chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Confirmed: TNA Hard Justice to Be An ECW-Style PPV

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Confirmed: TNA Hard Justice to Be An ECW-Style PPV Empty
PostSubject: Confirmed: TNA Hard Justice to Be An ECW-Style PPV   Confirmed: TNA Hard Justice to Be An ECW-Style PPV Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 11:42 am

Quote :

Posted by: Wrestling-Radio.com

Wrestling-Radio.com is now able to officially confirm that the upcoming TNA Hard Justice pay-per-view event will in fact be an ECW-style event. Tommy Dreamer and Dixie Carter announced during last night's TNA iMPACT! taping that the event will be "one last night" for the former ECW stars to put on an ECW-style show that they will be in charge of.

So far, the only match announced for the event has been Rob Van Dam defending the TNA Championship against Abyss is an Extreme Anything Goes Match.
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

Male Number of posts : 4927
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: TNA Hard Justice to Be An ECW-Style PPV   Confirmed: TNA Hard Justice to Be An ECW-Style PPV Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 4:52 pm

Ehhhh. This could be fun but it could also be lame. I mean, the whole ECW revival thing has been done many times now. What's going to happen to a load of the talented entertaining under-carders for this PPV? Are they going to be dropped in favour of broken down old ECW stars? And back in the day, ECW PPVs only announced a few matches and look what happened - they did very poor buyrates. So I hope the ECW style part is just in terms of the matches being seriously hardcore, and not that the card will be filled of aging vets stumbling through multiple weapon bouts on a show that hasn't been promoted properly. That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing Dreamer and Raven face off one last time. The Sandman could squash some curtain-jerker. New Jack MUST show up, kick someone's ass and cut a crazy profanity-ridden shoot promo. Other than that I have no real wish to see any of the ECW alumni on any TNA programming. That era has passed.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: TNA Hard Justice to Be An ECW-Style PPV   Confirmed: TNA Hard Justice to Be An ECW-Style PPV Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 8:07 pm

WWE did this already. I am not talking about the ECW Brand, I am talking about the 2 very succesful ECW PPV's the WWE put on. Once again, TNA is following the WWE. This idea is not inovative or new, WWE DID IT. That being said, Dreamer vs. Raven would be cool, they have to get Foley in on this somehow, and I have intrest in seeing New Jack do anything. If he appears on this show, I will not watch any of it. I will not watch the PPV, watch the DVD, or even watch it on the net for free. New Jack was nothing more then a thug and I will never watch him do anything, ever again.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: TNA Hard Justice to Be An ECW-Style PPV   Confirmed: TNA Hard Justice to Be An ECW-Style PPV Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 9:35 pm

Granted, the first ECW One Night Stand was a huge success but the 2nd one got mitigated reactions for me and his only "success" comes from the ending of the John Cena/RVD match for the WWE Championship with Edge costing Cena the belt. But with that said, I think it could still work, depending on who'll wrestle on the card. This PPV must reflect not only what ECW was like but also, what ECW would be like today in 2010 if it still would exist. So, basically, they can feel free to add any TNA worker on the card that would've fit the ECW style back then. AJ Styles definitely fills this criteria 100% and Samoa Joe should also be on the PPV.

On a personal level, like everyone, I'd like to see one last Tommy Dreamer vs Raven showdown but since I'm an assumed big mark of "The Franchise" Shane Douglas, I want him at least to cut a promo during the show like only he can. Hell, we could have a Douglas/Flair showdown on the mic or Douglas mocking Hogan.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: TNA Hard Justice to Be An ECW-Style PPV   Confirmed: TNA Hard Justice to Be An ECW-Style PPV Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 11:26 pm

I thought ONS 06 was great and I think that main event was one of the best of 06. Not to mention that crazy hardcore tag team match, it was awesome. Joe has been called The Nation oc Violence, so he would have to be on this show, hands down.
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: TNA Hard Justice to Be An ECW-Style PPV   Confirmed: TNA Hard Justice to Be An ECW-Style PPV Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 1:41 pm

New Jack is indeed a worryingly dangerous thug, but his promos are incredibly entertaining and I respect him for putting his body on the line so often. There's no denying he's a tough bastard.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: TNA Hard Justice to Be An ECW-Style PPV   Confirmed: TNA Hard Justice to Be An ECW-Style PPV Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 2:50 pm

He is a talent less thug. It takes very little atheletic ability, if any whatsoever, to do what he did. He is a coked up thug and it is a miracle he did not kill anyone in the ring. I know he was coked up because I saw a Youtube vid of him bragging about how much dope he did before wrestling shows. He is a talentless, dangerous thug and as far as his promo's go, if you get off on foul l mouth dope addicts, more power to you. There is one thing I would watch New Jack do and that would be his trial on Court TV.
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: TNA Hard Justice to Be An ECW-Style PPV   Confirmed: TNA Hard Justice to Be An ECW-Style PPV Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 2:59 pm

^^ Yep, I know he did coke before a lot of his matches. But apparently several ECW guys did drugs before wrestling. A lot of people have drug problems. Where do you draw the line? I'm sure a lot of your favourites have taken steroids or still do. I'm sure a lot of your favourite rock artists have snorted coke or some other form of stimulant/relaxant. No, Jack never showed any real athletic or technical ability but credit to him for getting relatively over despite his limitations. And there is no denying that he has a very high pain thresh-hold and a lot of guts. He did some crazy shit in the ring. His promos are very amusing, I'd never claim they were as good as Raven's or anything but I am entertained by them - and I do indeed watch wrestling to be entertained.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: TNA Hard Justice to Be An ECW-Style PPV   Confirmed: TNA Hard Justice to Be An ECW-Style PPV Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 5:25 pm

My thing is not that he has a drug problem. My problem with him is he risk the health of anyone he works with and could care less and I feel the same way about Jeff Hardy by the way. A lot of people in ECW did drugs, OK, but that is not an excuse. "Everyone else is doing it" it not a reason to do anything. I know that in the 80's and 90's drugs of all kinds were rampant in the wrestling industry. Things change, the business changes, and remind me how many former wrestlers have died young. The list is a mile long because drug use was rampant. That doesn't make it cool or even OK, but that is how it was and that is no reason to continue doig that now. Not only did he do drugs before he wrestled, he bragged about it to his fans and they cheered him for it YAY!!!! Drug Abuse. Where do I draw the line? When people see the devastation and know the danger of drug use and they still do it. When young minds are told that it is cool to abuse drugs. The list of Rockers that have died young because of drugs is even longer then the wrestlers list. That is where I draw the line. I am not being a hypocrite here either man. My family has been torn apart by drug and alchol abuse. My mom died at the age of 32 because of choices she made while using. I am 28 and I have not had my mom for over 20 years because of drug use. I love to see bands come back from the brink because it means they will not die because of abuse. All of this may sound preachy, but I don't mean it to be. I know that drugs fuck up families and fucks up lives. Every single time he got in the ring, he could have killed someone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: TNA Hard Justice to Be An ECW-Style PPV   Confirmed: TNA Hard Justice to Be An ECW-Style PPV Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Confirmed: TNA Hard Justice to Be An ECW-Style PPV
Page 1 of 1