chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"Ghost Rider 2" and "Silver Surfer" Films Confirmed

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

"Ghost Rider 2" and "Silver Surfer" Films Confirmed Empty
PostSubject: "Ghost Rider 2" and "Silver Surfer" Films Confirmed   "Ghost Rider 2" and "Silver Surfer" Films Confirmed Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 1:55 am

Posted: September 23rd, 2009 by WorstPreviews.com Staff

Variety has confirmed that Columbia Pictures is moving forward with "Ghost Rider 2" and is currently in early talks with David Goyer (The Dark Knight) to create the story and supervise writers for a film expected to once again star Nicolas Cage.

Marvel head Avi Arad said that if you can get the right people, you can make a good movie. He give the Goyer-scripted "Blade" trilogy as an example.

"The character was virtually unknown, didn't even have his own comic book, and had been part of 'Tombs of Dracula," Arad said. "It tells you what can happen if you unleash a library with the right creative partners."

The first "Ghost Rider" was both written and directed by Mark Steven Johnson. It went on to barely make back its $110 million domestically. Based on Arad's words, it's unlikely that Johnson will be brought back to helm.

Variety added that 20th Century Fox is currently hard at work on the "Fantastic Four" and "Daredevil" reboots and a "Silver Surfer" spin-off.
Back to top Go down
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

Male Number of posts : 3627
Registration date : 2007-11-21

PostSubject: Re: "Ghost Rider 2" and "Silver Surfer" Films Confirmed   "Ghost Rider 2" and "Silver Surfer" Films Confirmed Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 1:58 am

I heard the first Ghost Rider blew nuts. And the Fantastic Four doing a movie with The Silver Surfer didn't do it justice. Sadly, I think the Fantastic Four movies weren't to bad.

But not as good as recent movies.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ecw.com
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: "Ghost Rider 2" and "Silver Surfer" Films Confirmed   "Ghost Rider 2" and "Silver Surfer" Films Confirmed Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 2:00 am

They are talking about doing a total rebot of the Fantastic Four and I didn't hate Ghost Rider, it was pretty cool
Back to top Go down
Straight-Edge Zach
The Enforcer
The Enforcer
Straight-Edge Zach

Other / Decline to state Number of posts : 3563
Registration date : 2007-12-02

PostSubject: Re: "Ghost Rider 2" and "Silver Surfer" Films Confirmed   "Ghost Rider 2" and "Silver Surfer" Films Confirmed Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 12:45 am

Ghost Rider was alright...not great, just watchable. Fantastic 4 sucked so much ass though, the Silver Surfer was bitch slapped so hard his cheek turned red.
Back to top Go down
Savant
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Savant

Male Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: "Ghost Rider 2" and "Silver Surfer" Films Confirmed   "Ghost Rider 2" and "Silver Surfer" Films Confirmed Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 2:07 am

I liked Ghost Rider, though that's mostly due to me being a fan of the character beforehand. But it certainly wasn't as terrible as it could have been. Sequel? Yes please.
Back to top Go down
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

PostSubject: Re: "Ghost Rider 2" and "Silver Surfer" Films Confirmed   "Ghost Rider 2" and "Silver Surfer" Films Confirmed Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 2:10 am

Savant wrote:
I liked Ghost Rider, though that's mostly due to me being a fan of the character beforehand. But it certainly wasn't as terrible as it could have been. Sequel? Yes please.

That being said, it wasn't as awesome as it could of been either.

Nick Cage? No thanks.

Maybe we could have Travolta and Cage do a Marvel version of Face Off.

Either way, Marvel doesn't need to do the DC Mistake, don't force people into roles just because they're a name.

See Val Kilmer, George Clooney, Jim Carrey, Tommy Lee Jones, Uma Thurman, and Arnold.
Back to top Go down
Savant
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Savant

Male Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: "Ghost Rider 2" and "Silver Surfer" Films Confirmed   "Ghost Rider 2" and "Silver Surfer" Films Confirmed Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 2:11 am

Hey, I didn't say it was the best thing since sliced bread. But yeah, agreed on everything EXCEPT Jim Carrey. He made Batman Forever watchable.
Back to top Go down
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

PostSubject: Re: "Ghost Rider 2" and "Silver Surfer" Films Confirmed   "Ghost Rider 2" and "Silver Surfer" Films Confirmed Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 2:14 am

Savant wrote:
Hey, I didn't say it was the best thing since sliced bread. But yeah, agreed on everything EXCEPT Jim Carrey. He made Batman Forever watchable.

Yeah, he was so-so...the Riddler before that didn't strike me as such a funny guy.

I think Chris O'Donnell made that movie.

But it was a common DC mistake they've learned from now.

I mean seriously though, who remembers half the crew from X-Men before the movie came out....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Ghost Rider 2" and "Silver Surfer" Films Confirmed   "Ghost Rider 2" and "Silver Surfer" Films Confirmed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1