chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RHCP Nominated For Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame

Go down 
+2
Inah
Sykesy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

RHCP Nominated For Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Empty
PostSubject: RHCP Nominated For Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame   RHCP Nominated For Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 8:32 pm

Funk-rockers Red Hot Chili Peppers are amongst the acts to make the shortlist for induction into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.

Rock 'n' roll will never die, but to make sure it's not forgotten there's a handy museum. The Rock And Roll Hall of Fame contains artefacts and memorabilia from throughout the sixty year life of rock music.

Each year a number of new acts are inducted into the Hall of Fame in a lavish ceremony. Last year it was the turn of thrash legends Metallica, who performed with a former bass player at the induction ceremony.

Joining them were some of rock's most influential names. However the Hall Of Fame doesn't just celebrate straight forward rock acts with Run-DMC getting the nod last year.

In the 2009 shortlist acts such as Red Hot Chili Peppers, LL Cool J, and Kiss are set to do battle against returning candidates such as The Stooges and ABBA.

"It's a real honor to be nominated in our first year of eligibility" said Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith to Billboard.

"Obviously the Hall of Fame has excellent musical taste."

The final decision on inductees is expected to be made in January, while the Hall of Fame itself is set to celebrate a special anniversary. Turning 25 years old in 2009, the organisation is due to hail this milestone with a series of special shows.

The concerts are set to take place at October 29th and 30th at New York's Madison Square Garden with performances expected from the likes of U2, Metallica, Stevie Wonder and Simon & Garfunkel.

The full list of nominees is as follows:

# ABBA
# The Chantels
# Jimmy Cliff
# Genesis
# The Hollies
# Kiss
# LL Cool J
# Darlene Love
# Laura Nyro
# Red Hot Chili Peppers
# The Stooges
# Donna Summer

Source: UG.com

To me I think Kiss will take it out this year, With ABBA a second bet but RHCP's deserve it no doubt.
Back to top Go down
Inah
Head Bitch In Charge
Head Bitch In Charge

Female Number of posts : 4534
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: RHCP Nominated For Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame   RHCP Nominated For Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 8:37 pm

To be quite honest, I hope that the Red Hot Chilis take it. Of course, Kiss is considered to be a great band, but I just prefer the RHCP and I've never really liked Kiss that much.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: RHCP Nominated For Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame   RHCP Nominated For Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 9:36 pm

Lol at LL Cool J.
Back to top Go down
Affliction
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Affliction

Male Number of posts : 3093
Registration date : 2007-10-13

PostSubject: Re: RHCP Nominated For Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame   RHCP Nominated For Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 11:25 pm

I'd put Kiss and Genesis before RHCP tbh but they'll probably take it.
Back to top Go down
Guilha
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
Guilha

Male Number of posts : 1842
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: RHCP Nominated For Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame   RHCP Nominated For Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 11:41 pm

i dont like Kiss but they deserve it for their work over the years ... my fave band would have to be RHCP really, by far, so i'd be very happy if they took the honor ...
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: RHCP Nominated For Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame   RHCP Nominated For Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 10:40 am

I personally don't like the RHCP's but they have made the qualifications to be in the hall and they have been one of the biggest bands in rock, since 1990 or so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RHCP Nominated For Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame   RHCP Nominated For Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RHCP Nominated For Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame
Page 1 of 1