chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship

Go down 
+3
babaganoosh
Tory88
tnalockdownfan
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2467
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship Empty
PostSubject: Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship   Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 8:14 am

Hey guys, Backlash is this Sunday, but this year, the WWE Women's Championship will NOT, I repeat will NOT be defended @ Backlash this year.

It will be a 1st ever 12 Diva Tag Team Match @ Backlash.

Mickie James and her associates Maria & Ashley will team up w/SD!'s Michelle McCool and her associates Cherry and ECW Exobitionist Kelly Kelly to take on Beth Phoenix and her associates Melina & Jillian along with SD!'s Victoria, her Bodyguard Nattie Neidhart and her sidekick ECW Vixen Layla El.

However, I want to alk about the History of the WWE Women's Championship @ Backlash:

The WWE Women's Championship has only been defended 5 times @ Backlash and has only changed hands once and that was done by only 1 person:

JAZZ

Jazz def. Trish Stratus, not once, but twice @ Backlash

She def. Trish Stratus in 2002 and again in 2003 to retain the Women's Championship thanks to an assist from Teddy Long.

Prior to the match in 2003, Molly Holly who turned heel since the birth of the Brand Extension Era assaulted Trish Stratus outside saying that women like her were setting a horrible example of women today.

In 2004, Victoria def. Lita to retain the championship and after tha match, Molly Holly and with future TNA Knockout Gail Kim attacked both Victoria and Lita when Molly was getting payback on Victoria for what she did @ Wrestlemania XX-shaving her head.

In 2006, Mickie James retained the title when she was disqualified against Trish Stratus after Trish suffered a dislocated shoulder.

and in 2007, Melina def. Mickie James to retain the Women's Championship.

and that is your look @ Backlash: The History of the WWE Women's Championship.

Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship 01-13
Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship 02-9
Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship 119
Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship 24-1
credit: wwebacklash.com

Last edited by tnalockdownfan on Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tory88
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Tory88

Male Number of posts : 516
Registration date : 2007-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship   Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 10:47 am

The tag match will be shit - same as allways, Diva tag matches, and all tag matches of that size, do not work! (Other than Lethal Lockdown, which suprised me!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwe.com
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship   Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 11:02 am

I agree!

I mean, look @ your teams.

Beth Phoenix GOT a TEAM (Layla is still not fully trained yet, but that is another story)

But Mickie James?

She DOESN'T have a TEAM!

I mean, come on!

Michelle McCool?

Maria?

Ashley?

Kelly Kelly?

GIMMIE A BREAK!

and plus, that promo the face diva did was absolutely HORRIBLE!

Well anyway, this certainly won't TOP the Knockouts Queen of the Cage or the AWESOME Tag Team Match between Gail Kim & ODB and Kong and her manager!
Back to top Go down
Tory88
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Tory88

PostSubject: Re: Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship   Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 11:21 am

I despised the Queen of the Cage match myself - the whole setup seemed stupid. But the tag-match was entertaining. This match seems to me like wrestling women (+ Layla) vs WWE employed strippers!?! It really does highlight how much of the WWE womens division is misused: more than 50%
Back to top Go down
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship   Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 11:25 am

Well I respect your opinion!

But I know that some people were just happy that Angelina Love and Velvet Sky didn't get the Title Shot against Awesome Kong!

But I did like the Queen of the Cage Match b/c The Voodoo Queen outsmarted Love and Sky! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tory88
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Tory88

PostSubject: Re: Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship   Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 11:58 am

I have to say one thing - the voodoo drop looks very impressive! As to the Love/Sky relief - so am I, it would turn into WWE style wrestling if the 'stripper' superstars got large pushes.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship   Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 12:14 pm

I have a feeling I missed something here, but when did Layla "The Ugly" El turn heel?
Back to top Go down
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship   Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 12:16 pm

When The Miz came to ECW and they had Extreme Expose manage The Miz and then, Kelly Kelly turned face when she had feelings for Mahoney and they had Brooke and Layla heels, but when Brooke was fired from the WWE, it was just Layla and Kelly Kelly as the ECW Vixens.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship   Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 12:22 pm

Ahhh, I see. Still not interested in her Very Happy

On a side note, all the talent seems to be stacked on 1 side of the match this year. Yet, the outcome is still looking favourable for the baby faces.
Back to top Go down
Tory88
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Tory88

PostSubject: Re: Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship   Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 12:26 pm

babaganoosh wrote:
Ahhh, I see. Still not interested in her Very Happy

On a side note, all the talent seems to be stacked on 1 side of the match this year. Yet, the outcome is still looking favourable for the baby faces.

Unfortunately...
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship   Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 2:06 pm

they are still trying to build up Ashley, Maria, and McCool for some reason. I am a huge Mickie James fan, but I hope that the other ladies are not stuck putting over McCool, but we know they are No
Back to top Go down
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship   Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 6:29 pm

Well I'd rather see Ashley, Candice and Maria as valets than wrestlers!

I mean hey, Stacy was a TRUE Valet and so was Baby Doll and Kimberly Page!

Why can't we have anymore valets like them?
Back to top Go down
cenaluva
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
cenaluva

Female Number of posts : 513
Registration date : 2007-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship   Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 7:07 pm

i hope ashley or mickie james get the womans belt at backlash.i dont like beth phoenix
Back to top Go down
CenaDxDiva
Dark Match Wrestler
Dark Match Wrestler
CenaDxDiva

Female Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship   Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 10:34 pm

This match is gonna be lame. they should just have Mickie vs Beth
Back to top Go down
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

Male Number of posts : 3627
Registration date : 2007-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship   Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 11:19 pm

no they should have Natalya and Mickie for the women's title, and let Natalya win cause she is a true woman with looks and kickass ability!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ecw.com
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship   Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 11:27 pm

I think that Victoria and Melina are the most underrated Women's Champions in the WWE, b/c to me, they're good but just like Lita, the WWE doesn't want to give them credit.
Back to top Go down
CenaDxDiva
Dark Match Wrestler
Dark Match Wrestler
CenaDxDiva

Female Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship   Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 9:11 am

They need to send Victoria to Raw and give her a damn title match. She has only had 2 title and she is one of the best female wrestlers wwe has. She was way better then Trish was and they gave Trish the belt 7 times. I like Trish but that really pissed me off that she had the belt so much when Victoria & Lita was way better then her and Victoria only had 2 times and Lita had it 3 times before Trish left.

And one reason why Victoria & Melina is underrated is because wwe wants to pimp out the Playboy Divas. Just wait if they ever posed nude they will get another title match. and this crap really pissed me off too.
Back to top Go down
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship   Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 10:51 am

I agree SaveMeY2J

I mean, when Candice won the title from Melina, I was REAL disappointed in the WWE.

and also, IMO Candice, Maria and Ashley along with Kelly Kelly needs to stick to being valets for either the wrestlers or the other divas.

I mean hey, Stacy Keibler and Sharmell are great valets and so is Baby Doll, So Cal Val and the late Miss Elizabeth.

Why not bring that back in the WWE?

I mean they do that in TNA, having women who don't wrestle as valets like So Cal Val, Sharmell and Karen Angle and WCW also had Kimberly Page, too as a valet.
Back to top Go down
Tory88
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Tory88

PostSubject: Re: Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship   Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 10:54 am

The WWE think that we want to see women wrestle and strip as part of entertainment. Well, there is plenty of that on DVDs and the internet thank you.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship   Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 10:57 am

Tory88 wrote:
The WWE think that we want to see women wrestle and strip as part of entertainment. Well, there is plenty of that on DVDs and the internet thank you.
Well...I certainly wouldn't mind Very Happy

*dreams of Torrie*
Back to top Go down
Tory88
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Tory88

PostSubject: Re: Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship   Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 10:59 am

babaganoosh wrote:
Tory88 wrote:

*dreams of Torrie*

Maybe so, but not all the time!
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship   Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 11:00 am

Tory88 wrote:
babaganoosh wrote:
Tory88 wrote:

*dreams of Torrie*

Once again, wouldn't mind Very Happy

*continues to dream about Torrie*
Back to top Go down
Tory88
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Tory88

PostSubject: Re: Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship   Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 11:08 am

babaganoosh wrote:
Tory88 wrote:
babaganoosh wrote:
Tory88 wrote:

*dreams of Torrie*

*cough*Go buy a magazine*cough*
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship   Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 11:14 am

Tory88 wrote:
babaganoosh wrote:
[quote="Tory88

*cough*Go buy a magazine*cough*[/quote]
Magazine? Get with the times, it's piling up on the internet. Speaking of which, I shall occupy myself now. It won't download itself.
Back to top Go down
Tory88
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Tory88

PostSubject: Re: Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship   Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 11:15 am

babaganoosh wrote:
Tory88 wrote:
babaganoosh wrote:
Tory88 wrote:

*cough*Go buy a magazine*cough*
Magazine? Get with the times, it's piling up on the internet. Speaking of which, I shall occupy myself now. It won't download itself.

No, but the viruses that accompany it will! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship   Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Backlash; The History of the WWE Women's Championship
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next