chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

King of the Ring in June?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

King of the Ring in June? Empty
PostSubject: King of the Ring in June?   King of the Ring in June? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 12:08 pm

Quote :
King of the Ring to Return in June?
Posted by: Wrestling-Radio.com

- There has been talk of bringing back the King of the Ring tournament for the 3 Hour edition of RAW on
June 7 in Miami. WWE has not held a KOTR since 2008 and ceased to be a PPV format in 2002.

WWE keeps looking for PPV themes when KOTR is a great, established PPV theme. I think they should have a KOTR again.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: King of the Ring in June?   King of the Ring in June? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 12:36 pm

KOTR was awesome. I love the elimination style set-ups in sports (i.e. playoffs, Grand Prix in MMA). Certainly a lot better than some of the themes and names they've been using in recent years.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: King of the Ring in June?   King of the Ring in June? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 4:52 pm

Bring it back as a PPV, Seriously. It was one of the "5 PPV's" in WWE with Rumble,Mania, Summerslam and Survivor Series.

To get rid of it [and survivor series] was fucking stupid as the worked and people actually enjoyed them.
Back to top Go down
K.Smoke
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
K.Smoke

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: King of the Ring in June?   King of the Ring in June? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 1:51 am

Well i liked the tournament but hated when guys took it as a gimmick. At the end the kings end up stupid and booker T was the stupidest of them all. All the being carried to the ring back in the days was just too much also even though macho man was my favorite wrestler. looking forward to the tourny though.

survivor seriers wasn't the same anymore anyway. i want them to bring it back but with its old format on teams like tna is trying to reestablish. They did make an attempt at it but still deviated. 5 on 5 teams was the shit back in the days. elimination was great. i remember the first

André the Giant, One Man Gang, King Kong Bundy, Butch Reed and Rick Rude vs. Hulk Hogan, Paul Orndorff, Don Muraco, Ken Patera and Bam Bam Bigelow

king of the ring and Survivor series started the same year i think. i saw every one from muraco to Regal. it is funny that they would bring back the king of the ring when bret returns since he's the only person to win it 2 times. well unless we strip him for losing it to lawler.
Back to top Go down
http://WWE.com
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: King of the Ring in June?   King of the Ring in June? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 10:32 pm

Actually, after checking on OWW.com, the King of the Ring started in 1985, as a live event. Don Muraco was the actual first King of the Ring by beating the Iron Sheik in the finals. That's also how Harley Race became "The King" in WWF after he won the tournament in 1986, beating Pedro Morales in the finals.

Technically, Bret Hart is the only double winner of the King of the Ring since he won the last non-televised tournament by beating IRS in the finals.

And now, I'll stop right there before I sound too much like TNALDF.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: King of the Ring in June?   King of the Ring in June? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

King of the Ring in June?
Page 1 of 1