chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WWE NXT roster and mentors revealed

Go down 
+3
Y2J X
Sykesy
Concrete Jesus
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend

Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

WWE NXT roster and mentors revealed - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE NXT roster and mentors revealed   WWE NXT roster and mentors revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 11:37 pm

When I first saw the concept for this show, I thought it was shit. Now that the roster and formant has come togther, it could be pretty cool
Back to top Go down
Master Of Destruction
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Master Of Destruction

Male Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: WWE NXT roster and mentors revealed   WWE NXT roster and mentors revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 11:39 pm

^Agreed
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: WWE NXT roster and mentors revealed   WWE NXT roster and mentors revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 11:44 pm

EdgeHead, I do not see much in Gabriel. A south African gimmick has not been done in WWE before and could work but that would be it.

Slater and Bryan would go great though. Tarver is also quite a solid wrestler who could go far.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: WWE NXT roster and mentors revealed   WWE NXT roster and mentors revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 11:45 pm

Also, Sorry for double post and as much as I think it will occur. i really hope apart from matches that the 'Mentors' will not go with there Kayfabe Alignment. I hope it gives a good in depth look into WWE without doing the Heel/face bullshit.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: WWE NXT roster and mentors revealed   WWE NXT roster and mentors revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 11:53 pm

If they're going with the reality show vibe, I don't think they'll play off the heel/face alignment on the show, unless they use the NXT show indirectly to promote other angles involving mentors on RAW or Smackdown. They'll probably use the superstars with training advices, how to get over on the mic, etc.

But with that said, I'm a little puzzled to see that some of the main stars of the company aren't even involved with the promotion of NXT. Of course, for some like The Undertaker, my guess is that they want to protect kayfabe with him but what about Cena, Triple H, HBK or Randy Orton? Other than Chris Jericho, the other mentors are guys in the upper midcard or midcard in Carlito's case. As a fan in the know, like everyone here, it raises a red flag to me as to which extent these top stars care (or don't) about the success of NXT.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: WWE NXT roster and mentors revealed   WWE NXT roster and mentors revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:00 am

Its giving the Mid Carders exposure to be honest. If you notice though, The pairings make alot of sense. Look at Danielson for a minute.

The guy is one of the greatest wrestlers I have ever seen wrestle. Try finding me a better feud then McGuinness Vs Danielson. It is close to impossible. The matches were repetitive but it did not bore anyone. The fans loved it even more every time. Now the thing Danielson lacks the most is Charisma and Mic-Work to an extent. This is probably the only thing holding him back. So who does WWE pair him with as his "Mentor" ... The Miz. It is Genius. The Miz is great on the microphone and is still a decent in ring wrestler. The fans love to hate The Miz but every time he speaks we listen. Just like Jericho or The Rock.

To me every pairing has its purpose.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: WWE NXT roster and mentors revealed   WWE NXT roster and mentors revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:07 am

Oh, I have absolutely nothing to say against any of these pairings. Just like you said, they obviously want to use the mentors to improve certain weaknesses of the rookies. And I think that everyone will bring something valuable to the table that will help tremendously the rookies. But I also have the feeling that maybe the chance of a discussion with a John Cena or Triple H could also do wonders for rookies. After all, these two are probably the top 2 names in professional wrestling right now so getting a few pointers wouldn't hurt.

However, judging by Triple H's reaction to the first Tough Enough, I always was under the impression that he has a very old school-like mentality and he didn't want any Joe Schmo to have the opportunity to make it into the business. I know that he hates this kind of stuff so I shouldn't be surprised at his absence from this project.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: WWE NXT roster and mentors revealed   WWE NXT roster and mentors revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:10 am

Is that were the dudes balls were hanging out?

If so, that was so funny. xP
Back to top Go down
That-Damn-Good
Mid-Carder
Mid-Carder
That-Damn-Good

Male Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: WWE NXT roster and mentors revealed   WWE NXT roster and mentors revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:15 am