   Greatest Rapper Alive Today ? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 4:13 pm

stl311 wrote:
I chose basically based off skill...Tech N9ne has thrown out some fire in the past couple of years...and he's been doing it for a while as well. He isn't as mainstream, but he sure as fuck is better than some of the other shit I've had to listen to.
Btw, what's your fav Tech N9ne song? I only have Earthquake.
Back to top Go down
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Rapper Alive Today ?   Greatest Rapper Alive Today ? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 4:23 pm

babaganoosh wrote:
stl311 wrote:
Btw, what's your fav Tech N9ne song? I only have Earthquake.

I'd probably take Jellysickle over everything else, but all of his songs are good.
Back to top Go down
C-Makaveli
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
C-Makaveli

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Rapper Alive Today ?   Greatest Rapper Alive Today ? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 5:41 pm

Mattitude Follower wrote:

I'd say Ye is back on form. He's stopped using auto-tune, he's rapping verses again, he's not wearing those lame clothes anymore and he's cut down on the ridiculous comments about 'pop art' and other such trash. I'm thinking he'll bring out another rap classic album soon.

Greatest Rapper Alive Today ? Gallery_main-0914_kanye_vmas_04

Look like lame clothes to me.

And Jay Z said it was Kanye who came up with the Death of Autotune track.Why did he come up with it ? Because it gave him a excuse not to use it anymore after his fans hated his last album.

And he used it on that Mr Hudson track recently.
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Rapper Alive Today ?   Greatest Rapper Alive Today ? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 9:16 am

^ That wasn't a rap song though, was it? For the most part he's stopped using it and those clothes are a vast improvement on what he was wearing around the release of 808s & Heartbreaks.
Back to top Go down
C-Makaveli
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
C-Makaveli

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Rapper Alive Today ?   Greatest Rapper Alive Today ? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 1:32 pm

Mattitude Follower wrote:
^ That wasn't a rap song though, was it? For the most part he's stopped using it and those clothes are a vast improvement on what he was wearing around the release of 808s & Heartbreaks.

Doesnt really mean anything if it isnt a rap song. Love Lockdown was a rap song but Kanye made it. And he's just sold out.
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Rapper Alive Today ?   Greatest Rapper Alive Today ? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 1:47 pm

^ How was Love Lockdown a rap song when there was no proper rapping? It was R'n'B like the rest of that album. What I'm saying is that Ye hasn't been using auto-tune on his rap verses lately which suggests his next album's verses will be the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Rapper Alive Today ?   Greatest Rapper Alive Today ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greatest Rapper Alive Today ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next