chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rogerio Nogueira Shoots Back At Chael Sonnen

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Rogerio Nogueira Shoots Back At Chael Sonnen Empty
PostSubject: Rogerio Nogueira Shoots Back At Chael Sonnen   Rogerio Nogueira Shoots Back At Chael Sonnen Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 6:29 pm

Quote :

Posted by: Corey Santiago
Source: Sherdog.com

UFC Light Heavyweight, Antonio Rogerio Nogueira has been talking about the comments made by UFC Middleweight number one contender, Chael Sonnen saying that he believes, Sonnen isn't a challenge for Anderson Silva's title.

Speaking via Sherdog.com, Nogueira said:

“I think he’s just talking nonsense. He is not even a real challenger to Anderson. I think other fighters have done much more in the division, such as Dan Henderson, Nate Marquardt, whom he won against, Demian Maia, who played with him like a child, and Vitor Belfort. He is enjoying his 15 minutes of fame. He will take a beating from Anderson, who will beat him like a child, will beat his ass and will shut his mouth.”

“He knows Anderson will beat him and he is enjoying his 15 minutes of fame, knowing that it will end. He has no qualifications to compete for the belt — that’s the truth. He doesn’t have good boxing or ground, only good wrestling.”

“Anderson is on another level. He is not worried. He knows that the guy is doing it for attention. He hopes that Anderson will lose his control and blow up. It’s the only chance he has since Anderson is technically much better than him.”

I agree that Sonnen is no challenge for Silva and that he will get his ass beat. I can't agree that Sonnen has not wrestling or ground and pound. How did Sonnen get a title shot anyway? Who did he fight last?
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Rogerio Nogueira Shoots Back At Chael Sonnen   Rogerio Nogueira Shoots Back At Chael Sonnen Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 6:30 pm

Nate Marquardt. Controlled him the whole fight on the ground actually. He's involved in the Marquardt/Maia/Sonnen triangle of guys who lose to one guy and wins against the other, resulting in really no clear cut challenger for Silva and they're really just throwing them at him 1 at a time now Razz
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Rogerio Nogueira Shoots Back At Chael Sonnen   Rogerio Nogueira Shoots Back At Chael Sonnen Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 7:13 pm

Which makes the possible Silva vs. Shields fight all the better. Cheal Sonnen is going to get his ass kicked. The MW Div. must have someone that will at least push Silva to fight. That is why I am pushing for Belfort to get a shot. I don't think he would win, nor do I think he has enough wins to get him up that ladder right now, but I do think that he would push Silva to fight, more so then these guys will or even can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rogerio Nogueira Shoots Back At Chael Sonnen   Rogerio Nogueira Shoots Back At Chael Sonnen Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rogerio Nogueira Shoots Back At Chael Sonnen
Page 1 of 1