chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

UFC Press Report: Tito Back, Fedor Not Coming, Tons More

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

UFC Press Report: Tito Back, Fedor Not Coming, Tons More Empty
PostSubject: UFC Press Report: Tito Back, Fedor Not Coming, Tons More   UFC Press Report: Tito Back, Fedor Not Coming, Tons More Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 5:59 pm

Quote :
Posted by: Wrestling-Radio.com

Here are the highlights from the UFC presser moments ago courtesy of MMAScoops.com:

- We're under way. Dana had said this would stream on UFC.com but no one can find it so follow our updates here.

- Dana says they tried everything possible to get Fedor in the UFC and went above and beyond, the only thing they wouldn't cave on is co-promotion. Dana said he'll never be offered a deal like this again from anyone. He has asked for no Fedor questions.

- Dana White confirms that they have signed Vitor Belfort. Belfort will fight Rich Franklin at UFC 103.

- A 3 year deal has been signed with ESPN UK. Free, Hi-Def starting with UFC 101 No mention of an ESPN deal in the US.

- Tito Ortiz is officially back in the UFC. Dana White says "Tito will retire in the UFC"

- Tito: "Time cures everything. Dana apologized to me....It was about competition...financially I'm ok...Dana stuck by his word."

- Ortiz states that there was no one to fight if he went to Strikeforce and that he feels totally healthy.

- Tito is working with Freddie Roach and says he expects to fight in November or December.

- It is confirmed that Vitor vs. Franklin will be at light heavyweight (205 lbs)

- White confirms Tito's first fight back could be against Mark Coleman and expects some ring rust.

- Dana says they are always working to complete a network deal but need "the right deal" which they don't yet have.

- Tito says it was an offer he couldn't refuse and you'll never hear him complain about money again.

- Dana claims that Dan Henderson is next in line for a title shot at 185.

- Dana says the UFC is going to come to Japan and it "can't be stopped"

- White says that no one wants to watch Mayweather vs. Marquez, they want to see Mayweather vs. Pacquiao.

- Dana says he has no interest in bringing back Tim Sylvia or Andrei Arlovski.

- White claims that M-1 can call him right now if they're ready to make a deal. He was very confident this was going to happen.

- White claims they were willing to make a deal at almost any cost to get Fedor but he doesn't want to fight the best.

- Dana says he feels it is his job to make Fedor/Lesner a reality since it is what fans want. And Fedor can do sambo every Thursday night for all he cares.

- White confirms that if they get a network deal they're putting "real fights" on TV.

- Dana pretty much confirms UFC 100 did in excess of 1.5 million buys "We have to clear it with the Mandalay Bay, but I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna jump off that fucker."

- The call is over.

Source: MMAScoops.com
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: UFC Press Report: Tito Back, Fedor Not Coming, Tons More   UFC Press Report: Tito Back, Fedor Not Coming, Tons More Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 9:46 pm

Ahhh yes. No better way to shake off the ring rust than to have him beat up an over the hill hall of famer.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: UFC Press Report: Tito Back, Fedor Not Coming, Tons More   UFC Press Report: Tito Back, Fedor Not Coming, Tons More Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 10:17 pm

I don't know about you, but I was never really impressed with Tito. I don't think that he really beat any body great and he got his ass handed to him by Coture and Liddel. His last fight, I think it was his last fight, he had a draw against Evans. A draw in the UFC? and what really pissed me off was that he would have won, if he would not have kept grabbing the cage.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: UFC Press Report: Tito Back, Fedor Not Coming, Tons More   UFC Press Report: Tito Back, Fedor Not Coming, Tons More Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 10:54 pm

Well he beat Wanderlei Silva and Ken Shamrock (3 times I think). I think Tito was really there as a draw moreso than being the best fighter out there. Much like Lesnar is starting to do now, he was the guy people would pay to watch get beat up.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: UFC Press Report: Tito Back, Fedor Not Coming, Tons More   UFC Press Report: Tito Back, Fedor Not Coming, Tons More Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 11:16 pm

babaganoosh wrote:
Well he beat Wanderlei Silva and Ken Shamrock (3 times I think). I think Tito was really there as a draw moreso than being the best fighter out there. Much like Lesnar is starting to do now, he was the guy people would pay to watch get beat up.

He beat Shamrock 10 past prime. I would have loved to see what Shamrock would do in his prime. He also run his mouth all the time and I just wanted to see him get his ass beat.
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

Male Number of posts : 4927
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: UFC Press Report: Tito Back, Fedor Not Coming, Tons More   UFC Press Report: Tito Back, Fedor Not Coming, Tons More Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 9:36 am

Yay! Tito Ortiz may not be in his prime these days but he's a real entertaining fighter in my opinion and I look forward to seeing how he handles Mark Coleman. Hopefully he takes the win and moves back up the ranks swiftly. He's one of my all-time favourites.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: UFC Press Report: Tito Back, Fedor Not Coming, Tons More   UFC Press Report: Tito Back, Fedor Not Coming, Tons More Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 2:13 pm

Mattitude Follower wrote:
Yay! Tito Ortiz may not be in his prime these days but he's a real entertaining fighter in my opinion and I look forward to seeing how he handles Mark Coleman. Hopefully he takes the win and moves back up the ranks swiftly. He's one of my all-time favourites.

Maybe he will be cannon foder for Anderson Silva soon. On second thought, I doubt he would take a fight that might be hard. I hope his comeback gets shut down by Mark Coleman.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: UFC Press Report: Tito Back, Fedor Not Coming, Tons More   UFC Press Report: Tito Back, Fedor Not Coming, Tons More Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 2:45 pm

If Ortiz's cardio is up to speed, I really don't see Coleman taking it. That is a big if though because we've seen that taking extended periods of time off fighting can absolutely kill your cardio, see Shogun.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: UFC Press Report: Tito Back, Fedor Not Coming, Tons More   UFC Press Report: Tito Back, Fedor Not Coming, Tons More Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 3:26 pm

babaganoosh wrote:
If Ortiz's cardio is up to speed, I really don't see Coleman taking it. That is a big if though because we've seen that taking extended periods of time off fighting can absolutely kill your cardio, see Shogun.
the fight isn't even going to happen for like 5 or 6 months. Tito likes to run his mouth about training at "Big Bear', so he should be fine in 6 months.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC Press Report: Tito Back, Fedor Not Coming, Tons More   UFC Press Report: Tito Back, Fedor Not Coming, Tons More Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1