chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dana White Embarrassed by Anderson Silva At UFC 112

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Dana White Embarrassed by Anderson Silva At UFC 112 Empty
PostSubject: Dana White Embarrassed by Anderson Silva At UFC 112   Dana White Embarrassed by Anderson Silva At UFC 112 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 11:23 pm

Quote :

Posted by: joshmma
Source: mmaweekly.com

Article from mmaweekly.com: AOL Fanhouse's Ariel Helwani does a video interview with Dana White after the event about Silva's performance. Some quotes from Dana:

"I left in the forth round and gave it(the belt) to Ed Soars (Anderson's manager) and said you put it on him. I'm not doing it."

"Anderson Doesn't interest me right now you know. The only thing I care about right now is going in (his trailer) and having a conversation that I want to have with him(Anderson) right now."

I have not seen this fight, but it must be really bad.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Dana White Embarrassed by Anderson Silva At UFC 112   Dana White Embarrassed by Anderson Silva At UFC 112 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 12:20 am

Oh, that's what he was doing in between rounds. They mentioned he went over to his manager to talk with him, but I don't think they said what he did.

But yeah, if I were Dana, I'd be pissed off too. You hold an event in Abu Dabi where you just sold 10% of your company to, you stack your card with 2 title fights, and Silva does what he does.

I'm hoping Dana will force a match between Silva/Machida for his performance this time around instead of giving him a fight that will make him look good again (i.e. someone with Forrest Griffin's style).
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Dana White Embarrassed by Anderson Silva At UFC 112   Dana White Embarrassed by Anderson Silva At UFC 112 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 6:59 am

So what exactly happened?
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Dana White Embarrassed by Anderson Silva At UFC 112   Dana White Embarrassed by Anderson Silva At UFC 112 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 11:12 am

First round and a half were basically Silva feeling out Maia and doing his weird dancing and moving around the octagon and he did some pressuring. He was obviously more comfortable on the feet than Maia and he kept backing Maia off even though Maia had his hands up and ready to fight, but just isn't good enough to hit Silva.

Then I believe it was either in the middle of round 2 or during round 3 that Silva starts like massive trash talking, waving Maia in, etc. (hard to know exactly what he was saying, it was probably in Portugese), but like I said, Maia just isn't good enough, but he still had his arms up protecting. I believe it was either here or the second round where Maia started bleeding from his nose.

Then Maia started advancing a little more towards the end of round 3 and throughout round 4. Whenever Maia advanced, Silva would just run away and he was always too far for Maia to really even throw a punsh. Maia was pressing the entire round, Silva was running the entire round, and you maybe saw a few punches thrown during the 5 minutes. It was basically like Starnes/Quarry all over again, except nothing has come up about Silva being hurt and Silva has nothing to worry about Maia's standup. Also, it was Silva who did all that showboating earlier in the fight that probably lasted like 2 or 3 minutes when he called Maia out and told him to strike with him. That's where the booing all began.

In-between round, Maia blew out his nose which was full of blood, which from where he was bleeding, apparently closes off your eye. So Maia came into the final round fighting with 1 eye and he continued to press. At times, it was Maia who had to wave Silva in to fight, but Silva continued to run away. At least Maia caught him with a couple of shots in either the 4th or 5th round where Maia hit Silva hard enough that he actually went down, but he got back up immediately and ran away again. It got so bad that the ref actually stopped the fight and issued a warning to Silva that if he continued to run away, then he would have a point deducted from him, which I've never seen happen in the octagon before...ever...nobody's ever run away so blatently from an opponent before. But that warning came way too late in the fight and the fight ended before anything really happened.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dana White Embarrassed by Anderson Silva At UFC 112   Dana White Embarrassed by Anderson Silva At UFC 112 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dana White Embarrassed by Anderson Silva At UFC 112
Page 1 of 1