chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Iverson retires

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Iverson retires Empty
PostSubject: Iverson retires   Iverson retires Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 7:27 pm

Quote :
Allen Iverson is planning to retire from the NBA, nationally syndicated radio host and Philadelphia Inquirer columnist Stephen A. Smith reports.

Iverson's representatives have told Smith of Iverson's plans on Wednesday.

Iverson

"I would like to announce my plans to retire from the National Basketball Association," Iverson said in a statement on StephanA.com, Smith Web site. "I always thought that when I left the game, it would be because I couldn't help my team the way that I was accustomed to. However, that is not the case.

"I still have tremendous love for the game, the desire to play, and a whole lot left in my tank. I feel strongly that I can still compete at the highest level."

Iverson, who has played 14 seasons in the NBA, played three games with the Memphis Grizzlies but complained about coming off the bench. The team then gave him a leave of absence to attend to personal matters. The two sides eventually agreed to part ways and Iverson was waived.

Iverson had been close to signing with the New York Knicks last week but the deal fell through.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

Iverson retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iverson retires   Iverson retires Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 7:14 pm

It's obviously he can't help any team anymore considering nobody wants to sign him. There's more to a success of a team than individual stats, something Iverson obviously doesn't understand to this day.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Iverson retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iverson retires   Iverson retires Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 1:12 pm

I am not sure he has ever really understood that.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Iverson retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iverson retires   Iverson retires Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 3:55 pm

Quote :
Allen Iverson's retirement could be a short one.

A person with knowledge of the talks says the Philadelphia 76ers have been approached about signing former franchise superstar Iverson, and team management has held internal discussions about bringing him back.

The person, who spoke on condition of anonymity because talks have not been made public, says Iverson is among the free-agent candidates the Sixers are considering to replace injured point guard Lou Williams, who's expected to miss eight weeks after jaw surgery.

Iverson announced his retirement this week after an ill-fated stint with the Memphis Grizzlies. The 10-time all-star was NBA MVP in 2001 when he led the Sixers to the NBA Finals. Iverson was traded to Denver in 2006 and spent most of last season with Detroit.
What a joke of a retirement this would be if he comes back Razz Might as well have called it his publicity stunt.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Iverson retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iverson retires   Iverson retires Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 6:37 pm

I would not be suprised if he comes back later on this season. Say a teams PG gets hurt, old AI will be waiting by the phone.
Back to top Go down
Affliction
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Affliction

Male Number of posts : 3093
Registration date : 2007-10-13

Iverson retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iverson retires   Iverson retires Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 6:42 pm

This is good news.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Iverson retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iverson retires   Iverson retires Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 7:05 pm

Not for the Sixers Very Happy And not for me AI2.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Iverson retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iverson retires   Iverson retires Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 7:32 pm

The Sixers offered AI a one year deal, so that was very short retirement.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Iverson retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iverson retires   Iverson retires Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 8:02 pm

Did he take it though?
Back to top Go down
Affliction
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Affliction

Iverson retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iverson retires   Iverson retires Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 3:44 pm

Yup. I can't wait for there game tonight against Denver...so much hype it better be good haha.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Iverson retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iverson retires   Iverson retires Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 7:11 pm

I hope Chauncy attacks AI and gets him in foul trouble early Very Happy He hasn't been doing it as much this year, but I'm hoping he will for at least this game.
Back to top Go down
Affliction
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Affliction

Iverson retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iverson retires   Iverson retires Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 9:39 pm

Damn. He did good considering he hasn't played in awhile.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Iverson retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iverson retires   Iverson retires Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 9:40 pm

Last I checked, Chauncy was raping him still Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Iverson retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iverson retires   Iverson retires Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iverson retires
Page 1 of 1