chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Knicks put up 82 in first half

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

Knicks put up 82 in first half Empty
PostSubject: Knicks put up 82 in first half   Knicks put up 82 in first half Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 3:51 pm

Quote :

Chris Duhon had a franchise-record 22 assists, Lee had career highs of 37 points and 21 rebounds, and New York rang up a record-setting 82 points in the first half in a 138-125 victory over Golden State on Saturday night.

"Chris Duhon did a great job of finding me on the pick-and-roll," Lee said. "And he found me about 18 or 20 times."

"That's what a point guard's supposed to do, is get their team involved," Duhon said. "If I can do that every night I would love it. I love sharing the ball, I love getting those guys involved. The main important thing is that we got the win."

Lee had the first 30-20 game in regulation since Hall of Famer Patrick Ewing had 36 points and 21 rebounds against Philadelphia on Jan. 23, 1994.

The Knicks raced to an 82-64 halftime lead behind 20 points from Lee. His basket with 3.4 seconds left let New York shatter the record for most first-half points at the present Madison Square Garden, set when Kansas City scored 81 on Dec. 8, 1979.

The Knicks reached 100 points with 4:58 still left in the third quarter, then Lee put an exclamation point on it with the next basket, coming up with a steal and tossing himself a self alley-oop for a dunk and a 102-84 cushion.

Al Harrington, traded from the Warriors to the Knicks last week, added 36 points and 12 rebounds. Wilson Chandler scored 16 points for the banged-up Knicks, who used only seven players. Even Duhon is hurting, sitting out practice Friday with a sore back, but that didn't stop him from repeatedly getting into the lane.

Crawford, sent to Golden State for Harrington, had 21 points and 10 rebounds. He received a nice pre-game ovation, then another one during a first-quarter video tribute.

Corey Maggette led the Warriors with 32 points and 12 boards. C.J. Watson scored 23 points.
I've never been happier to have Duhon on my fantasy team. That's like a whole week's worth of game's assists right there. Who knew the Knicks had the ability to explode like this after they traded away their top 2 scorers.
Back to top Go down
DJ Hipp
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
DJ Hipp

Male Number of posts : 864
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Knicks put up 82 in first half Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knicks put up 82 in first half   Knicks put up 82 in first half Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 4:05 pm

The Knicks...wow.

Not very good management, trading away and not using(Marbury) their best players.

Somehow they still got 138 points with 7 or so people. Thats pretty amazing. They still suck though.
Back to top Go down

Knicks put up 82 in first half
Page 1 of 1