chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stone Cold on why he was let go of WCW!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2467
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Stone Cold on why he was let go of WCW! Empty
PostSubject: Stone Cold on why he was let go of WCW!   Stone Cold on why he was let go of WCW! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 6:03 pm

Hey guys, check this out:

Former 6x WWE Heavyweight Champion and former WCW Superstar Stone Cold Steve Austin explains why he was let go of WCW:

“I’ve heard Eric Bischoff do different version of why I got fired, because I yelled at somebody on the phone, which is complete bs.

“When he’s recanted the story later, to kind of cover his a**, he’ll make up some story about how I cussed so and so out or whatever.

“He fired me because I got hurt – and that’s the bottom line.

“Eric’s like a heat-seeking missile. He’s a really good guy, but he has a tendency to rub you the wrong way sometimes.

“And give him too much power and his head gets big – so watch out.”

credit: The Sun
Back to top Go down
Axl
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Axl

Male Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Stone Cold on why he was let go of WCW!   Stone Cold on why he was let go of WCW! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 12:34 am

Austin's right.

Bischoff fired him in a slimey way, but even Austin would tell you that he became 'comfortable'. Which was a bad thing for him.

His firing lit a fire under him, and Paul Heyman letting Austin be himself on ECW, turned him into the legend he is today.

So thank you Eric. Thank you for firing Stone Cold. You gave us, imo, the greatest superstar wrestler ever! SCSA
Back to top Go down
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Stone Cold on why he was let go of WCW!   Stone Cold on why he was let go of WCW! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 12:52 am

Well just to let you know:

I never cared for Eric Bischoff nor did I like him for what he had done to WCW which was turn it into a Freakfest w/the nWo!

and let's not forget, he also wasted Bret Hart's Talent when Bret went to WCW and Bischoff was focused all on Hulk Hogan and not to mention, he didn't even care for a Women's Division in WCW which is why the Women's Heavyweight Title and the Women's Cruiserweight Title went to waste!

and as for Paul Heyman, he had never liked Bischoff even when Heyman was in WCW as well!
Back to top Go down
Tory88
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Tory88

Male Number of posts : 516
Registration date : 2007-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Stone Cold on why he was let go of WCW!   Stone Cold on why he was let go of WCW! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 4:00 am

Bischoff did himself more harm than good when he fired people unfairly - he fired Heyman, who created ECW to spite him, and he fired Austin, who then was the icon of the atitude era in the WWF. As far as I'm concerned, Eric has only himself to blame.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwe.com
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Stone Cold on why he was let go of WCW!   Stone Cold on why he was let go of WCW! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 8:01 am

That's right!

Oh and here's something else:

Jim Cornette did a Shoot Promo on RAW back in the Attitude Days in 1997, he said that Eric Bischoff is to blame for the whole nWo and for WCW's Downfall!

and Jim Cornette didn't like Eric Bischoff either!

and Cornette didn't like Jim Herd either!

Tammy Lyn Sytch also called Eric Bischoff a mule (you know what I mean)

Missy Hyatt (even though I'm not a fan of hers) doesn't like Bischoff either!

and Bruno Sammartino appeared in WCW back in the early 90's, but that was until Bischoff took over and Hulk Hogan came to WCW and Bruno said that he never liked Hulk Hogan!

Bobby "The Brain" Heenan called Eric Bischoff and I quote "A Piece of Trash"

Gordon Solie said long before his death that he was never a fan of WCW or the WWE, even though Gordon worked for WCW until 1995 when he was hosting WCW Pro Wrestling on TBS SuperStation Saturday Mornings!

I guess it has something to do with Eric Bischoff and what he was doing to WCW!

Ole Anderson said that he didn't like what Ted Turner was doing to wrestling either!

It's no WONDER why Vince McMahon or Eric Bischoff is getting any respect from wrestlers and fans these days!

and now, he and Hogan are going to do a Wrestling Show for Celebrities coming later this summer!

and speaking of Paul Heyman, Heyman was mad @ Bischoff for stealing ECW Talent even the ones that were in WCW before they were in ECW:

Guys like Chris Benoit, Dean Malenko, Rey Mysterio, Chris Jericho, Eddie Guerrero, Raven even The Sandman were mostly misused in WCW, but Jimmy Hart did use them right on WCW Saturday Night, but when it came to Monday Nitro, that was a whole different story!
Back to top Go down
traveler
Heat Wrestler
Heat Wrestler
traveler

Female Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Stone Cold on why he was let go of WCW!   Stone Cold on why he was let go of WCW! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 10:00 am

Wasn't Steve out of the country at the time when Bishoff fired him and left him there...Steve had to find his own way back...That was dirty pool.
I have a friend reading Bishoffs book right now I will have to ask her the version of how it happened...
Back to top Go down
Tory88
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Tory88

PostSubject: Re: Stone Cold on why he was let go of WCW!   Stone Cold on why he was let go of WCW! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 12:16 pm

traveler wrote:
Wasn't Steve out of the country at the time when Bishoff fired him and left him there...Steve had to find his own way back...That was dirty pool.
I have a friend reading Bishoffs book right now I will have to ask her the version of how it happened...

Whatever it is, it will be bullshit - Bischoff only looks out for himself and screws anyone who gets in his way. That said, i wouldn't mind reading his book, if just for another take on the Monday Night wars.
Back to top Go down
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Stone Cold on why he was let go of WCW!   Stone Cold on why he was let go of WCW! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 12:33 pm

Yeah, and like I said:

It's no wonder why alot of people these days don't like Vince McMahon or Eric Bischoff!

The only promoters that I have respect for are Paul Heyman and Dixie Carter as well as the NWA Promoters!
Back to top Go down
Tory88
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Tory88

PostSubject: Re: Stone Cold on why he was let go of WCW!   Stone Cold on why he was let go of WCW! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 1:50 pm

tnalockdownfan wrote:
Yeah, and like I said:

It's no wonder why alot of people these days don't like Vince McMahon or Eric Bischoff!

The only promoters that I have respect for are Paul Heyman and Dixie Carter as well as the NWA Promoters!

Whatever anyrone says, McMahon was good in the early days of the WWE, before he came up with ridiculous, sickening storylines (incest anyone?). Yes, Bischoff was terrible, and yes, he destroyed his own show through politics, ignorance and pigheadedness, but he must have done something right! I mean, his show did get better ratings consistently than WWE over a lengthy period of time.

I also hold great respect for Heyman and all that he has accomplished; although, that said, he was his own worst enemy.
Back to top Go down
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Stone Cold on why he was let go of WCW!   Stone Cold on why he was let go of WCW! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 2:10 pm

I can agree on that!

I mean when Vince McMahon was working under his father, he was a great announcer, but as soon as he took over, he c=introduced Hulk Hogan, but then, when Bret Hart came into the picture, then the WWE was respectful, but ever since 1998, THAT'S when it got bad!

and plus, WCW use to be a place for Families to come, I mean, they looked up to guys like STING, Macho Man, the Cruiserweights, Lucha Libre and the Mexican Luchadors and others!

The nWo angle and the feud between WCW and the nWo got them ratings, but when it came to splitting up the nWo, then it got bad!

and yes, Paul Heyman is respected in the wrestling business!

He not only shoot on Bischoff, but he also did a shoot promo on the WWE as well!

Especially @ One Night Stand I in 2005 when he verbally attacked Eric Bischoff as well as Edge and even JBL!

Now, Verne Gagne was a respected wrestler as well, but during the 80's too many bad decisions and letting Vince steal talent was the reason why the AWA went out of business!

Jim Cornette is also a respected person in Professional Wrestling, too!

Jim Crockett Promotions was a respected company under the NWA as well and it helped put SuperStation WTBS on the map along w/Georgia Championship Wrestling!

Jerry Jarrett was the founder of TNA and he is still respected by many!

and as for Dixie Carter who is now the President of TNA, she's a smart business woman, but she wants to take things one step @ a time!

and plus, many people respect her, but when it comes to Jeff Jarrett, sometimes he's hated by many!

and Vince Russo, use to have a Wrestling Company called Ring of Glory, but he did something that no one in WCW could do:

Fire Hulk Hogan!
Back to top Go down
Tory88
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Tory88

PostSubject: Re: Stone Cold on why he was let go of WCW!   Stone Cold on why he was let go of WCW! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 3:50 pm

tnalockdownfan wrote:
Vince Russo, use to have a Wrestling Company called Ring of Glory, but he did something that no one in WCW could do:

Fire Hulk Hogan!

And kudos to him for that!
Back to top Go down
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Stone Cold on why he was let go of WCW!   Stone Cold on why he was let go of WCW! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 5:12 pm

AMEN!

and also, he's got a book coming out next year called:

How WCW killed Vince Russo!

The book will focus on Russo's decision to leave WWE, join WCW and will continue through his current job as a member of TNA's writing team. Russo plans to write about the events that took place @ WCW's Bash at the Beach pay-per-view that led to a lawsuit filed against him by Hulk Hogan. Russo will also write about the battles he had in WCW with JJ Dillon and others.

I think I'm gonna buy the book!

It's TRULY a MUST READ!

Oh, and Vince Russo's Ring of Glory is still available on DVD and it even features wrestlers from TNA as well as from the Indies and even Jazz from ECW and the WWE!
Back to top Go down
Axl
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Axl

Male Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Stone Cold on why he was let go of WCW!   Stone Cold on why he was let go of WCW! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 9:57 pm

traveler wrote:

No. What happened was Austin injured himself, and was sent home. Austin returned to his home in Texas, and received a 'heads up' call from Eric Bischoff informing him that he was being fired. Bischoff claimed some bullshit thing of 'going in another direction', where Austin knew it was Eric just firing him because he was injured and to absolve himself from Austin. Eric called to inform Austin that he would be receiving a FedEx package in the mail the next day, finalizing his termination.

At least that's what Austin said on his DVD.
Back to top Go down
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Stone Cold on why he was let go of WCW!   Stone Cold on why he was let go of WCW! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 10:06 pm

Hey Axl, you know something?

If Bischoff was smart, he would've just let Austin do his thing, but instead, he was pushing Hulk Hogan down our throats!

and also, Gordon Solie, the Dean of Professional Wrestling said that he wasn't a fan of WCW or the WWE!

and also, do you want to know the best part about Austin?

Bischoff got EXACTLY waht he DESERVED!

Not only did Austin ATTACKED him @ No Way Out 2003, but @ ECW One Night Stand I in 2005, EVERYBODY gave Bischoff what he deserved:

From the likes of Team 3-D, Rey Mysterio, Chris Benoit and of course Stone Cold Steve Austin!

Oh and don't forget about Mick Foley!

He was SCREWED in WCW as well by Eric Bischoff and Foley DRAGGED him into the ring and fed Bischoff to the Wolves!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stone Cold on why he was let go of WCW!   Stone Cold on why he was let go of WCW! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stone Cold on why he was let go of WCW!
Page 1 of 1