chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Smackdown Names JBL Replacement

Go down 
+10
Dee
joelider
traveler
CenaDxDiva
sara19810
stl311
ladymahogany
Ex-Mattitude Follower
StuffOfLegends
C-Makaveli
14 posters
AuthorMessage
C-Makaveli
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
C-Makaveli

Male Number of posts : 758
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Smackdown Names JBL Replacement Empty
PostSubject: Smackdown Names JBL Replacement   Smackdown Names JBL Replacement Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 11:45 am

Bare with me here people , im coming off a heavy couple days of drinking.

Smackdown has named The Coach as there new Colour commentator.

The Coach commentates weekly on Heat and with JBL returning to the ring i think the WWE has made a smart move.
Back to top Go down
http://WWE.com
StuffOfLegends
Slim Shady
Slim Shady
StuffOfLegends

Male Number of posts : 2941
Registration date : 2007-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown Names JBL Replacement   Smackdown Names JBL Replacement Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 11:48 am

I hate The Coach. He already does the post game show to The Rangers. I hate his voice and know I am supposed to listen to it weekly for two hours. Hopefully they get someone better. The Coachh and Michael Cole? Both are wimps neither of them will get respect. I was hoping that Tazz would do both.
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

Male Number of posts : 4927
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown Names JBL Replacement   Smackdown Names JBL Replacement Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 11:59 am

The Coach is a decent on- air heel but he's pretty poor at commentry. JBL was carrying the Smackdown announce team. I think I might have to watch Smackdown with the sound turned down from now on...
Back to top Go down
StuffOfLegends
Slim Shady
Slim Shady
StuffOfLegends

Male Number of posts : 2941
Registration date : 2007-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown Names JBL Replacement   Smackdown Names JBL Replacement Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 12:31 pm

Mattitude Follower wrote:
The Coach is a decent on- air heel but he's pretty poor at commentry. JBL was carrying the Smackdown announce team. I think I might have to watch Smackdown with the sound turned down from now on...
Except when Edge is speaking lol.
Back to top Go down
C-Makaveli
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
C-Makaveli

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown Names JBL Replacement   Smackdown Names JBL Replacement Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 3:26 pm

The WWE were going to use Tazz for both ECW & Smackdown but decided against it. I only think Coach is ging to be there until they find someoneelse to do the job....i think they should bring back paul heymabn...he can also help write some storylines whilst commentating
Back to top Go down
ladymahogany
The Legend
The Legend
ladymahogany

Female Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown Names JBL Replacement   Smackdown Names JBL Replacement Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 3:52 pm

I wish Tazz was going to be on Smackdown but hopefully Callumomac is right and this is just temporary.
Back to top Go down
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

Male Number of posts : 3627
Registration date : 2007-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown Names JBL Replacement   Smackdown Names JBL Replacement Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 3:55 pm

Fuck that Heyman belongs on ECW and if they move him to SD my ass is going to Conn to raise hell. I think we should allow Teddy Long to be the commentator since he isn't the GM anymore according to WWE.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ecw.com
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown Names JBL Replacement   Smackdown Names JBL Replacement Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 4:59 pm

I think Tazz and Michael Cole should call Smackdown, Coach can be go back to being a heel personality on Raw and Joey Styles can call ECW alone like he did in its prime.
Back to top Go down
C-Makaveli
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
C-Makaveli

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown Names JBL Replacement   Smackdown Names JBL Replacement Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 8:54 pm

I personally would have liked to see Jerry Lawler there like back in the old days. But the WWE didnt even look at him as an option. They were going to use Michael Hayes but he is Smackdowns top writer , then the hole Tazz idea came up before they chose Coach.
Back to top Go down
sara19810
Dark Match Wrestler
Dark Match Wrestler
sara19810

Female Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown Names JBL Replacement   Smackdown Names JBL Replacement Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 1:40 am

Tazz can both ECW and Smackdown annoucement than nothing! but i have no idea who will replace!
Back to top Go down
CenaDxDiva
Dark Match Wrestler
Dark Match Wrestler
CenaDxDiva

Female Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown Names JBL Replacement   Smackdown Names JBL Replacement Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 10:23 am

I wish they bring Tazz back to Smackdown because he & Michael Cole work well together. And they should bring back Paul Heyman to work with Joey Styles on ECW
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwe.com
traveler
Heat Wrestler
Heat Wrestler
traveler

Female Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown Names JBL Replacement   Smackdown Names JBL Replacement Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 9:17 pm

Well guess even Vince is getting tired of Coach on Raw and was looking for a place to hide him...I mean he has been GM and Executive Assist. Baby sitter for Hornswaggle and now back to Smackdown as a commentator...Gee didn't he and Lita commentate a Heat or something like that way back when...Back when Lita was recovering from her broken neck. Might say Vince sent him back to the start again..

He use to commentate a lot of the weekend College Football stuff here in Texas before he ever went to WWE...But not the greatest at that...I haven't seen him and Cole together yet Smackdown doesn't come on down here till Friday night on WB... Arrow
Back to top Go down
joelider
Mid-Carder
Mid-Carder
joelider

Male Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2007-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown Names JBL Replacement   Smackdown Names JBL Replacement Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 12:58 am

I never though i would say this, but i think i'll miss jbl
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmll.com
Dee
Heat Wrestler
Heat Wrestler
Dee

Female Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2007-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown Names JBL Replacement   Smackdown Names JBL Replacement Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 12:25 am

That's harsh that JBL is gone, he was by far my favorite. I guess I'll have to live without the funny stuff, but he was well worth the years that he was there.
Back to top Go down
Dark Match Wrestler
Dark Match Wrestler

Male Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown Names JBL Replacement   Smackdown Names JBL Replacement Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 4:37 am

I hate Coach,they couldn't have picked a worse replacement.
Back to top Go down
TheWittyTwit
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion

Male Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2007-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown Names JBL Replacement   Smackdown Names JBL Replacement Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 2:41 pm

Coach and Cole do NOT work well together. Cole only works when someone "cooler" than he is sits next to him bashing him at every possible juncture. JBL was terrific. Tazz was amazing. Coach is a disappointment. Unfortunately, apart from people already in announcing positions, I don't see who else they could have picked to fill the spot. The only thing I can think of is that they're just using Coach to fill in until Ric Flair retires, but I'd rather see Ric manage than announce. Eventually, I'd like to see the Rock at that announce table. The Rock and Michael Cole would be priceless.
Back to top Go down
Tory88
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Tory88

Male Number of posts : 516
Registration date : 2007-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown Names JBL Replacement   Smackdown Names JBL Replacement Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 3:45 pm

stl311 wrote:
Fuck that Heyman belongs on ECW and if they move him to SD my ass is going to Conn to raise hell. I think we should allow Teddy Long to be the commentator since he isn't the GM anymore according to WWE.

Heyman belongs in professional wrestling, he is a creative genious and should be back in the WWE.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwe.com
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown Names JBL Replacement   Smackdown Names JBL Replacement Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 5:22 pm

Actually I'm pretty impressed by Coach and Cole. They've done better than I thought. Apart from both having really annoying voices, their announcing is more realistic which obviously comes from Coaches work on legit sports. Of course I'd rather have JBL back but Coach isn't as bad as I thought.
Back to top Go down
Bek
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
Bek

Female Number of posts : 1602
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown Names JBL Replacement   Smackdown Names JBL Replacement Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 4:58 am

Personally I don't like Coach's commentating, well not with Cole anyway, but then again it could be worse, and I guess we'll eventually get used to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown Names JBL Replacement   Smackdown Names JBL Replacement Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Smackdown Names JBL Replacement
Page 1 of 1