chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rampage Jackson bitches about UFC...again

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Rampage Jackson bitches about UFC...again Empty
PostSubject: Rampage Jackson bitches about UFC...again   Rampage Jackson bitches about UFC...again Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 5:23 pm

Quote :
by: Corey Santiago
Former UFC light heavyweight champion, Quinton “Rampage” Jackson has revealed despite putting aside the issues he had last year and coming back to the octagon to fulfill his contract, the UFC has already “messed things” up and he’s not happy again.

Speaking via Fighters Only Magazine, Rampage said:

“My manager wanted me to work things out and stuff like that. It’s still hard dealing with the UFC now. If I had my way, I still would be retired and doing my thing. I want to promote my own show. I want to be like (Oscar) De La Hoya (who has his own fight promotion company, Golden Boy Promotions). I don’t need the UFC banner. I don’t need the way they don’t want you to make money. They stop your afterparties or your sponsors. Man, let us make money.”

“The UFC ain’t did it with just their name. Like I said before: You put two UFC symbols in the cage, see how many pay-per-views they get. Let the two UFC symbols fight each other. But people don’t know. People don’t understand. It’s not all about your name, the UFC. It’s about the characters that’s in it. It’s about the people that’s inside the Octagon. There’s a whole package deal; they don’t realize. They can keep making new fighters and stuff like that, but some people can’t be emulated.”

“I don’t care if the UFC don’t like what I say or not. For years, I fought in UFC and didn’t agree with a lot of stuff and I kept my mouth shut. I didn’t say nothing. It’s hard to keep your mouth shut when people keep stepping on you. I can only take so much. I still say the UFC has a lot of good qualities and stuff like that. … (But) right away, we tried to work on our relationship and right away they messed things up. Already I’m not happy with them again.”

Jackson will square off with heated rival, Rashad Evans in the main event of UFC 114 in Las Vegas, Nevada. The two weeks leading up to the fight will be an intense time, with both men followed by UFC Primetime camera’s intent on capturing all the preparation as it happens.

Stay tuned to Wrestling-Radio.com for more information on UFC 114.

I am soooooo tired of hearing Rampage run his mouth, I wish he did stay retired. I hope that he takes the ass beaten of his life from Evan's and that is his UFC legacy. A fighter that run his mouth and got his ass beat.
Back to top Go down
Affy
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Affy

Male Number of posts : 810
Registration date : 2010-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Rampage Jackson bitches about UFC...again   Rampage Jackson bitches about UFC...again Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 9:32 pm

Rampage has a right to run his mouth. He is one of the best of all time.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Rampage Jackson bitches about UFC...again   Rampage Jackson bitches about UFC...again Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 11:11 pm

Best of all time? All he has done in the last year is lose on TUF, duck Evans, and run his mouth. It would not surprise me if he comes up with some bullshit reason to not fight Evans again. He is all mouth and there is no other fighter I would rather see get his ass beat on his way out of the UFC.
Back to top Go down
Affy
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Affy

Male Number of posts : 810
Registration date : 2010-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Rampage Jackson bitches about UFC...again   Rampage Jackson bitches about UFC...again Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 2:47 am

Back to top Go down
Straight-Edge Zach
The Enforcer
The Enforcer
Straight-Edge Zach

Other / Decline to state Number of posts : 3563
Registration date : 2007-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Rampage Jackson bitches about UFC...again   Rampage Jackson bitches about UFC...again Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 6:00 am

Rampage > A Majority of the UFC

To be fair the UFC were being assholes to him. He has every right to bitch about them. Dana just has to sit there and take it.

And never say that Rampage isn't one of the best of all time. Cause he is, the dude has a legacy.
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

Male Number of posts : 4927
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Rampage Jackson bitches about UFC...again   Rampage Jackson bitches about UFC...again Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 6:28 am

Straight-Edge Zach wrote:
Rampage > A Majority of the UFC

To be fair the UFC were being assholes to him. He has every right to bitch about them. Dana just has to sit there and take it.

And never say that Rampage isn't one of the best of all time. Cause he is, the dude has a legacy.

Agreed. Rampage took out Liddell TWICE.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Rampage Jackson bitches about UFC...again   Rampage Jackson bitches about UFC...again Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 10:28 am

Rampage agreed to fight Evans after TUF, then he decided he would not fight the fight he already agreed to do. He wants to be Mr. Hollywood, that is fine. It shows a lack of class and intergity to back out of a fight you agreed to. He is classless, he runs his mouth, and I want to see him get his mouth shut.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Rampage Jackson bitches about UFC...again   Rampage Jackson bitches about UFC...again Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 1:06 pm

I'd need Rampage to give more details about what's upsetting him before I can really say who's right and wrong here.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Rampage Jackson bitches about UFC...again   Rampage Jackson bitches about UFC...again Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 3:00 pm

Which is why I think this is Jackson's way of dragging his feet going into this fight. I don't think he wants to fight Evans or anyone else that can actually give him a fight. I bet he would fight Tito or some other 205er past their prime. The perfect end to Rampage in the UFC in my eyes would be he loses his final fight in the UFC to Couture. Couture and Rampage are completely different people in the way they do business. Couture doesn't run his mouth and shows respect for his oppents and for the MMA business. Randy doesn't have to hype his fights in the same fashion the Rampage does. People will watch Randy without him having to run his mouth and throw a fit on TUF.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Rampage Jackson bitches about UFC...again   Rampage Jackson bitches about UFC...again Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 3:15 pm

With the return of Couture to LHW, Rampge/Couture would actually be an interesting fight that I don't believe has happened before. Both are getting older and obviously still want a shot at the title, so those 2 going at it would be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rampage Jackson bitches about UFC...again   Rampage Jackson bitches about UFC...again Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rampage Jackson bitches about UFC...again
Page 1 of 1