chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wrestlezone Annual Awards: Best Male Superstar

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Wrestlezone Annual Awards: Best Male Superstar Empty
PostSubject: Wrestlezone Annual Awards: Best Male Superstar   Wrestlezone Annual Awards: Best Male Superstar Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 6:20 am

Found this would be great for discussion. Here is what Wrestlezone listed as the best Male Superstars of 2009.

10. John Morrison
09. The Undertaker
08. Daniels
07. Kofi Kingston
06. Kurt Angle
05. John Cena
04. A.J. Styles
03. C.M. Punk
02. Chris Jericho
01. Randy Orton

A Solid list in my opinion. Personally I feel that Y2J should be where AJ is and Punk should be #2 and Styles should be #3. Also, Where is Christian, He has had a pretty good year. Other then that a fine list.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlezone Annual Awards: Best Male Superstar   Wrestlezone Annual Awards: Best Male Superstar Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 11:36 am

I'm really surpised Christian is left off this list, as he has had a better year than a few of these superstars. Since Mania, Christian has became a two time WWECW title reign and his current reign is the longest reign since WWE brought back ECW (as I call it, WWECW/the reign is CLX+ days [160+ days]).

Although, the list isn't bad. I kind of disagree with Punks placement as his year was only really great for about four months and other people have had more consistency this year. Like Jericho, defeating the legends, to winning the Intercontinetal title and then winning the Tag championships. I'd personally have Jericho as number one but I can't really argue that Orton shouldn't be number one. Overall a pretty sold list.
Back to top Go down
RKO93
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Male Number of posts : 1652
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlezone Annual Awards: Best Male Superstar   Wrestlezone Annual Awards: Best Male Superstar Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 4:19 pm

Morrison has a solid place in this list and he's done excellently for himself this year, but Christian probably deserves to be on the list more than he does. And on top of that, Christian has been far more consistent than Taker. What has Taker done? He was around for half the year and probably wrestled about 30 matches the entire year. Christian wrestles basically every week and sporadically at PPVs. And it's not like Christian isn't ECW Champion now and has been for about half the year. It's just kind crazy that Morrison, Taker, Kingston, and Daniels are all on this list before Christian.

Kingston was a breakout star, won the US Title, did okay in MITB, and feuded with Orton. He didn't do anything EPIC, IMO. He probably should've been the one excluded from this list out of the ten on there. He hasn't even gotten a one-on-one World Title shot, like the rest of them have. Daniels has also been excellent this year, but he hasn't done anything huge besides returning and being in some big matches. They seem like filler for the bottom of the list.

The rest of the list looks pretty cool. Punk had a great year, he started off excellently. He won the IC Title in the first month, MITB for the second time, scored multiple victories over World Champion, Edge, had a very interesting feud with Umaga which he won, won the World Title twice, technically defeated Undertaker by submission, and actually had good matches with R-Truth afterwards. Punk has nowhere to go but up, it only made sense that he be taken out of the Main Event picture with big scene leviathans such as Batista and Taker coming back. Punk would've looked weak against them at the time and he was in the doghouse, so in the future, Punk is going to shine much more. He deserves his spot.

Can't really argue the rest of the list. Happy that Jericho and Orton got the top 2 spots as well Punk rounding out the top 3. I'm sure Styles has had a great year as well, not that I would really know. Cena and Angle were credible names in this list. Overall, a very solid list by Wrestlezone.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlezone Annual Awards: Best Male Superstar   Wrestlezone Annual Awards: Best Male Superstar Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 4:43 pm

RKO93 wrote:
And on top of that, Christian has been far more consistent than Taker. What has Taker done? He was around for half the year and probably wrestled about 30 matches the entire year.

What has Taker done? For starters, he defeated Shawn at Mania to advance the streak to 17-0 in a match most call a classic (of course, I'm not one of those people, I feel that match is pretty overrated).More importantly, even though he was absent for a few months, he's had the longest World Championship reign in MMIX (2009). I'm not just talking about the World Heavyweight Championship, this is including the WWE Championship (albeit, Ortons reign is a close second, as of today, Takers reign is only one day longer). I think having a longer World title reign than any other superstar (in WWE) this year justifies putting him on the list. I do agree though that Kofi shouldn't be on the list and Christian should replace him.
Back to top Go down
RKO93
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlezone Annual Awards: Best Male Superstar   Wrestlezone Annual Awards: Best Male Superstar Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 8:21 pm

His title reign has been about 3-4 months. Just because WWE has ADD when it comes to their championships doesn't mean that Taker has accomplished much. And Christian's title run has been far more impressive and longer than Taker's. Taker has successfully defended against 3 people. He put on one good match this year and that was against Michaels. Honestly, I would've easily taken him off the list for Christian in a heartbeat.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlezone Annual Awards: Best Male Superstar   Wrestlezone Annual Awards: Best Male Superstar Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 9:29 pm

RKO93 wrote:
His title reign has been about 3-4 months. Just because WWE has ADD when it comes to their championships doesn't mean that Taker has accomplished much. And Christian's title run has been far more impressive and longer than Taker's. Taker has successfully defended against 3 people. He put on one good match this year and that was against Michaels. Honestly, I would've easily taken him off the list for Christian in a heartbeat.

I don't disagree with taking Taker off the list for Christian but Taker has accomplished something. Also, it actually does mean that Taker has accomplished something because unlike most people WWE doesn't have him drop the belt in around forty days or less like they have for most of the champions this year. Also, the WWECW title isn't a World championship which might have given Taker an edge against Christian when they were deciding the list. In fact, I think the fact that Christian is on WWECW is a major reason to why he isn't on the list. Because really, that's the only reason I can think of why they wouldn't put him on the list.
Back to top Go down
RKO93
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlezone Annual Awards: Best Male Superstar   Wrestlezone Annual Awards: Best Male Superstar Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 10:36 pm

Y2J X wrote:
RKO93 wrote:

I don't disagree with taking Taker off the list for Christian but Taker has accomplished something. Also, it actually does mean that Taker has accomplished something because unlike most people WWE doesn't have him drop the belt in around forty days or less like they have for most of the champions this year. Also, the WWECW title isn't a World championship which might have given Taker an edge against Christian when they were deciding the list. In fact, I think the fact that Christian is on WWECW is a major reason to why he isn't on the list. Because really, that's the only reason I can think of why they wouldn't put him on the list.

But Morrison was technically on ECW for about the first four months of the year and never even won the belt there this year. He was Tag Champ for like 2 months and IC champ for maybe 3-4. Not saying Morrison shouldn't be on the list, but I think it proves that Christian was just a great omission from this list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlezone Annual Awards: Best Male Superstar   Wrestlezone Annual Awards: Best Male Superstar Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wrestlezone Annual Awards: Best Male Superstar
Page 1 of 1