chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dr. Astin Speaks Out and Benoit's Father Speaks On Dr. Astin

Go down 
AuthorMessage
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2467
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Dr. Astin Speaks Out and Benoit's Father Speaks On Dr. Astin Empty
PostSubject: Dr. Astin Speaks Out and Benoit''s Father Speaks On Dr. Astin   Dr. Astin Speaks Out and Benoit's Father Speaks On Dr. Astin Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 11:34 pm

The Associated Press has released some quotes from from Dr. Phil Astin and the attorneys involved in his trial, which ended yesterday. After being sentenced to prison for 10 years for illegally distributing prescription drugs, Astin was quoted saying, "I take full responsibility. I am sorry I hurt so many lives. I was thinking that I was looking after my patients." Astin's attorney, Natasha Perdew Silas, said "He developed a disrespect for the rules. Even when someone is a drug abuser, that person may still have a reason to relieve their pain." Prosecutor John Horn didn't see things the same way, putting the blame and responsibility directly on Astin. "He knew that these patients were addicted to drugs, and yet he continued prescribing the drugs."

Meanwhile....

Michael Benoit, Chris Benoit's father, said the following to an Edmonton, Alberta radio station today about Dr. Phil Astin getting sentenced, saying he now hopes all of Chris Benoit's medical records will now be released to him. "Now, since the trial is over, perhaps that will be made available to us. Perhaps that will provide more insight to how the doctor was treating my son, whether or not he was doing the proper follow-up, and making sure that what he was prescribing was doing any good, or if my son just kept asking for it. I'm really not sure."

credit: wrestlingattitude.com
Back to top Go down

Dr. Astin Speaks Out and Benoit's Father Speaks On Dr. Astin
Page 1 of 1