chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin Bonuses

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin Bonuses Empty
PostSubject: UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin Bonuses   UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin Bonuses Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 2:15 pm

Quote :

Posted by: Corey Santiago

The UFC handed out their usual bonuses last night at UFC 116, but on this night an extra bonus was handed out for an extra "Fight of the Night" that was just the beginning of an awesome night of fighting.

The "Knockout of the Night" bonus went to Middleweight, Gerald Harris for his third round knockout over Dave Branch. The knockout came when Branch went for a flying triangle choke and Harris caught him and slammed Branch on his head, knocking him out cold.

UFC Heavyweight champion, Brock Lesnar shocked everybody by picking up "Submission of the Night" with his arm triangle choke victory over Shane Carwin in the second round.

The first "Fight of the Night" bonus went to Light Heavyweights, Stephan Bonnar and Krzysztof Soszynski for their two round battle that saw Bonnar pick up the TKO victory.

The second "Fight of the Night" bonus went to Chris Leben and Yoshihiro Akiyama who had an amazing three round fight that saw everything in this fight. A slugfest that turned out to go to the ground and saw Chris Leben pick up a victory via triangle choke in the third round of the fight.

All of these men earned an extra $75,000 for their performances at UFC 116.

The only fair thing to do was to have 2 fight of the night bonuses because both of those fights were excellent. Last night was great, from start to finish. After a fairly weak UFC 115, this was a great show.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin Bonuses   UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin Bonuses Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 6:59 pm

I wanted 2 fight of the nights in my UFC 116 thoughts and I got them Very Happy Very much deserved by all 4 fighters involved.

I was a little surprised that Lesnar got the sub of the night instead of Lytle, but I guess when you're main eventing, your name counts a little bit when they choose the bonus winners.

Also, that slam was fuckin awesome by Harris. With all the hype behind Branch, he really didn't do much off his back and when he did really go for something, he got slammed hard.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin Bonuses   UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin Bonuses Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 11:27 pm

Another reason I think Brock won sub of the night is, no one saw that one coming. The only submission attempt he had done before Sat was punched the guy in the face. This time, he survived get his face pounded on, and then, he passed Carwin's gaurd, put the hold on, and made him tap.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin Bonuses   UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin Bonuses Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 6:56 pm

Ehhhh, it''s a bit like the Cro Cop submission. It was nice to see them win via submission, but the actual submission wasn't SOTN worthy IMO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin Bonuses   UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin Bonuses Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin Bonuses
Page 1 of 1