chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A-Rod Confesses to Steroids

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
StuffOfLegends
Slim Shady
Slim Shady
StuffOfLegends

Male Number of posts : 2941
Registration date : 2007-08-18

A-Rod Confesses to Steroids Empty
PostSubject: A-Rod Confesses to Steroids   A-Rod Confesses to Steroids Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 6:19 pm

What do you think of this? It seriously made me lose all faith in anyone being a natural player and I think anyone could be taking steroids. I wanted him to beat the all time home run record but at this point I don't even care anymore.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: A-Rod Confesses to Steroids   A-Rod Confesses to Steroids Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 6:32 pm

It wasn't surprising. Canseco already mentioned it in his book, and hate him or love him, his book is starting to gain credibility with how accurate he's been so far.

As far as A-Rod actually confessing, it's a good start and at least he's not living in denial like Big Mac and Bonds. He still has plenty of time to have a good clean career. I'd like to see him get involved in the community and have talks with kids and stuff about not doing it, kind of like the steroid version of a Josh Hamilton.

In terms of the home run record, the 1 guy I'd love to see get it, and someone I really think is clean, is Albert Pujols. I see a low chance of him actually using steroids because of just how pure a hitter he is, and even if he did, I can safely say steroids were not as big a factor with him as others because of his swing.
Back to top Go down
StuffOfLegends
Slim Shady
Slim Shady
StuffOfLegends

Male Number of posts : 2941
Registration date : 2007-08-18

PostSubject: Re: A-Rod Confesses to Steroids   A-Rod Confesses to Steroids Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 6:49 pm

That's funny cause when me and my dad first saw Albert Pujols we were like STEROIDS. The dude looks like he's been jacked up and he came out of no where. I really don't care if people took steroids anymore cause it's more likely they did at this point.

And it's probably my fault I didn't see it coming. I put child like faith into him for some reason. lol
Back to top Go down
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

Male Number of posts : 3627
Registration date : 2007-11-21

PostSubject: Re: A-Rod Confesses to Steroids   A-Rod Confesses to Steroids Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 6:58 pm

Pujols is amazing as a hitter, and is a damn good fielder too. Plus he is a Cardinal and I think another Cardinal could of got the record....

cough cough McGwire cough cough.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ecw.com
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: A-Rod Confesses to Steroids   A-Rod Confesses to Steroids Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 7:06 pm

Well Pujols did bat over .300 in the minors, and it continue in the majors. Steroids help you hit the ball further and recover faster from injuries, but Pujol's average is so high and he makes such solid contact I wouldn't say he's using steroids to hit the ball. Also, because he is always hurt and had that nagging elbow injury for so long, he probably wasn't on any drugs to actually get past it.

And the thing about his swing is that it's so level. His home runs aren't these big uppercut towering drives that you need to muscle out of the stadium, his are more linedrives with some lift that actually don't require as much power.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A-Rod Confesses to Steroids   A-Rod Confesses to Steroids Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A-Rod Confesses to Steroids
Page 1 of 1