chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Rock Working with Vince McMahon & WWE for Special Show

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

The Rock Working with Vince McMahon & WWE for Special Show Empty
PostSubject: The Rock Working with Vince McMahon & WWE for Special Show   The Rock Working with Vince McMahon & WWE for Special Show Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 7:24 pm

Quote :
Posted by: Wrestling-Radio.com

Special Link: NEW Wrestling Podcast at WrestlingPodcast.com - Click Here

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson told the Jack Diamond Morning Show in Washington, D.C. that he has a "great relationship" with Vince McMahon and is working closely with WWE to create a special edition of WWE programming.

"I love that world and being able to entertain, especially if I could go back and it's on Smackdown and do a promo or guest host or we could create this cool show, whatever that may be," Johnson said. "Especially now, I'm at the point where I can go back and give back to the fans and help out guys in any way I can...

"Right now, we're trying to put together - there is always something cool and interesting for me to do. I would like to do something more than just host the show. I'm in the process of creating something really cool for the fans - something very special and unique. It will be something like one big entertaining show."
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: The Rock Working with Vince McMahon & WWE for Special Show   The Rock Working with Vince McMahon & WWE for Special Show Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 8:20 pm

"I'm at the point where I can go back and give back to the fans"...so is this 1 night going to be his giving back to the fans before he disappears again? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: The Rock Working with Vince McMahon & WWE for Special Show   The Rock Working with Vince McMahon & WWE for Special Show Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 4:38 pm

Maybe, but it would crush any "special" TNA runs up against a one night return of The Rock.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: The Rock Working with Vince McMahon & WWE for Special Show   The Rock Working with Vince McMahon & WWE for Special Show Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 4:42 pm

I haven't followed it at all, but has TNA announced when Hogan will be making an appearance? If not, you're looking at WWE always being 1 step behind because they have to wait for TNA to announce their special first. If TNA wanted to, they could wait until a week before the special to announce it, then WWE has to not only put together a show, but get the advertising of it out there as well. They'll still win the ratings war obviously, but they probably won't get the numbers they'd like if they just stayed 1 step behind TNA.
Back to top Go down
WLW4Lyfe
Heat Wrestler
Heat Wrestler

Male Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2009-10-31

PostSubject: Re: The Rock Working with Vince McMahon & WWE for Special Show   The Rock Working with Vince McMahon & WWE for Special Show Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 5:13 pm

all i gotta say is the rock and wwe will win bragging rights
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: The Rock Working with Vince McMahon & WWE for Special Show   The Rock Working with Vince McMahon & WWE for Special Show Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 5:24 pm

babaganoosh wrote:
I haven't followed it at all, but has TNA announced when Hogan will be making an appearance? If not, you're looking at WWE always being 1 step behind because they have to wait for TNA to announce their special first. If TNA wanted to, they could wait until a week before the special to announce it, then WWE has to not only put together a show, but get the advertising of it out there as well. They'll still win the ratings war obviously, but they probably won't get the numbers they'd like if they just stayed 1 step behind TNA.

I think Jan 4, but the WWE could wait until the last minute, since TNA pre-tapes everything. That would give WWE at least a weeks notice.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: The Rock Working with Vince McMahon & WWE for Special Show   The Rock Working with Vince McMahon & WWE for Special Show Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 12:41 am

Yeah, WWE hasn't decided yet when The Rock will host RAW, depending on when Hogan will first air with TNA. They're gonna give him the guest host spot on January 4th or January 11th.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: The Rock Working with Vince McMahon & WWE for Special Show   The Rock Working with Vince McMahon & WWE for Special Show Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 12:47 am

TNA's first time going directly against Raw and it will get blown straight out of the water. Especially if people can read the TNA spoiler and see if the show is worth watching. I would bet money that The Rock would draw better ratings then Hogan at this point. Hogan has over exposed himself in recent years with his reality show and tabloid life.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: The Rock Working with Vince McMahon & WWE for Special Show   The Rock Working with Vince McMahon & WWE for Special Show Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 12:51 am

Absolutely. I think that RAW will get some bigger ratings than usual just because of The Rock's presence. The ratings for TNA won't mean anything significant as opposed to what could mean The Rock hosting RAW. If anything, the ratings haven't changed a lot since they announced the signing of Hogan.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: The Rock Working with Vince McMahon & WWE for Special Show   The Rock Working with Vince McMahon & WWE for Special Show Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 10:21 am

The press conference on Impact got very low ratings. It was the lowest rated segment of the show.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rock Working with Vince McMahon & WWE for Special Show   The Rock Working with Vince McMahon & WWE for Special Show Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1