chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Heath Ledger wins posthumous Golden Globe.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Inah
Head Bitch In Charge
Head Bitch In Charge

Female Number of posts : 4534
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Heath Ledger wins posthumous Golden Globe. Empty
PostSubject: Heath Ledger wins posthumous Golden Globe.   Heath Ledger wins posthumous Golden Globe. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 12:40 pm

Quote :
The late Australian actor, who died a year ago, beat Tom Cruise, Robert Downey Jr, Ralph Fiennes and Philip Seymour Hoffman to the best supporting actor Golden Globe.

Christopher Nolan, the British director of the superhero blockbuster, accepted the award.

"All of us who worked with Heath on the Dark Knight accept this with an awful mix of sadness and incredible pride," Nolan said, after the star-studded audience rose to their feet as the award was announced. "After Heath passed on, you saw a hole ripped in the future of cinema."

The win is likely to fuel growing speculation that Ledger will win a posthumous Oscar next month for his role in the Batman film.

Ledger died in January 2008 after an accidental prescription drugs overdose. His body was found in a New York apartment by a cleaner.

Perth-born Ledger gained international stardom and was nominated for an Oscar and Golden Globe for his heart-breaking performance as a taciturn gay cowboy in the 2005 film Brokeback Mountain.

As Batman's cackling arch-enemy, Ledger earned rave reviews from critics and co-stars.

"I can only speak superlatives of Ledger, who is mad-crazy-blazing brilliant as The Joker," wrote Rolling Stone's film critic Pete Travers.

Nolan said Ledger, renowned for taking on difficult, edgy roles, was chosen for the film because of his obvious talent.

"For the role of The Joker I was looking for fearlessness," Nolan said. "I needed a phenomenal actor, but he (Ledger) also had to be someone unafraid of taking on such an iconic role.

"Heath created something entirely original. It's stunning, it's captivating," Nolan said.
Back to top Go down
TheRealFan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
TheRealFan

Female Number of posts : 3217
Location : With Corey Taylor in his closet... And not wanting to come out. <3
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Heath Ledger wins posthumous Golden Globe.   Heath Ledger wins posthumous Golden Globe. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 1:16 pm

That was so predictable.
Back to top Go down
Inah
Head Bitch In Charge
Head Bitch In Charge

Female Number of posts : 4534
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Heath Ledger wins posthumous Golden Globe.   Heath Ledger wins posthumous Golden Globe. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 1:35 pm

^ I don't think so at all. He was against the likes of Tom Cruise, Robert Downey Jr, Ralph Fiennes and Philip Seymour Hoffman and those are great actors. But I don't know, maybe it was predictable because he very well deserved the award.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Heath Ledger wins posthumous Golden Globe.   Heath Ledger wins posthumous Golden Globe. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 3:34 pm

I actually agreed with TRF Inah. Sure Hoffman and Downey Jr were probably the next in line but Ledger was always going to win that Golden Globe. He got shitload of hype before the film and after so it was obvious he was going to win
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heath Ledger wins posthumous Golden Globe.   Heath Ledger wins posthumous Golden Globe. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heath Ledger wins posthumous Golden Globe.
Page 1 of 1